Yamaha SR1 Bolt Size?

cfyca

Jun 7, 2011
I bought a used SR1 Weller kit and there is a definite difference in the bolt size on the front mounts? The Weller kit I have seems to be made for a bolt maybe 1/8"-3/16" bigger than the stock size.. Is this normal?
In order to use the Weller kit the way it is now, I would have to drill out the motor mounts and either tap them, or just through bolt them. I don't necessarily like this option as it would leave the motor mount tab pretty thin and I am about 90% sure it would eventually crack. The next option is cutting off the spacer on the Weller mount and making a new one with a smaller hole so the stock-size bolt fits snugly in there. I don't know about this option, as the smaller bolt doesn't have the strength that the larger one does and I am worried about the bolt sheering.

I put a call into Weller but got VM, so I figured I would try the forum.. Thanks for any help/advice you guys can offer!

Weller Racing

I Make Things Go Fast - Official UTVUnderground Sp
Aug 21, 2009
Chandler, AZ
www.wellerracing.com
I bought a used SR1 Weller kit and there is a definite difference in the bolt size on the front mounts? The Weller kit I have seems to be made for a bolt maybe 1/8"-3/16" bigger than the stock size.. Is this normal?
In order to use the Weller kit the way it is now, I would have to drill out the motor mounts and either tap them, or just through bolt them. I don't necessarily like this option as it would leave the motor mount tab pretty thin and I am about 90% sure it would eventually crack. The next option is cutting off the spacer on the Weller mount and making a new one with a smaller hole so the stock-size bolt fits snugly in there. I don't know about this option, as the smaller bolt doesn't have the strength that the larger one does and I am worried about the bolt sheering.

I put a call into Weller but got VM, so I figured I would try the forum.. Thanks for any help/advice you guys can offer!
Hey Cody, Give me a call at the shop 480-507-4771. If I don't answer leave a message and I will call you back.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000