my RZR1 build

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
well i cannot leave anything alone. it started Labor day weekend watching the Weller race rhino with an R1 engine scream by, the sound comming from that car was badass. then 3 weeks ago i was practicing on the Speedworld track and knew my rzr needed more and Weller was the place to look into.

so i stopped byt their shop and talked to them about the possibility of putting a R1 in my RZR. Jason said anything can be done and that sold me.

i hurried up and secured a motor off the internet and sent a shop in VA some money for it, well 2 weeks later i am still waiting on the motor which should arrive tomorrow so says UPS freight.

i have been all over the internet looking at R1 forums and mini buggy forums to get ideas and knowledge.

i started by pulling the drivetrain and selling most of it, then cut out all of the tubing i will not need. there was 2x more that i did not take a picture of.

then i was bored this weekend and decided to make an actuated lightbar with the 4 Hella 55 watt hids i stole of the wifes rhino.

next was to add the clutch pedal

Reactions: 1 person

STETLER

R1-Custom - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 24, 2009
Orange, CA
Good start. Glad to see you went with a reverse hanging pedal. Just never understood why people do these motor swaps and let the clutch resi. hang out in the wheel wheel just waiting for a rock to hit it and the limited sire size.
keep this thread updated. Looking forward to see this build and help in any way I can.:cool:

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Good start. Glad to see you went with a reverse hanging pedal. Just never understood why people do these motor swaps and let the clutch resi. hang out in the wheel wheel just waiting for a rock to hit it and the limited sire size.
keep this thread updated. Looking forward to see this build and help in any way I can.:cool:
yeah i was worried about the resivoir too thats why i did it. i was looking at the dual cylinder reverse hanging brake pedal but $330 was not in the budget this time. that along with paddle shift is on the to do list when i have some extra dough.

motor comes in freight tomorrow and i will drop it off at wellers for mount mock up and take the wire harness to peter d motorsports.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
tonights update

i finally recieved the motor i had it in my truck for about an hour then dropped it off at Wellers. gotta get engine mounts made, they look alot like the 07, 08 mounts but Jason had to make sure.

then i installed a fuel level sending unit for my new Dakota Digital 4 function gauge. the stock polaris sending unit would not work with the new gauge so i ordered a sending unit from Black Rhino.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Looking great. Im planning on doing paddle shifter on my R1 but having difficulty locating a kit that will shift both up and down... any ideas?

yeah i believe the Power Commander has the cabability to shift up. i was hoping to use that same wire to shift down just use two acutators.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
my update for this last week. made a header from scratch what a pita!!!!! i have to wait untill i mount the motor to cut the header tubing and 90 them to the rear.

i also mounted the radiator. which is a 2 row Honda civic racing radiator with shroud and fan for $150 shipped to me. damn UTV tax for the stock replacement huh?

i also cut off the rear bumper so i could mount it further rearward and add a wheel to it for a wheelie bar. haha no really with the 26" 16 paddle tires at full compression they would have hit the bumper.

this week will hopefully be installing the motor if i get the brackets from Weller.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Make me a header! :D

Looks bitchin!
you could not afford it. trying to make them both 31" long is the bad part. i am not running a passenger seat so i dont have to worry about the clearance there.

when in doubt when ordering u bends order long turn and 2x what you think you wil need. i could not even bend a 45* in straight pipe with my bender due to wrinkle on the inside of the bends.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000