Other Motorcycle Powered Mini Desert Lite

TutTech

Dec 23, 2010
z11.invisionfree.com
Well haven't updated in a bit.. not much going on as I have been working on a 2 seater and another single seater.. here is the single seater I thought looked cool.. as you can see how small the frame is sitting on a pallet.. lol

and single seat frame next to my car

as for my buggy it has been getting small work done on it.
I have my engine now and radiator and mostly collecting parts to get ready for when I get more time to work on it.

I did set up my rear 4 piston brake

mocking up radiator

Anyways just posting an update as it is still going just been busy working on other cars.. not really posting pics of those as they are the same as this one.
Thanks.
:)

TutTech

Dec 23, 2010
z11.invisionfree.com
The caliper does go up in the front a small amount.. and while bleeding under pressure it should be enough to push the air out.. I took the photo inline with it.. Also once motor is in the rear will be lower then the front and I can lift the front.. But if it does become an issue I can simply jack up the front of the car and bleed it.... ;)

Thanks guys for the questions and nice comments.
I have been doing some small little details.. nothing worthy of pics.
Also I have been busy doing some side work but that is good because it has paid for my engine, radiator, lines, digital dash, expensive EK 530 ZZZ o-ring chain! etc.
So even though no big updates I am working on it and getting more done.

Thanks I appreciate the comments, thoughts or questions.

TutTech

Dec 23, 2010
z11.invisionfree.com
Been busy building some two seat versions so not much to post yet on the single seater. The two seaters are the same wheel base and just 4 inches longer to fit in larger street bike motors to push the extra weight and two people.. anyways here is some updates on those to show some stuff I have been doing.

Here it is with the mock up body on it.. to help get an idea of it's size.
I shortend the hood 2 more inches and it looks better in my opinion but didn't take another pic.
Body should look the same as the single seater from the side no difference.... only from the front is the car wider.. wheel base the same etc.

Back cage work and rear housing

front arms

rear arms

here's the spindle kit for it ready to be welded up to go on

New center bracing going into all the cars.

and some finished frame pics of another 2 seater done

http://www.milanoo.com/wholesale-Lolita-Clothing-c634?Promotion=MBYGRMKT&gclid=CL3KjOjNgqoCFQVR2godTxYmyg

TutTech

Dec 23, 2010
z11.invisionfree.com
Ok nothing huge...... But it is a start.

My motor is in.. starting to mock it up.. and starting to make motor mounts.. nothing big but it slides right in.. fits well.. and I can even run the stock breather box tell I make an all K&N unit for it later on if I decide.. but for now it works and fits.
Radiator is going off set to allow more air to hit it as my body would block most the air.. and to allow easy hook up to the water lines etc.
Everything is coming together.. sheesh took awhile.. been so busy.
Anyways will be racing it next year as planned.. can't wait.

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
Hopefully this won't brake any rules.. but here is my own website's forum with the pics hosted and posted on it.
Try this and see if you can see them there

MINI LITE'S
IT IS ME. MY WORK HAS FILTERS OR SOMETHING SO I CAN'T SEE THE PIX ON YOUR SITE EITHER. I KNOW YOU BUILD SOME NICE CARS BECAUSE OF OUR RIDE @ TRUCKHAVEN. VERY NICE WORK. SORRY I MISSED THE BUGGY BASH THIS YEAR.

TutTech

Dec 23, 2010
z11.invisionfree.com
I will start posting some You Tube videos soon so you will at least be able to see it then.. I hope...

Fired up and tested my gsxr 600 engine in my single seater.
Wanted to make sure it fired and ran before hooking up all the cables etc.
Fires and sounds awesome.. just running headers need to hook up the silencer.

Here is a quick 15 second video.. but have to hear it.. dang sounds great!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyEPJfLyEU8]Mini Lite gsxr 600cc engine test - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks for looking.

Eclipse RV

Toy hauler - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
Riverside
www.cruiserrv.com
I will start posting some You Tube videos soon so you will at least be able to see it then.. I hope...

Fired up and tested my gsxr 600 engine in my single seater.
Wanted to make sure it fired and ran before hooking up all the cables etc.
Fires and sounds awesome.. just running headers need to hook up the silencer.

Here is a quick 15 second video.. but have to hear it.. dang sounds great!
Mini Lite gsxr 600cc engine test - YouTube

Thanks for looking.
NICE! I really like the look of the two seat and single seat!!!

TutTech

Dec 23, 2010
z11.invisionfree.com
Went out for New Years and tested out the new mini buggy.
Awesome! That is the one word everyone including myself had for it. People checked it out as I drove by, came over to watch me drive and just to check it out. Awesome was the word everyone had to say.

OK lets get to some of the good stuff.. Here is an inboard video of me going from just after the Rock Pile in Lucerne on the old MDR track down to the dry lake bed.. It's a couple miles. My suspension was just set up and not totally dialed in yet so I take off easy and build up as it warms up and I get more comfortable. Remember this is my first high speed run and full suspension test. I ran a top speed of 70 mph through that section. It is mostly just 3 foot rollers, couple rocks and it's down hill with loose sand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3_QYjLtCHs&feature=youtu.be

(I have to say I did not expect to be able to run so fast through these size whoops with a car that has only a 95 inch wheel base.. my car looks long but take a look at the lower pic of it next to my wife's quad.. it is not a big car. Anyways it just fly's up on top of the whoops, smooth already and I still am dialing in the suspension and FAST.... Never bottomed out and never flew off course etc.)

Then we just went exploring and Geo Cache all weekend. So here are just pics of random areas or pics people took of me.

Well luckily not much to say about any problems.. We covered a total of about 70 miles.. 47 of that being all on Sat. and no real problems just stuff to dial in.. finish adjusting suspension, mounting of stuff better etc.
I do need to buy a bigger push pull clutch cable, 6061 aluminum skid plate, my air breather and radio and I am all set for racing.
Make and mount my spare tire carrier.

My car weighs about 1,100 pounds.
It has a GSXR 600 and I did take it to at least 70 mph and then it gears out pretty fast after that. I can with a lot of clutch take off in second gear.. with this weight and size I would say I am a bit under geared but for the style racing and short course I am doing I will try it for now. Then if it is to low I can always go up 1 inch in tire size or re gear it. More ground clearance etc. is helpful with the bigger tires though. But I love how fast it can pull all the way to 70+ mph.
Awesome!

Found the fastest guy in a built rhino on the dry lake bed and let him take off as I was talking to him facing him.. he took off I did my U turn and flat out caught him and then took another gear by him... Awesome!
I have to say the 600 is an amazing engine. The rpm is stupidly high that I can run it at an it sounds mean.. I love the rrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRR sound the exhaust makes. LOL..

Anyways just some more stuff to dial in and set up for racing it.. but it is impressive and I found myself driving 1 handed all day.. I forgot what it was like not to have power steering, just that you can now feel all the pumps etc. but I drove 47 miles one day no gloves and no problems.. not soar etc. The tires are small but you can just feel everything again.. I don't see adding any power steering as I just don't think it is needed as the steering wheel is not jerking out of my hand, with gloves all the vibration goes away and again small tires easy to turn and goes straight and fast as hell.

I am mostly just impressed that for a first trip out I was able to run all 3 days, little trouble shifting with the bad cable but no biggy and able to drive it straight into the trailer and head home.. Awesome!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000