How did you get into UTV desert racing?

dude1782

Future UTV Racer
Jan 13, 2015
Phoenix, Arizona
How did you get into UTV desert racing? I'm trying to get into desert racing and I want to know how other people got into it. Tell me about the history of your team. What made you want to start racing? Did anyone help support you? What series did you race in? What class did you race? What vehicle did you race? Were you already racing in another series? Who helped you out with pit and maintenance? When and how did you get your sponsors? How has your team grown since you started?

Last edited:

Heybeerman

Mar 3, 2011
Morristown, AZ
I was Shanghaied!

Last thing I remember was passing out by the campfire. The next thing I remember is being Duct taped in the passenger seat.

Desert Toyz Cory S

DeSeRt ToYz RhInO - UTVUnderground Approved
Aug 23, 2009
It was 1960 something, when my Dad opened up the first offroad shop in Phoenix Arizona, It was of course called "The Buggy Shop". I was one year old when my dad took me to Baja for my first race, I've been racing ever since. It was 2004 on new year eve when my Dad pasted away. As a tribute to him I built my Rhino into a desert racer. My Family and I raced it in the 2005 Vegas to Reno race. This was the first time anyone had desert raced a UTV. After that race Casey called and asked if I would create a UTV class and manage it for BITD. Fast forward to today, the UTV class is the fastest growing class in offroad racing, UTVs are raced all over the world and one of the few classes with manufacture support. If you really want to get into offroad racing, join a team, thats the best place to start.

dude1782

Future UTV Racer
Jan 13, 2015
Phoenix, Arizona
It was 1960 something, when my Dad opened up the first offroad shop in Phoenix Arizona, It was of course called "The Buggy Shop". I was one year old when my dad took me to Baja for my first race, I've been racing ever since. It was 2004 on new year eve when my Dad pasted away. As a tribute to him I built my Rhino into a desert racer. My Family and I raced it in the 2005 Vegas to Reno race. This was the first time anyone had desert raced a UTV. After that race Casey called and asked if I would create a UTV class and manage it for BITD. Fast forward to today, the UTV class is the fastest growing class in offroad racing, UTVs are raced all over the world and one of the few classes with manufacture support. If you really want to get into offroad racing, join a team, thats the best place to start.
Thanks for the advice; I'm looking for a local team to help out right now. I can't believe how much the UTV industry has grown in my lifetime and I haven't even been around that long.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000