LOORS and DragonFire Racing Opens Last Round of Primm to All Rhino’s with Rhino Mot

DRAGONFIRERACING

DFR 2009 Baja 500-1000 Winners! - Official UTVUnde
Jul 1, 2009
LOORS and DragonFire Racing Opens Last Round of Primm to All Rhino’s with Rhino Motors.
The Final Round at Primm Valley Motorsports Complex November 14th and 15th will be the biggest field ye, allowing everyone who has a race Vehicle out to Primm Nevada for the last race of the Season. DragonFIre Racing and LOORS have agreed to let all Rhino’s with Rhino Motors enter the 700 Class. We are trying to see how to expand the 700 class next year. Racers have asked for motor swaps, Displacement changes and weight regulation; we are saying bring it all. We need to learn from this race so we can expand the class next year.
Lee Perfect from LOORS and Todd Romano from DragonFire Racing both agreed that the Series has been a tremendous success this year, and we want to bring it back even bigger next year. We have one of the biggest fields in the series, and by letting more vehicles on track, and changing up the tracks next year we feel that the racing will only get better.
We will use the information we learn from this race to build a class for this vehicle next year. We believe that we can have both the Limited UTV and Modified Rhino run in the same class. We hope that this brings a lot of X racers to Primm for the final Race. Primm is an amazing facility with several elevation changes and High speed corners. We hope this is enough notice to allow everyone to race.
There has been a lot of talk about R1 motor Swaps, or Teryx Motor Swaps we feel that allowing existing vehicles to race is least expensive way to get everyone racing. Don’t change a thing, just come out and drive. DragonFire Racing is Putting up and additional $500 Cash for the first place winner in this class.
We are working on some additional cost savings for this onetime event for the new drivers. Lee Perfect will have this out shortly.
I want to thank LORRS for Putting on a great Series and my staff and Drivers for winning the 700 class this year. We head to Baja next month to win the Baja 1000 and bring home our second championship of the season.
Updates will be posted on our web site and blog.
Kawasaki Teryx Performance & Accessories Yamaha Rhino Accessories, Yamaha Rhino Performance, Arctic Cat Prowler, Polaris Ranger & RZR, Custom Yamaha Rhino @ DragonFireRacing.com
Dragon Fire Racing Blog
See you all at the races.
Todd Romano
DragonFire Racing

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
Re: LOORS and DragonFire Racing Opens Last Round of Primm to All Rhino’s with Rhino M

I am all for this, except, they need to be in their own race. put the 700 and 800 class UTV's together.
I am sorry, but I don't want my chances of competing against my class (600) messed up by other cars that have not raced short course. the 600 class is the biggest out there, with 2/3/4 championship positions within 11 points total.

I am representing the Yamaha Rhino in a field of twin cyl machines, give me a chance at least in the last two races, heads up. lol

Rog

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Re: LOORS and DragonFire Racing Opens Last Round of Primm to All Rhino’s with Rhino M

to make it clear.....this means NO Motor Swaps! They are inviting out all Rhinos with Yamaha Rhino motors no matter whatthe displacement to run in one class. I am just happy we have someone trying to do more for UTV Racing. I am a little bummed we are not going to see Corry running there but we know the SR1 is coming along great!

Hopefully we will see a large turnout of Rhinos for the LOORRS Finale!

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA

My tongue is bleeding.......

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved

Ive posted my opinions on another forum. I dont really feel like going through it all again. This reminds me of the "Weve raised the Pro class CC limit to 1000cc without first discussing it with the racers announcement.." I think it will all work its self out in the end.

07fj

Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az

Ive posted my opinions on another forum. I dont really feel like going through it all again. This reminds me of the "Weve raised the Pro class CC limit to 1000cc without first discussing it with the racers announcement.." I think it will all work its self out in the end.
when/where was that Ben??

Austin Kimbrell

Monster Energy Kawasaki - UTVUnderground Team Driv
Jan 27, 2009
Arizona ASU

the 600 pro class is 800cc limit lol :D

Wild Earp

the 600 pro class is 800cc limit lol :D
Yep, it is now. When they first announced allowing UTVs at Speedworld, they stated the Pro class CC limit would be 1000cc. After a lot of discussion, it was kept at 800cc, and the Modified class was added.

