PCI SXS Busa Build

BEN@KNINE

Apr 2, 2013
Wow... I saw this car somewhere about a year, it turned out incredibly nice. I'm drooling over that dash.

JaYpEeYoOeSsAy

Figure that user name out! - UTVUnderground Approv
Dec 13, 2009
Thanks!
<O:p</O:p

Alright, so I finally got this thing out and can only say that despite my worry that the car would need a lot of fine tuning; it did surprisingly well. In fact, I did virtually nothing more than drive it and drive it hard. <O:p</O:p

The car is an absolute machine built for desert eating. I was worried about steering/handling and it handled amazing (got some minor bump steer to deal with which I knew I had). I was worried about suspension; it soaked up everything but obviously needs fine tuning. I was worried about gearing; that was perfect IMO as the car pulls through every gear and has zero issue getting short of 100mph while still feeling safe. I was worried about temp due to hiding everything in tin, the car kept perfect temp at all time on a warm weekend. Chain, brakes, clutch, etc. not a single issue. I must say I surprised myself as I drove 80-90 miles and didn’t touch a thing.<O:p</O:p

The two issues I did have was on occasion after a good ride my shifter would stiffen up. I think this is due to having the cable too close to the exhaust. So maybe wrapping it, or getting a thicker cable may help this. Second, I had a rear CV give out last day in the afternoon. This was due to a hub boot coming off, packing the CV full of dirt. I drove the crap out of it after this happen till it grenaded; and boy was it fun. I need to talk to Jason Weller or maybe someone on here that has sr1 midbores can help me with what you do to secure the hub boot with that tiny little flange that these hubs have.<O:p</O:p

All and all, I can say the shakedown was a success and cannot wait to drive it again. The car is scary fast and is way desert worthy which was my build intent. I have owned and driven various cars, buggies, turbo, v8, etc. and nothing has been as fun as this thing. I made a little video for you guys. I’m sorry that all I have is gopro footage; I’ll try to get some better angels and exterior footage next time. This is the first time I’ve made a video like this, so I hope it works out ok. Also, for some reason I was having trouble uploading in HD, so 480 is all you’ll get till I can figure it out.<O:p</O:p

Thank you for all your great comments, critique and advice throughout this build. This has been both a great mission with my son and a huge learning experience for me. I hope there’s more to come from PCI. Enjoy the video, it’s a little long, sorry...<O:p</O:p

[ame]http://youtu.be/TN50VpGgI2A[/ame]

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
Thanks!

Alright, so I finally got this thing out and can only say that despite my worry that the car would need a lot of fine tuning; it did surprisingly well. In fact, I did virtually nothing more than drive it and drive it hard. <O:p</O:p

The car is an absolute machine built for desert eating. I was worried about steering/handling and it handled amazing (got some minor bump steer to deal with which I knew I had). I was worried about suspension; it soaked up everything but obviously needs fine tuning. I was worried about gearing; that was perfect IMO as the car pulls through every gear and has zero issue getting short of 100mph while still feeling safe. I was worried about temp due to hiding everything in tin, the car kept perfect temp at all time on a warm weekend. Chain, brakes, clutch, etc. not a single issue. I must say I surprised myself as I drove 80-90 miles and didn’t touch a thing.<O:p</O:p

The two issues I did have was on occasion after a good ride my shifter would stiffen up. I think this is due to having the cable too close to the exhaust. So maybe wrapping it, or getting a thicker cable may help this. Second, I had a rear CV give out last day in the afternoon. This was due to a hub boot coming off, packing the CV full of dirt. I drove the crap out of it after this happen till it grenaded; and boy was it fun. I need to talk to Jason Weller or maybe someone on here that has sr1 midbores can help me with what you do to secure the hub boot with that tiny little flange that these hubs have.<O:p</O:p

All and all, I can say the shakedown was a success and cannot wait to drive it again. The car is scary fast and is way desert worthy which was my build intent. I have owned and driven various cars, buggies, turbo, v8, etc. and nothing has been as fun as this thing. I made a little video for you guys. I’m sorry that all I have is gopro footage; I’ll try to get some better angels and exterior footage next time. This is the first time I’ve made a video like this, so I hope it works out ok. Also, for some reason I was having trouble uploading in HD, so 480 is all you’ll get till I can figure it out.<O:p</O:p

Thank you for all your great comments, critique and advice throughout this build. This has been both a great mission with my son and a huge learning experience for me. I hope there’s more to come from PCI. Enjoy the video, it’s a little long, sorry...<O:p</O:p

http://youtu.be/TN50VpGgI2A

You have it set to private!

mosslager

Nov 4, 2009
Wow! You killed it John...also, for the record...because this is 1300cc's and not registered as a Rhino, doesn't that mean you can cruise around without a helmet when you choose to?

JaYpEeYoOeSsAy

Dec 13, 2009
Wow! You killed it John...also, for the record...because this is 1300cc's and not registered as a Rhino, doesn't that mean you can cruise around without a helmet when you choose to?
yes, but i felt a lot safer at high speeds with a helmet on...

Oc1

Apr 21, 2011
Thing turned out very nice. I'm jealous of your extra 300cc's but I wanted to be able to race mine. Hopefully I'll be testing this weekend and be as happy with mine as you are with yours. It was great build thread, thanks for keeping up the posts.

mosslager

Nov 4, 2009
yes, but i felt a lot safer at high speeds with a helmet on...
I mean for camp hopping not out riding... I picked up a couple skull caps to get me around when doing crap like geocaching with my nieces that aren't much more than a ball cap.... had to do something. I'd love to get pulled over and be like..."sorry sir...1300cc bitch".

JaYpEeYoOeSsAy

Dec 13, 2009
Thought I'd update... Been super busy as always, but managed to get my kid to tare it down and got it to the shop where it sat for 4 weeks before I could have my guys do it. Just the way it goes as the the business owner, customers were still first. Anyways had some time to shoot it last week and now its going back together after the gruelling task of de-riveting 200 dzus springs that we drilled out prior to pc and getting them back on The tabs. Here's a few pics so far...

JaYpEeYoOeSsAy

Dec 13, 2009
Ya, I hope... Lol... I'm about 2 weeks out on stuff at the shop, so I don't know when I'm going to have the time to finish everything else. May just have pay a guy to do it on a sat or do it myself...

mosslager

Nov 4, 2009
Almost sounds like your complaining about business being good.... Get your shit in one sock and put that erector set together. We gots dust to make.

JaYpEeYoOeSsAy

Dec 13, 2009
Not complaining about business as both of mine are doing great. Complaining about not having time to finish my car... LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000