So..

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
So, I debated on posting this but today I got a huge brake check, maybe it will help some of you put things into perspective like it did me;

Wake up late
Truck doesnt want to start cause the starter is going out so I roll it down the hill and bump start.
Get to work barley on time insted of 20 minutes early because of the above, which I hate.
Work PC displays the blue screen of death so I have to break out the antique laptop which is a PITA compared to using a regular PC plus now I have to wait for a new tower, another PITA.
One mechanic calls in sick. PITA
Another mechanic broke an oil hub cap replacing a tire on a trailer yesterday that was supposed to go out first thing this morning and theres none in stock so they commence to swapping out equipment and trailers, more PITA.
Get a call one of our trucks at a satellite yard ran over a sewer lid access hook, that the driver left laying on the ground doing a pretrip, thats one $500 new & $250 recap tires to replace plus labor and my tire buget is tight already.
Attend staff meeting, always a PITA.
Theres more but you get the point, all this is before 8AM so Im getting pretty grouchy at this point.

Come back to my office and see the head of IT standing there with a (Miracle) new tower but a grim look on his face, "Can you crawl under your desk and pull the wires, I can no longer do this task."

Little more discussion and it turns out that this man who I have worked with for 10 years, admire for his talents, knowledge, and forward thinking, and is only 3 years older than me (I'm 47) just found out has a tumor the size of a grapefruit growing around his heart and the chances of survivng the surgery (next Tuesday btw) to remove it are remote, either way he retires at 5:00pm so we basically said goodbye today.

I havent read anything else on the net today and Im not going to, all my concerns and complaints are petty in comparison as it turns out my day started out awsome.

Pray for my friend, we are nothing without our health.

See you at the races.
Doug.

RhinoMaster

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor - Black Rhino Perf
Pray for my friend, we are nothing without our health.
Amen. It's just too bad that we often don't realize it until it about just about gone. Your friend is in my thoughts.

I've had a couple of tragic events in my life not long ago. It made me realize just how important family and friends are.

mssandslinger

Rhino Parts & Performance - Official UTVUndergroun
Oct 18, 2009
AZ
Oh wow! i top my hat off to you for keeping it together, and ill pray for your friend.

LSRGreg

#877 SR1 UTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 26, 2009
Sorry to hear about all the mishaps! My prayers are definitely with your friend! Look on the bright side, you just got delt a ton of crap in one morning, so you should be good for a while! It will all be good from here on out!

G-

Craig

Oct 7, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Wow, sorry to hear this, Hope all turns out ok for him. This is the type of stuff that will make you go home and give your wife and kids the biggest huggs and kisses.

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
I'm sorry to hear that, Doug......and I agree with you. Sometimes it's good to just unplug from all of this online crap and think about the things that are really important.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000