JAYPEE's New SXS Build

JaYpEeYoOeSsAy

Figure that user name out! - UTVUnderground Approv
Dec 13, 2009
yo what up guys! so my jig is half done, i hope to finish it tomorrow. you right graham, this thig will be pretty different then what i origional set my mind on, i kinda create as i go along and spend nights awake thinking of stuff. this car will have a bunch of OG stuff a lot of peeps have never seen before, this insnt really a rhino although ill be using rhino style parts that we create. purpose for this is so it can be marketed to the motor swap guys...

thanks for the info on the drives Jim, i have a lot of thin king to do wiuth regards to that do to the style of riding and price as there is a significant difference between the RPM and the others. so just to get a decent understanding, if runn the RPM im basicaly loosing top speed. so in your opinon what would be the approx top speed on the RC51 with that drive? im not looking to go over 100; but wouldnt mind being in the 85-95 range...

ill post pics of the jig as soon as im done and then its off to buy tube and start fabbing.. i should start designing my arms tomorrow as well... the only thing that may change is my timeframe. i need to find a happy medium between the build, work and family. but when i set my mind on something, ill usually take it to the extreme.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
thanks for the info on the drives Jim, i have a lot of thin king to do wiuth regards to that do to the style of riding and price as there is a significant difference between the RPM and the others. so just to get a decent understanding, if runn the RPM im basicaly loosing top speed. so in your opinon what would be the approx top speed on the RC51 with that drive? im not looking to go over 100; but wouldnt mind being in the 85-95 range...

ill post pics of the jig as soon as im done and then its off to buy tube and start fabbing.. i should start designing my arms tomorrow as well... the only thing that may change is my timeframe. i need to find a happy medium between the build, work and family. but when i set my mind on something, ill usually take it to the extreme.
I wasnt too concerned about top speed as much as Chain maintenence issues. With the small sprocket sizes it shortens your chain lenght. The shorter the chain the hoter in will run, and the more it will stretch. also if you at 5:1 + final drive you may loose some of you lower gear ranges. IE you may need to take off in 3rd gear instead of 1st. and a launch in 3rd may start breaking drive componets inside the engine. To be 100% honnest with you....I think Id do without reverse and go with wellers set up before I used the RPM box

JaYpEeYoOeSsAy

Figure that user name out! - UTVUnderground Approv
Dec 13, 2009
the only problem is, i do a lot of driving where i need reverse. thats the only reason i was going that route. Hillbilly deluxe (rory) on 411 runs an RC51 and an RPM and changed his first chain at 2000 miles, but its long. ill have to get some dertails from him on what gear he starts in, top speed, etc... i really would like to have reverse, cause i use it a ton in my rhino now. if i was playing in the sand only i wouldnt sweat it, but in the desert, its a must imo. i'm concerned with the starting off in 3rd program, need to find out about that.

thanks jim, other then those issues, the RPM isnt a POS is it?

Quad Cartel

Jun 13, 2009
Rialto,CA
JP,
I only take off in 1st. 2nd is too tall with out winding out the engine. All I have to do is change 1 sprocket and adjust the chain then I can do 90mph no problem. 90mph in a Rhino out in the middle of the desert is nuts. I will stick to 65-70. I have not had one problem with my RPM box, I would do it all over again with the RPM box. Rory

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
the only problem is, i do a lot of driving where i need reverse. thats the only reason i was going that route. Hillbilly deluxe (rory) on 411 runs an RC51 and an RPM and changed his first chain at 2000 miles, but its long. ill have to get some dertails from him on what gear he starts in, top speed, etc... i really would like to have reverse, cause i use it a ton in my rhino now. if i was playing in the sand only i wouldnt sweat it, but in the desert, its a must imo. i'm concerned with the starting off in 3rd program, need to find out about that.

thanks jim, other then those issues, the RPM isnt a POS is it?
JP,
I only take off in 1st. 2nd is too tall with out winding out the engine. All I have to do is change 1 sprocket and adjust the chain then I can do 90mph no problem. 90mph in a Rhino out in the middle of the desert is nuts. I will stick to 65-70. I have not had one problem with my RPM box, I would do it all over again with the RPM box. Rory
No Ive seen the inside of an RPM...they look solid. I guess with some crazy turbo busa power you may have issues...but if your keeping it mild it will be fine....

Well there you have it. But I have seen Rorys build....he has plenty of chain length. What sprockets are you running buy the way Rory? And what gear ratio is your box?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000