My son has purchased his first home.

FBT

He gets the keys tomorrow.
I am so proud of this kid. He is almost 27, out on his own, and has bought his first house. He was a senior in 2001, and went right down to the Army and enlisted the day after the attacks. 3 days after he graduated he was gone.
He has been a great example to his younger brother, who idolizes him.
When he got out he had decided on HVAC. There is a good GI bill approved school in Reno. He got headhunted right out of the class by Sears and has been a HVAC tech for them for 5 years now. They love him, he has gotten raises and attaboys when others were getting laid off.
He came back to Grass Valley for awhile, but decided that California was not his cup of tea anymore, and transferred back up there late last fall, planning to live in his 33 ft 5er toyhauler with his girlfriend and their 2 dogs while he got his VA stuff sorted out for a loan.
He was approved, and after playing the short-sale game he found a place that was a conventional sale and put a bid in the first day it was listed.
He signed the paperwork today, and will get the keys tomorrow.
3-2, 1900+ sq. Ft. with a 3 car garage and RV parking in the neighborhood he wanted. I told him to be picky, and find what he wanted no matter how long it took. Settling for something less than what you want in this market is nuts.
I am so proud. I am also tickled to be able to start hauling all of his junk up there and start filling his garage and clear up some of my shop space.
This is a day I won't soon forget.

NEVERENOUGH

Oct 25, 2009
Man congrats sounds like you raised a great son. My daughter is currently in the Air Force and enjoying life. Nothing better than seeing our kids grow up to be great adults. You should be very proud thanks for sharing.

racemx587

Standing On My 4 Big Horns SUCKA! - UTVUnderground
Mar 28, 2009
Congrats!! I know the feeling.. I'm 23 and will be closing on my first home within the next week (hopefully). I'm beyond excited, starting to feel established! Sounds like you guys are super excited!! That's awesome he has plenty of garage space haha :D

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
That's awsome I just went in to escrow on me and my wifes first house together. Pretty much the same setup as your sons. Can't wait for these next thirty days to fly bye.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

aaronjuarez

Aug 2, 2010
I am so proud of this kid. He is almost 27, out on his own, and has bought his first house. He was a senior in 2001, and went right down to the Army and enlisted the day after the attacks. 3 days after he graduated he was gone.
When he got out he had decided on HVAC. There is a good GI bill approved school in Reno. He got headhunted right out of the class by Sears and has been a HVAC tech for them for 5 years now. They love him, he has gotten raises and attaboys when others were getting laid off.
He came back to Grass Valley for awhile, but decided that California was not his cup of tea anymore, and transferred back up there late last fall, planning to live in his 33 ft 5er toyhauler with his girlfriend and their 2 dogs while he got his VA stuff sorted out for a loan.
He was approved, and after playing the short-sale game he found a place that was a conventional sale and put a bid in the first day it was listed.
3-2, 1900+ sq. Ft. with a 3 car garage and RV parking in the neighborhood he wanted. I told him to be picky, and find what he wanted no matter how long it took. Settling for something less than what you want in this market is nuts.
I am so proud. I am also tickled to be able to start hauling all of his junk up there and start filling his garage and clear up some of my shop space.
FTB
I can tell you speaking from a Realtor standpoint, your Son has made a great decision and you have done a great job in raising him. Too many young people wait till they get too far into debt before they try to buy a home.
Someone else said right now is a great time to buy a home and they are right. It is going to be the young people that take advantage of all the carnage that is happing in the real estate market.
Tell your son congratulations and it is a great start to building a solid financial future.
Aaron Juarez

RHINOdan

RHINOdonkey
Oct 11, 2009
Congrates to your son in the purchase of his first home. Right now is the great tyme to invest into property.
I myself am 26 years of age and just got keys to my first house last Friday. Woohoo!! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000