Need help deciding on first UTV!

R00st

Jun 7, 2015
I have ridden atvs my whole life and recently just sold my 60whp Raptor 700. I am buying a new house and need to be able to snowplow the long drive so decided to buy a UTV.

Aside from plowing the drive I won't be using it for any other utility type needs so I would prefer a sporty UTV so I don't get bored with it on the trails. We also go once a year put to little sahara sand dunes in utah so having more power is better.

I can honestly say I don't know much about side by sides so I am in the dark on where to start looking. I believe the older rzrs were not switchable 2wd\4wd, and automatically engaged 4x4, is this correct? I would definitely want the ability to choose between 2wd and 4wd.

My budget is about 10,000, which didn't go very far on a new unit. If I can get a new unit on sale with a decent Apr I will finance one, and could justify about 12,000. I saw arctic cats website is offering huge rebates on leftover new 2014's.how is the basic wildcat vs rzr or others? Is the basic wildcat the 700 motor? If so, I'm thinking that won't be fast enough for me since those are only about 50hp motors right?

I am also a bit lost on the rzr series and its evolvement. So the 88hp 900xp was only around for a couple of years right? Now it's detuned to 75hp because of the 1000? I considered a ranger but again think I wouldn't be happy with the lesser engine and shorter suspension travel.

Any information or insight would be greatly appreciated!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000