Racer Tech’s Sam Yokley Wins Second Straight GNCC Single Seat Race in Polaris Ace

Andy@Racer Tech

Racer Tech - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jun 2, 2010
Holland, MI
Holland, MI (05/01/2016) – Racer Tech’s Sam Yokley won his second consecutive GNCC Single Seat SXS race at Camp Coker MX in Society Hill, SC. The win moves him into a mathematical tie for first in points. Fellow Racer Tech driver Christopher Hale netted a season-topping fourth-place finish, while Jesi Stracham was fifth.

Yokley was third off the start and then took the lead on the first lap in the track’s motocross section. From there he wasn’t seriously challenged.

“The car felt really good today,” said Yokley. “The Racer Tech components cleared everything. It’s been great so far and I hope the rest of the season goes just as smooth. The track had a little bit of everything. It had the tight technical woods sections and the wide-open motocross sections. It was a lot of fun.”

Stracham, fresh off her first Single Seat podium, drove her specially built Polaris to her second top-five finish of the season and moves to fourth in points. Stracham is paralyzed from the waist down and drives a Racer Tech machine specially fitted with hand controls.

“To run in the top five is always great,” said Stracham. “The track was unbelievable. It had every different surface: roots, rocks, dark mud, sand; it had everything. My Racer Tech Polaris ACE just hooked up. I had the advantage with my hand controls. We’re really getting it dialed in.

“This season has been phenomenal,” added Stracham. “Our goal was to get this car on the box and we did that. Andy from Racer Tech really got my program together this year. We’re out there having a blast.”

Racer Tech’s Christopher Hale recorded a season best fourth place finish less than three seconds behind Robert Boynton claiming the final spot on the podium. Boynton is also running Racer Tech components on his Polaris ACE, and he is currently tied for the points lead with Sam Yokley heading into the second half of the season.

Yokley, Hale and Stracham will be back up front in the GNCC John Penton May 28-29 at Sunday Creek Raceway in Millfield, OH.

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
Andy how many cars have you been getting for the Single seat class ? Now that it went to 900ccs' I can see it growing pretty fast. How about you ?

Andy@Racer Tech

Racer Tech - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jun 2, 2010
Holland, MI
Last year is was only 5-7 but this year it's 10-12 at least each round. It seems like it's growing a little bit each race too. Some UTV guys are starting to run the Ace's in the morning for fun or to warm up. We definitely see this class growing. Polaris is investing in it and it really is pretty cheap to get in to compared to UTV's.

And you're right. Now that we have the 900 motor it's become MUCH more fun and competitive.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000