Yamaha Rhino Steering Wheel Adapter

Offroadmaniac

Mar 11, 2013
Haslet, TX
www.offroadmaniac.com
I have a 2012 700 and have been having a heck of a time trying to install an after market steering wheel. The adapters say they fit all Rhinos but do not. After returning two adapters that were no name adapters to an ebay seller, I figured that Yamaha golf carts and Rhinos are different even though everyone stated they are the same. I finally ordered the expensive adapter from Yamaha that was supposed to fit a 2012 and after waiting forever for a backorder, it did not fit either. After researching with the parts guy at my local dealer, we found that they changed the shaft in 2009 and no one seemed to notice. Now I'm stuck with a super sweet steering wheel and it looks like I will never be able to install it. I just cannot believe that no one has not installed a new wheel on a 2009 or up Rhino so if any of you have, please let me know where you found an adapter that fit.
Thanks,
Tim

TREE68

too tall for the rzr
Aug 15, 2011
so cal
buy a 2008 rhino and put your steering wheel, the adapter, and your blue plastics on it. :eek:

jk, man i know this sucks. maybe you can get the 5/8 weld on quick release adapter. you will have to weld it onto your steering stem, and it will take the 3 hole, or 6 hole steering wheels. they are on amazon. i installed one in my jeep.

mssandslinger

Rhino Parts & Performance - Official UTVUndergroun
Oct 18, 2009
AZ
What kind of wheel are you trying to install? The Grant adapters did make a change later on in the rhinos because there was a lip on the adapter that hit in the later years. Besides that the splines are all the same

Offroadmaniac

Mar 11, 2013
Haslet, TX
www.offroadmaniac.com
What kind of wheel are you trying to install? The Grant adapters did make a change later on in the rhinos because there was a lip on the adapter that hit in the later years. Besides that the splines are all the same
Sorry Bro but the splines are way different on size (unless my 2012 is on of a kind). I am wanting to install a standard 6 bolt wheel which most aftermarket wheels are and all adapters for 6 bolt match up fine for the wheel, its the shaft that just isn't right. the splines are bigger and there is a taper below the splines.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000