Can-Am NEW Commander Crew Cab, real-fake-homemade???

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
So more than a few people have now sent me these images. I have had 2 Photoshop experts inspect them and they have both confirmed this is not the work of a photoshop person. Question is, is Can-Am testing a new crew cab Commander and if so why are they at what looks to be a public location? Or, is this the work of a fabricator who chopped up 2 commanders to make this one of kind unit???

Let the discussion begin! I think it looks pretty cool especially if they do a proper mold on the lower rocker panel and maybe change the cage up a bit. That looks a little funky to me....

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
yeah hard to tell...doesnt look like a lot of leg room but neither does the RZR4 and it surprisingly has pretty good leg room? Who knows.... definitely the buzz on the net today!

I am going to try and get confirmation from Can-Am, not that I will be able to share necessarily but it seems weird knowing how tight lipped they were when we went out and tested the first commanders for them to have this in a public place? I think its the work of an outsider but who knows?

suicidejockey

LooseCannonUTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 13, 2009
Heber City, UT
I'm guessing home made. The piece behind and under the seats looks identical, other than one has the hole for the gas tank neck. I've been apart of a few home made rzrs before the rzr 4 came out and we could just order the replacement rocker and mold them together to look factory.

megonzo

Jan 25, 2011
Cedar City, UT
I'm guessing home made. The piece behind and under the seats looks identical, other than one has the hole for the gas tank neck. I've been apart of a few home made rzrs before the rzr 4 came out and we could just order the replacement rocker and mold them together to look factory.
Hubby, the Canned-ham owner (snicker, observed that it is a chopped ham. Looks like some very rich person with a lot of time on their hands got creative.

skunx

OG SXS Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 30, 2009
california
www.imgms.com
interesting.? didnt all of the can ams have welded tabs in the grab handle area also? im not sure but i remember seeing plates in some of them

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Jan 18, 2009
Shingle Springs, CA
www.UTVGuide.net
interesting.? didnt all of the can ams have welded tabs in the grab handle area also? im not sure but i remember seeing plates in some of them
Good catch. All of the production units came with the plate in that area. Someone would have to either cut that out (like I did on mine) or it is built from a pre-production Commander.

To me, this does not look like a photo chop. But it does look like a prototype that needs some refinement before production. Based on the results from our 2010 UTV of the Year voting, any manufacturer that ignores the 4 seat sport/utility market is not on top of its game.

LBR

LBR
Apr 9, 2009
Oregon
If you had built it or even if it was direct product from BRP, why wouldn't you take your picture of it full camera screen?...why from such a distance away other than not wanting peeps to see anything close-up? ..if I had built it,the pictures would have shown much more detail ....Lance

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

Ignore Amos

Jan 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
If you had built it or even if it was direct product from BRP, why wouldn't you take your picture of it full camera screen?...why from such a distance away other than not wanting peeps to see anything close-up? ..if I had built it,the pictures would have shown much more detail ....Lance

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys
It was taken from a cellphone by a fellow Commander owner down in Georgia at a ATV park... they post 3-4 other photos too.. hard to photo shop with consistency from 3-4 other angles..looks to be real.

He says they had a number of prototype BRP products there too...1000cc quad etc..like its not already easy enough for the quad-tards to kill themselves ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000