My race report

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
My race report
First I gotta throw it out to “That guy right there†JoeyD, always upbeat, super positive, and very supportive of all the racers. Thanks Joey.

Second, Weller Racing, Jason is very cool and super helpful. I saw him under the hood of a few cars, that’s service and something he really doesn’t need to do but does anyway.

Didn’t see all the classes race, the turnout was down so they combined a couple of classes like the UTV’s, combined Pro & Am which makes for a good show for the fans but bad blood between the racers.

After practice, and timed qualifier, staging for the main was not by time, it was by who ever got there first, which I was told later by one of the tech guys was the racers fault because no one told them the races had started, seriously.

Code started second to last out of 15 and after one race long battle with John Dempsey that carried them to the front Code managed to win the Am Mod class and finish 3rd O/A in the combined Pro/Am race.

Pro
RJ Anderson
Doug Mittag
Cory Weller

Am
Code Rahders
John Dempsy
Fred Wolf

The Ryson Motorsports car looked to be having power problems during practice and the qualifier then rolled in the main and pulled out.

The 620 Home Depot car struggled as well, not sure why but things just weren’t going right.

Austin Kimbrell broke a rear diff.

Kyla Smith?
Gary Thompson?

Tyler Winbury's new Teryx was having problems with the EFI so Funco lent them Chad Georges old CORR Rhino to race, things were going great till he got bumped by another car taking out the rear diff, LR shock, LR arms, fender, & door skin. Tough night for Tyler.

RED FLAG the track manager & tech staff at PAS. Without the owner there to keep things in check the track manager’s true colors showed, not good, Ill leave it at that.

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
GOOD REPORT. I TALKED TO THE DRIVER OF THE RYSON DIRECT CONCEPT INGHAM RACING RHINO. HE SAID HE WAS RIGHT BEHIND THE LEADER CORRY WELLER WHEN HE GOT HIT IN THE LEFT REAR BREAKING AN AXLE CAUSING HIM TO SPINOUT & ROLLOVER. HE SAID HE SAW THE SAME GUY DO THE SAME THING 2 MORE TIMES AFTER THAT TO 2 OTHER DRIVERS. SOME OF THINGS YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT THE TRACK MANAGER, WOULDN'T BE HAVING TO USE TRACK FUEL & BASICALLY NO TECH, AS WELL AS BAD CALLS ON THE TRACK. WOULD THAT BE THE RED FLAG? :confused: CONGRATULATIONS TO CODE.

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
I wonder if it was the same blue Rhino that used me as his brakes and locked onto my rear bumper? Hear he hit a few others after me, as well....

Had fun out there, for the most part....track management def needs to be nicer to their racers and some type of organization or "schedule following" would be great. The way they lined everyone up for the main was rediculous.......and for the first time in that series I almost felt they didn't even want us there. Like I said, I hope things change for the better....

See you guys at Round 3! :)

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Im pretty sure the passenger seat rule is going to be taken out or has been taken out...

BOBONTHIS

#64 PRO UTVUNDERGROUND RACER - UTVUnderground Appr
Jan 27, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Im pretty sure the passenger seat rule is going to be taken out or has been taken out...
Yes it has, But there will be no one there to race if they treat the racers like they did this weekend. I recieved a full report from a racer that normaly would not complain about anything but this time he said he will not be back to this series. I glad I didn't make it this weekend. I'm sure from what I hear I would have LOST IT.:mad:
Great Job Code & RJ for the wins. Great job for all of the racers as well. Nice to See Cory W back on the Podium.

dnf736

Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Cory, I agree, I think the track manager doesnt like the off roaders. Hes a roundy round guy.

Conspiricy time, I think its a plot to piss off enough racers that they dont come back getting the track owner to drop the off road program so he(the track manager) can wash his hands off us and get back to REAL racing. And I think its working.

Code & I just watched the tapes, I need someone else to film, Im too busy watching the race and miss alot of stuff.

It looks like Gary Thompson got caught on someones bumper & lost a tire.

Rhyson looked slow in practice, much faster & mid pack in the qualifier, solo roll while in 2nd (in the pro class) in the main. I missed him getting hit but I think it might have been the same car that got into Gary.

