Official UTVUnderground 2015 Mint 400 Story | Photos | Results

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Yes Good write up. I like the part about Sims needing an exhaust and accidentally pulling it off the wrong RZR. I can imagine the look and surprise on your face when you walked back to it and saw parts missing. WTF! LOL!

Reactions: JoeyD23

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
BTW Joey I dont know who was more frustrated you or me, as we both were the first vehicles being stopped and held leaving the main pit in the morning, so they could parade all the cars to the starting line. I barely made it (Minutes) to pit A before the first 10 cars were coming though. I know the lady was doing here job and doing it well, but they needed to come up with a better solution then holding all the crews from leaving. Lucky for you they did let media sneak out, but I was held until the last vehicle left. The guy in the van between you & me was really hot and I thought he was going to start trouble. The guy behind me was cussing at me as he was wanting me to move so he could just go around.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
This past weekend was more fun than anyone should be allowed to have. Spending race weekends, or in this case race weeks with my friends and family is what its all about. There were a lot of special moments but the highlight for me was inviting Seth Quintero and his Dad Aaron and Mom Amy to Las Vegas as guests of The Mint 400 and UTVUnderground.

Seth was the winner of the Youth RZR 170 class at the UTV World Championship last month. I was inspired by the race and was so impressed with Seth's amazing personality that I wanted to really reward him and give him a taste of what it means to win and more importantly to be a professional. More importantly, I wanted to stoke him out!

During the week we intro'd Seth to some of the biggest names in the sport. He displayed his RZR 170 with us right on Fremont St. front and center and interacted with fans and sponsors alike. He was able to do multiple TV interviews and met some of his favorite racers and personalities. One of the coolest moments was captured as one of Seth's idols, Gregg Godfrey of Nitro Circus came by with Colbey from RedBull to hang out with Seth and talk to him. Seth ended up spending Dinner with us and Gregg at Guy Fieri's restaurant that night and got the full VIP treatment at the race the next day.

One of the cool moments was when Seth went up to talk to Rob Mac at contingency. He introduced himself and Rob said he recognized Seth and his race car from photos on Race-Dezert. Ronnie Renner, Dan McMillin, Bryce Menzies and many more of our friends took time out to meet and talk to Seth throughout the week.

It was a fantastic experience for him, I know his parents were also thrilled, but I want them to know that this was just as thrilling for me. I have a feeling we will be seeing lots of Seth well into the future. His personality and his talent as a driver will take him many places.

Thank you for coming to The Mint with us Seth!!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
BTW Joey I dont know who was more frustrated you or me, as we both were the first vehicles being stopped and held leaving the main pit in the morning, so they could parade all the cars to the starting line. I barely made it (Minutes) to pit A before the first 10 cars were coming though. I know the lady was doing here job and doing it well, but they needed to come up with a better solution then holding all the crews from leaving. Lucky for you they did let media sneak out, but I was held until the last vehicle left. The guy in the van between you & me was really hot and I thought he was going to start trouble. The guy behind me was cussing at me as he was wanting me to move so he could just go around.
Yeah she was doing her job but completely ignored my all access credentials and need to be at the start line to film the TV show. She really boned us on not getting any interviews in the start line. I got through but most of my crew did not. I was really pissed but understood she was doing her job. Martelli was screaming at us over the radio to get her name lol He was equally as pissed. You need to introduce yourself to me so I can recognize you next time! lol

jakecarver91

Nov 11, 2009
Great write up Joey! This race was a blast but it was also very brutal! Congrats to all of the teams that came out on top! We pushed out car too hard and ended up with issues. Nonetheless I am still happy we finished! Does anyone have the the lap times?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Well done Joey and Jake!

Awesome event! Like I said in person, I'm proud of just how far you have come since your days of epic trolling on RF's! haha

Johnny

UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Mesa Arizona
Thank You Joey and Mad Media for the Awesome Race, Killer Race Coverage and Polaris Industries for their sponsorship of the 2015 Polaris RZR Mint 400 .. Loved almost every minute of the Race ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000