"There will be two classes. The Pro Class will have many of the same rules that CORR had in place last year. The Mod Class, will be a strictly bolt on class. STRICKLY BOLT ON: No internal Motor Mods. Final Rules and Safety will be posted on the Lucas Oil Web site."

and

"Some things we are working on: the Displacement for Pro will be increased. We are going to allow the Prowler XTZ to Run. This will also allow for a little wider car."

(Both Quotes are from DRAGONFIRERACING on rf.net)

Not may be increased. But, WILL be increased.

http://www.r****f*****.net/general-...llow-utv-s-speedworld-offroad-park-round.html

Wild Earp

And then it was

"Option 2: max displacement for all vehicles but XTZ is 850 CC
We have described the XTZ limitation.
There are many Desert Racers that have bigger than 800 CC, with the Teryx 840 kit being pretty common.
This is the only way we can let the XTZ in, and I need the manufacture support to pull this off. Without the manufactures this will be a short lived series. We are spending a lot to make this happen, and need to pull from any and all resources to make it grow. If we alienate a factory, that is one less door to knock on.
So if you can come and run with what you have, I am sure we won’t have full blown XTZ's racing any time soon. I don’t want anyone to spend additional money to come race, but allot of you have been racing with over 900 CC in some of the local races, and still show up.

If you want a series, we are going to have to make some compromises."

I think Nessies base motor is a 840..

07fj

Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az

And then it was

"Option 2: max displacement for all vehicles but XTZ is 850 CC
We have described the XTZ limitation.
There are many Desert Racers that have bigger than 800 CC, with the Teryx 840 kit being pretty common.
This is the only way we can let the XTZ in, and I need the manufacture support to pull this off. Without the manufactures this will be a short lived series. We are spending a lot to make this happen, and need to pull from any and all resources to make it grow. If we alienate a factory, that is one less door to knock on.
So if you can come and run with what you have, I am sure we won’t have full blown XTZ's racing any time soon. I don’t want anyone to spend additional money to come race, but allot of you have been racing with over 900 CC in some of the local races, and still show up.

If you want a series, we are going to have to make some compromises."

I think Nessies base motor is a 840..
I remember some of that, but Artic cat has a 700 they could use, so there would be no exlusion

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009

Yep....I remember ALL of that.....whatever happened to Artic Cat, anyway?

Blue Coyote

Jul 31, 2009
Eugene OR
www.NWOffroad.net

As a 'future' UTV racer here are my thoughts..

Modified Class - Single cylinder class up to 760cc (also to include the bolt on stock class / twin cylinders).

Pro Class - Twin cylinder class up to 850cc (along with mega cc singles)

Unlimted Class - Multi cylinder class up to 1001 cc ( the XTZ, SR1, etc) as well as motor swaps (rotax), etc.

If the Rhino's have class to be competative in, then we may run single and an SR1.

Thanks to Dragonfire for looking into doing something to make a program that all UTV's can be competative in.

DRAGONFIRERACING

DFR 2009 Baja 500-1000 Winners! - Official UTVUnde
Jul 1, 2009

Thanks man, Speaking of that XTZ Race Cat I got to give credit to Bi-Polar for there win last year in the 1000 and helping us pit for the win in the 500... we are coming for them this year just wait till you see Nessy 1 now!

07fj

Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az

I got another racer lined up for Primm, DFR. what is the verdict about fees and safety items?

stock cc power plant teryx, full welded cage and LT. (team HRT)

we also need to know about helmet restraints, some have the "donut" and should be allowed in stock class for this last weekend. throwing down 400 plus for a d-cell for one weekend is steep and many will not do this for one race. just saying.

also let the rotax guys into the "800" modified class for this round, I think you would have a couple more comeout. Dan has already locked in his class anyways.

tyler

Parkse5 - UTVUnderground Approved
May 27, 2009
mission viejo

what's wrong with the 800cc limit?:confused: the rzr's are pretty much bored out to the max at 800 and are barely able too keep up with the kawi's as it is. If you raise it to 850 it will be a bunch of teryx's racing 'cause a rzr can't make that sort of power.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000