All the damage to the Funco car was, & I just hate this phrase, just racing. John & Code caught Tyler and I think Tyler didnt know they were there and turned in while John was in the air and left him no where to go.

This is where the combining of classes causes hard feelings. Cory Weller had second place money locked and a shot at first when she got caught on the front bumper of a Am driver. Weather is was a bone head move or "just racing" people were pissed when it was over.

Ill see if I cant get the main up on BLIP tonight.

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
Cory, I agree, I think the track manager doesnt like the off roaders. Hes a roundy round guy.

Conspiricy time, I think its a plot to piss off enough racers that they dont come back getting the track owner to drop the off road program so he(the track manager) can wash his hands off us and get back to REAL racing. And I think its working.

Code & I just watched the tapes, I need someone else to film, Im too busy watching the race and miss alot of stuff.

It looks like Gary Thompson got caught on someones bumper & lost a tire.

Rhyson looked slow in practice, much faster & mid pack in the qualifier, solo roll while in 2nd (in the pro class) in the main. I missed him getting hit but I think it might have been the same car that got into Gary.

All the damage to the Funco car was, & I just hate this phrase, just racing. John & Code caught Tyler and I think Tyler didnt know they were there and turned in while John was in the air and left him no where to go.

This is where the combining of classes causes hard feelings. Cory Weller had second place money locked and a shot at first when she got caught on the front bumper of a Am driver. Weather is was a bone head move or "just racing" people were pissed when it was over.

Ill see if I cant get the main up on BLIP tonight.
DOUG HAVE YOU OR JOEY TALKED TO KEN & TRAVIS ABOUT THIS? I KNOW THAT SEVERAL PEOPLE AREN'T COMING BACK UNLESS IT CHANGES. IF YOU DON'T TREAT THE RACERS , THEIR FAMILY & FRIENDS RIGHT YOU WILL LOSE THEM & THERE WON'T BE A SHOW. I KNOW SOME OF THE SIDEXSIDE RACERS & TROPHY KART RACERS HAVE BEEN WITH M4SX/DIRT ALLIANCE SINCE THE BEGINNING. IF THE TRACK KEEPS TREATING THEM LIKE SECOND CLASS CITIZENS, THEY WON'T BE BACK. THE TRACK FUEL OR TRACK TIRE ONLY IS DEFINITELY A ROUNDY ROUND THING. A LOT OF TRACKS DO THAT . I HAVE BEEN AROUND STAOKCAR & SPRINT CAR RACING SINCE THE EARLY 60S. IT IS USUALLY ASSOCIATIONS THAT CAUSE THEIR DEMISE. THE RACERS & OWNERS NEED TO LET KEN & TRAVIS KNOW WHAT THE TRACK MANAGER DID & IS DOING. IT IS UNDERMINING EVERYTHING TTHAT HEY HAVE WORKED VERY HARD FOR AS WELL AS THE REST OF US THAT WERE THERE FROM THE EBGINING.

450grl

Mar 15, 2009
I will drop Ken an e-mail regarding what we experienced out there - I agree; they have done far too much work on this series to let it get ruined so quickly by a track manager that has some obvious anger or power trip issues.......it really DOES seem like he doesn't want off-road racing at his oval track. We drive a long ways to get out there, and we like the series, so.....hopefully they get things fixed real quick!

dnf736

Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
I will drop Ken an e-mail regarding what we experienced out there - I agree; they have done far too much work on this series to let it get ruined so quickly by a track manager that has some obvious anger or power trip issues.......it really DOES seem like he doesn't want off-road racing at his oval track. We drive a long ways to get out there, and we like the series, so.....hopefully they get things fixed real quick!
Cory, you summarized the one page rant I have on a word doc right now, thanks for saving me.;)

1lostone

Feb 19, 2009
I will say that it was my wife and I's first time to the races and we had a blast...Cory, you had my wife on her feet.

450grl

Mar 15, 2009
REALLY?? That's SO cool!! When the fans really get into it, it's the best!! :) I'm glad you guys had a good time - hope you make it out again!!

FernandezRacing

Off Road Swap Meet - UTVUnderground Approved Spons
Jan 15, 2009
I hope everything works out, You racers are awsome and put on a hell of a SHOW!!! In CALI, Props to All the Az crew that travels for a great night!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000