Arctic Cat Off to Test the WILDCAT......

SXS Machine

Importer, wholesaler,
If it has got twin 50's you'd think something else is seriously strangling the power out of that, one of the aftermarket upgrades I thought I had seen around for the prowler was aftermarket twin throttle bodies and its pretty much one of the first points of call I would think to extra ponies, would that not be true? That and enough air to mix them. :)

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
If it has got twin 50's you'd think something else is seriously strangling the power out of that, one of the aftermarket upgrades I thought I had seen around for the prowler was aftermarket twin throttle bodies and its pretty much one of the first points of call I would think to extra ponies, would that not be true? That and enough air to mix them. :)
I run twin 45mm throttle bodies on my H2 motor with Muzzy Dual Exhaust and a straight shot ram air intake. Got a couple other engine mods and it screams. I just dropped it back to a single TB, but once I get the ECU and fuel/air setup ready to go back in, it go back to twins.

Making the H2 motor breathe and exhaust are the keys to hp...

SXS Machine

Importer, wholesaler,
Sweet Darryl, this motor should be pumping way more ponies than it is, its tuned for rec, racing I would expect a figure just over the 100 with just the tb's and another 3-4 for exhaust at 110hp total. Certainly should be doing the XP for Torque bu monster amounts and HP at top

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
Hey Darryl, can you give me some information on websites and companies that have speed parts for this motor? I did a search yesterday, and couldnt find very much. Especially interested in clutching and ignition /controller mods. Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX

Darryl89

Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Hey Darryl, can you give me some information on websites and companies that have speed parts for this motor? I did a search yesterday, and couldnt find very much. Especially interested in clutching and ignition /controller mods. Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX
For clutching, I would recommend D & P Performance in Cedar City UT, talk to Dean.
D & P PERFORMANCE CEDAR CITY, UT (800) 842-5172

For internal engine mods, piston, head and cylinder work, call this company:
AFTER MIDNIGHT RACING

For fuel system controllers, we use Power Commander V for the V-twin (AT300 setup) with the Auto-Tune. Also works with M109r fuel injectors out of a Suzuki GSX which flow quite a bit more fuel (13lbs more per hour).

For exhaust, Muzzy is the best there is.

These engines like to breathe... install the second TB (with a cross-over equalization tube), put in the M109r injectors, hook up the PC-V with auto-tune (with dual O2 Sensors), get the heads ported and cleaned up, put Muzzy Duals on, install Dean's clutch rollers (he'll put together what works for your engine, car weight, etc) and then you better have his Spike Load Dampner Delete kit as well as good axles...then it will scream.

This past weekend, I ran my XTZ around the short course with several 4400 cars and a trophy truck.. Other than needing the shocks tuned and swaybars, it was holding it's own out there...

Speedwerx (Hot Seat Performance) has engine kits to increase the bore to 1100cc, they also have 11 to 1 and 12 to 1 compression piston kits. They have cam kits also that will help the breathing.

Hope this helps...

Darryl89

Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
I was told as of right now Only Speedwerx is working on products for the Wildcat...some of us are hoping we can get Muzzys involved on the power performance stuff as well!
Officially, Speedwerx usually gets the first goodies to work on, but After Midnight Racing has done a lot of work that will go right onto the H2. Remember, it's still the same basic motor internally.
It will be great to see Muzzy Exhaust develop a dual setup for the Wildcat, but that doesn't mean Muzzy Mufflers can't be installed onto custom built headpipes till then.

Dean at D&P knows what rollers and weights it takes to make the H2 clutching come alive, and as soon as the Wildcats hit dealers, I'm sure he will be on top of it.

As for the dual TB and Power Commander V with Auto-Tune, I bet you see a few of those on Wildcats within 6 months of them hitting the mainstream distribution.

The H2 has a lot of potential, I'm sure the aftermarket will rise to it. Just gotta wait for the WCs to hit the dealerships though. 224 will hit dealers in the Nov/Dec time-frame from what the dealer info that AC has sent out to dealers says.

Going to be exciting...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000