Sponsorships

Big Guy

Havasu Racer
Jun 16, 2009
lake havasu city
Hey guys without sounding like an idiot, how do you go about getting sponsered??? I am new to racing so I dont have a huge resume I love racing and would love the opportunity to be able to race more often but lack of cash makes it tough. It seems like if your not in the utv industry its easy to get overlooked. I built my own RZR I even built my own LT kit I feel I have the knowledge to keep my car competitive and to get it to the finishline, I would love the opportunity to team up with somebody and do the whole BITD series next year. Any advice?? Thanks guys

Last edited by a moderator:

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Re: Sponserships

I truly believe that sponsorships come from the people you meet and interact with. They are IMO impossible to obtain without knowing the person in charge. Attend races, interact with the people who run the businesses, dont be afraid to introduce yourself, keep up with the small talk and you'll start seeing things come your way. Dont expect anything to happen, because even the small stuff you may get, should be repected just as much as a full ride. Nobody HAS to give you anything. Just remember, you gotta earn it.

Reactions: 1 person

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009

First ask yourself, "Why would anyone want to sponsor me?", then build a resume that points to your racing achievements and how that will benefit a potential sponsor. Winning is the key and winning in front of people is even more key.

If/when you do get a sponsor(s) your going to be expected to name drop and promote the product/service. Don't expect everything for free and don't take on something your not going to promote.

Get used to the word "no" cause your going to hear it many, many times. Keep pushing forward and as stated below, if you network and develope partnerships at the track that can turn into race support.

Good Luck!

Mike L

Kawasaki Kult Grand Wizard - We HATE Dem Bears
Feb 11, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.lashermotorsports.com

something to also consider is that racing and sponsorships is not always about winning to sponsors. it's about marketability. Look at Robby Gordon in NASCAR, the guy never has a shot at running up front but because of his"rebel" attitude he pulls in some big bucks. at the end of the day the sponsor wants the best bang for his buck and that is getting their product in front of as many people as possible. if you can play the magazine circuit, tv shows, public appearances, shows and more this will all help when you put your media package together.

It's also going to be hard because like me you race desert and there just arn't that many fans on the course at a BITD race so your exposure at the race is very limited compared to LOORS or TORC.

Custom Creations

Pretty In Pink #1931 Teryx - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 9, 2009

Great advice from everyone.. also remember to think of the people who are not directly related to racing, your hometown business wanting to sponsor their "hometown Hero Racer" so the community can relate with you. You will be amazed of the sponsorship you can get from your community. Work with your local newspaper, encourage locals to attend races...
Enjoy racing...:eek:

c&c rhino

UTVUnderground SXS Tech - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 18, 2009
lake elsinore, ca

not being a dick but its " sponsorships " definately use spell check on anything you send to potential sponsors. misspelled words just look bad.

Big Guy

Havasu Racer
Jun 16, 2009
lake havasu city

not being a dick but its " sponsorships " definately use spell check on anything you send to potential sponsors. misspelled words just look bad.
I know I am not a good speller Welding class was more important to me in school. I allways have my wife proof read all of my important letters.

AzBdBy

Arizona Bad Boy - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 3, 2009
Phoenix
metalrhino.com
Good advice. Like was said earlier don't expect everything for free. There is not much money in UTV racing. Be honest with people. Don't be a poser or a punk. No business wants that kind of rep. Winning always helps, but is difficult without the proper equipment to begin with. You may have to pony up to start out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000