Yamaha oil level ? for 04 R1

droptchevy

Twisted SR1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Dec 9, 2009
I filled up my r1 with oil for the first time and started it and after a few minutes i noticed my oil light came on and the oil level in the sight glass was empty. I shut it down immediately. The oil level came back up to the top line on the sight glass. Is the sight glass suppose to go down that far when the engine is running? I was going to add a little more oil to see if the light will stay off. I was reading on the internet and it shows a lot of guys saying it goes on and off during aggresive riding/cornering, but im just idling on a level surface. My engine was only at about 150 degrees when this happened.​

motogary2

The Blue Bomber - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 14, 2009
riverside ca
I filled up my r1 with oil for the first time and started it and after a few minutes i noticed my oil light came on and the oil level in the sight glass was empty. I shut it down immediately. The oil level came back up to the top line on the sight glass. Is the sight glass suppose to go down that far when the engine is running? I was going to add a little more oil to see if the light will stay off. I was reading on the internet and it shows a lot of guys saying it goes on and off during aggresive riding/cornering, but im just idling on a level surface. My engine was only at about 150 degrees when this happened.​
check the oil level with motor running

droptchevy

Twisted SR1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Dec 9, 2009
i drained the oil and changed the filter since i was planning on doing this anyway before my first trip. Added 3 quarts and ran it. Everything seems ok now, must have had something to do with it being a little low and it being the first start since being drained.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000