SAE Mini Baja Competition

UTVUGJake

Feb 11, 2013
Anyone familiar with the SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) MiniBaja competition? Its an international design and racing competition for teams from universities all over the world. I competed a couple of the years I was at the University of AZ and it was incredibly educational and formative.

You are given an engine ("engine" here is a briggs and stratton lawn mower special), roll cage guidelines, and a few other guidelines such as must fit in the back of a truck. The student teams come up with a ground up build that is judged from a design standpoint and then endurance raced.

I always though it was cool that the competition was sponsored by Polaris and many of the designs on students cars were eerily similar to what made it into many of the production rzrs eventually. We had a three link set up just like the XPs everyone knows:D

Anyway I wasn't really going anywhere with this, just curious if any former MiniBaja peeps made it into the UTV world?

Here are some pictures my old team posted on facebook that spurred this walk down memory lane. 59 is the last car I had anything (very little) to do with:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000