SCORE/BITD Contender

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
It was the only way in our eyes to maintain cv joint integrity at the level our driver drives at. Hell, he was passing class 7 and 8 trucks before the 50 mile marker at this years Baja 500. Knowing his driving skills and habits, we over-suspended the car, and are still addressing many of small issues with the car. We are hoping to have a bullet-proof chassis by years end.

Last edited:

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Super sano build, can't wait to see it in action next moth in Reno :cool:
Thanks for all your support guys. Your UHMW bash plates rock! I was very impressed how you matched our sample we sent. The front one with the tight offsetting bends, that is. Is the material you use dyed? It seems that I remember using UHMW (polyethylene?) for low-friction wear strips in the past. It was approved by the health department for food service applications. It was dense, smooth, white and can be easily machined. Same stuff? Is it bent with a heated-type process, or cold in a press brake?

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Thanks for all your support guys. Your UHMW bash plates rock! I was very impressed how you matched our sample we sent. The front one with the tight offsetting bends, that is. Is the material you use dyed? It seems that I remember using UHMW (polyethylene?) for low-friction wear strips in the past. It was approved by the health department for food service applications. It was dense, smooth, white and can be easily machined. Same stuff? Is it bent with a heated-type process, or cold in a press brake?
its recycled UHMW and most bend it with a press brake.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000