Need Aftermarket XP Sway Bar

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
I broke 2 stock sway bars on my 2011 and now I have already broken 2 on the 2012. The vehicle is only used for racing, so I'm not concerned with having to fabricate mounts or modify the trailing arms. I'm open to anything. It needs to be bullet proof and preferably light weight.

I've seen a few from ITI Performance Motorsports, but nothing specific to the XP.

I've also seen the Cognito bar, but I'm concerned about weight with that one. Anyone have any first hand experience with that one?

thanks,
-brit

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
I broke 2 stock sway bars on my 2011 and now I have already broken 2 on the 2012. The vehicle is only used for racing, so I'm not concerned with having to fabricate mounts or modify the trailing arms. I'm open to anything. It needs to be bullet proof and preferably light weight.

I've seen a few from ITI Performance Motorsports, but nothing specific to the XP.

I've also seen the Cognito bar, but I'm concerned about weight with that one. Anyone have any first hand experience with that one?

thanks,
-brit
Brit ours have had no issues, but it is heavier than stock

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
Hey Brit I have the Cognito sway bar and it's a flawless product. Easy quick install and never have sway bar issues again. They also have a sway bar reinforcement kit or your trailing arm. Just ask Jim or Justin about it. You will need it. What happens with new sway bar is it's so strong now that the bolts will rip through the arm so they have a quick fix you weld onto your arm.

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Thanks, Casey. I remember seeing your trailing arms at Primm. That looks like a much needed upgrade, and the Cognito bar definitely looks up to the task.

I would like to see some other sway bar options if anything else is out there.

thanks,
-b

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
I am getting a weight on the Cognito bar shortly Brit. Our bar is the same stiffness as stock bar when the stock bar is new, and ours will stay same stiffness. The stock bar starts to get weaker shortly after new, and continues to do so until it finally breaks. If the stock bar did not get weaker, it would also warp the traing arm area where the end link bolts on. Since our bar does not weaken, we found the trailing arm sway bar end link mounting area needed some help, thus the weld on gusset Casey is talking about.

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Makes sense to me. Please let me know what you find out on the weight.

thanks,
-brit

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
Thanks, Casey. I remember seeing your trailing arms at Primm. That looks like a much needed upgrade, and the Cognito bar definitely looks up to the task.

I would like to see some other sway bar options if anything else is out there.

thanks,
-b
ok Brit, our bar weighs in at 14 lbs. I dont have a stocker to weigh, but i am guessing 5

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
ok Brit, our bar weighs in at 14 lbs. I dont have a stocker to weigh, but i am guessing 5
That's not too bad. I expected more than that.

I really appreciate you going to the trouble of getting a weight on it. I'll let you know if we decide to go with your sway bar.

Does it use the OEM mounts and bushings?

-b

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
That's not too bad. I expected more than that.

I really appreciate you going to the trouble of getting a weight on it. I'll let you know if we decide to go with your sway bar.

Does it use the OEM mounts and bushings?

-b
it is smaller in diameter than the stocker, so it comes with new bushings and locking collars

speedracer

Feb 20, 2010
check out rath racing they are one of the best when it comes to sway bars and in their setup you are able to change the bar for a different stiffness very similar to a iti sway bar

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
check out rath racing they are one of the best when it comes to sway bars and in their setup you are able to change the bar for a different stiffness very similar to a iti sway bar
Thanks for the suggestion. I sent them an email.

-b

JenniferRath

Sep 30, 2011
Thanks for the suggestion. Yes we have a Rath Sway bar using a true torsion bar technology. We have been building and designing torsion bar technology with our products for almost twenty years. Our torsion bar is machined out of a spring steel, a material designed to take flex similar to a spring on a coil shock.
One key features of our torsion bars is the ability to customize it to many different applications, we machine them in house and can build them in a variety of diameter (spring rate) giving the customer the best one for their type of riding style, from a stiffer spring rate for short course to a softer spring rate for rock climbing.
Check out ATV Racing Products - Rath Racing for more details. Or PM any questions.

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Thanks, Jennifer. That sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. I'm excited to get my hands on one of these and finally find a fix to an issue that's plagued most race-specific XP's. I'll be sure and post up some photos as soon as it arrives.

thanks,
-brit

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000