Rugged Radios Race Rhino Build

RuggedRadios

Official UTVUnderground Communications Sponsor
Jan 20, 2009
Arroyo Grande, CA
www.ruggedradios.com
Hey guys - so youve seen the Boss's 660 Play Rhino build - 4 seat SDR bed delete cage and front bumper, 6 Baja Designs HIDs, Magnum 6 over LT kit, Black Rhino Performance parts, Twisted Stitch seats, Rugged intercom and 2 way radio, etc.

Well anyway - we had a 2006 Rhino 450 we picked up as our first rhino before we got the 660, so its been sitting. Weve decided to turn it into a race rhino for myself and Seth the other tech here to race in all the organization UTV races and have fun at Pismo with.

First order of business - TEAR DOWN! Heres how it sits now, Im going to be tearing down a bit more after work tonight.

Twisted Stitch got us another set of their awesome VORTEX seats with our logo in the headrest, and of course we race in style so they have seat heaters :banana:

Ill be headed to Bakersfield in the morning to pick up a 700 FI motor for it, so more updates then!

RuggedRadios

Jan 20, 2009
Arroyo Grande, CA
www.ruggedradios.com
Got some torn off of it, gonna finish up tomorrow at 5 or 6am. Just need to remove exhaust, drain oil/coolant and unbolt driveshafts, then it should come out!

More updates tomorrow - Im going to bed! Been up since 3am, drove down to get the rhino, back to the shop, worked til 6, grabbed dinner and back til now!

As far as the rest of it - Chromoly race cage, 12 gal fuel cell, race intercom and radio, GPS, LED/HIDs, pumper system, etc. Oh ya, and rumor has it that this one may be getting the best suspension out there - MAGNUM +6 LT!

The 'main' purpose of this guy will be a sand toy to take to Pismo every weekend, but we would like to race some M4SX and SCORE/BITD stuff with it. It will be fully race legal.

We would have loved to do an SV1000, R1, VMAX or some other large motor into it, but dont want to lay out the cash to do a gearbox and all that.

RuggedRadios

Jan 20, 2009
Arroyo Grande, CA
www.ruggedradios.com
Hell yeah Matt!!!!!

I cant wait to see this thing progress......and I did hear that rumor and it loooks to not only be a rumor but fact!!!! Got to love the Magnum LT!!! I cant wait to see the rest of this build!!!!
WAT WAT!!! :eek::D:D:D:cool:

WOOOOOT!

Joey get with Danny about the Sand Sports show too! Its gonna be a big ole UTVUG PARTAYYYYYYYYY! :D

UTV Mayhem

UTVMayhem DVD Series - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 26, 2009
i heard magnum placed #1 2 and 3 at M4SX last weekend, oh wait, my bad, that was XMF..LOL just messin around! borrrrred!!!!:D
come on dano, lets see some magnum cars racing!!!! ill drive it if you need, or atleast teach you how... JK

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
just havent put focus into racing. Their customers came to them wanting play cars and they had play cars. Dan and Mike never were into racing but as of recently have gotten more into it and have decided to put a little focus into deciding what they want to do to approach the race market.

UTV Mayhem

Feb 26, 2009
just havent put focus into racing. Their customers came to them wanting play cars and they had play cars. Dan and Mike never were into racing but as of recently have gotten more into it and have decided to put a little focus into deciding what they want to do to approach the race market.
its great advertising!!!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
it is. And gives instant credibility for the most part. XMF probably wouldnt be as big as they are now without the support they have given and recieved in racing. Magnum has already become a big player in the SXS custom build market. People that work with them know that everything they touch is first class so going into racign will only propel them further.

But suspension design and suspension in general is only one small piece to the racing pie. I would tell you the most important piece is prep. Chassis saftey and design, motor, and reliability of the entire car come way before suspension in my opinion. In desert it plays a larger roll but in today's more popular short courses not many suspensions are the reason guys are winning. It usually boils down to HP and Prep with a LOT OF LUCK!!!!

UTV Mayhem

Feb 26, 2009
it is. And gives instant credibility for the most part. XMF probably wouldnt be as big as they are now without the support they have given and recieved in racing. Magnum has already become a big player in the SXS custom build market. People that work with them know that everything they touch is first class so going into racign will only propel them further.

But suspension design and suspension in general is only one small piece to the racing pie. I would tell you the most important piece is prep. Chassis saftey and design, motor, and reliability of the entire car come way before suspension in my opinion. In desert it plays a larger roll but in today's more popular short courses not many suspensions are the reason guys are winning. It usually boils down to HP and Prep with a LOT OF LUCK!!!!
races are won or lost in the corners, the ones that turn usually win, that the most important thing about susp for short course IMO you see how fast rj corners that xmf rzr?

MAGNUM OFFROAD

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor & Founder
i heard magnum placed #1 2 and 3 at M4SX last weekend, oh wait, my bad, that was XMF..LOL just messin around! borrrrred!!!!:D
come on dano, lets see some magnum cars racing!!!! ill drive it if you need, or atleast teach you how... JK
Check you out Blake, XMF definitley got their money's worth with you! :D Truth is we haven't felt any need to pursue the race scene. Luckily business has been great without it, and we really do have more fun building customers products and cars then winning races. On the other hand we have been approached recently by a couple talented racers and look forward to helping them get the most out of their SXS's. I'll tell you what, we can race this weekend if you'd like! But only if you show me how to drive first (all in good fun buddy)!!!

Sorry your thread got off topic Matt, we're really excited to be able to provide the suspension for the new Rugged car!!! Thank you for the opportunity.

UTV Mayhem

Feb 26, 2009
Check you out Blake, XMF definitley got their money's worth with you! :D Truth is we haven't felt any need to pursue the race scene. Luckily business has been great without it, and we really do have more fun building customers products and cars then winning races. On the other hand we have been approached recently by a couple talented racers and look forward to helping them get the most out of their SXS's. I'll tell you what, we can race this weekend if you'd like! But only if you show me how to drive first (all in good fun buddy)!!!

Sorry your thread got off topic Matt, we're really excited to be able to provide the suspension for the new Rugged car!!! Thank you for the opportunity.
done deal, racin for beers then!!..LOL but in all seriousness lets film some stuff this weekend, im sure we can do something cool for your website or somethin... sorry for the hijack matt!!!:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000