Turbo or n.a. For new car build score and bitd?

Never happy

Jun 25, 2013
If it were me i would scoop up an already built NA car for pennies on the dollar and go have fun racing until it all gets sorted out then build my race car when the landscape is a bit more stable.
This is definitely the smartest route for sure seeing how things are going in the classes! Just don't want to throw money at a used car now and take it till there's no return on it...based on the reason somebody's already realized it capabilities are limited...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
I'd buy a salvaged NA car and build it if you want custom .....your own ideas. The worst case scenario is you retrofit a turbo drive train in your dream car. It won't be long you'll find plenty of turbos wrecked for sale. No reason to buy a showroom car and throw away most of the parts...imo. Everything you need can buy for $6-7k salvaged.

kornfed

May 13, 2015
Costa Mesa
www.tetraracing.com
I was where you are 1 year ago. I bought an NA car and then a Turbo car. Through some very weird circumstances we ended up racing the NA car at the SF 250 and somehow won the NA class. Here is the thing, SCORE NA UTV does not get a lot of love, but it is a lot of fun. It is also a great place to learn. All of the NA guys in SCORE are grassroots guys and just banging it out. You have the top NA cars also racing in the Turbo class. After racing against the Turbo cars at SF, they are faster, but if you have a well set up NA car, you can do pretty well overall. We are going to continue in the NA class for a bit to get our SHIT together and then move to Turbo or Class 10 next year.

I would really recommend buying a complete NA car from someone that has raced it and knows all the issues. Get your team set up and do a lot of testing. Then get a solid builder that you can work with and trust and make a great platform. Race a couple of races and then decide what you want to do in 2017.

Just get out there and race...

Last edited:
Reactions: Never happy

Never happy

Jun 25, 2013
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458262206.273925.jpg
I was at San Felipe helping these guys... They entered their NA car in turbo hoping for a higher car count (bigger purse) they ended up 3rd turbo and 3rd oa... And this car is for sale by the way! Their finishing new car. I was at magnum today discussing the new car and I believe that I'm going to go na for now and do a transplant when class rules get opened up ... If that happens.

kornfed

May 13, 2015
Costa Mesa
www.tetraracing.com
View attachment 12879
I was at San Felipe helping these guys... They entered their NA car in turbo hoping for a higher car count (bigger purse) they ended up 3rd turbo and 3rd oa... And this car is for sale by the way! Their finishing new car. I was at magnum today discussing the new car and I believe that I'm going to go na for now and do a transplant when class rules get opened up ... If that happens.

Exactly... This is the best way to go in my opinion. You know the car, the builder and it is fully sorted. Winner...!

Racerx1994

Sep 25, 2015
As it states, I'm trying to make an educated decision before starting a new build. Currently looking at thads roller chassis or magnums new desert car. Where do you racers see the class going? Will there be an NA class in the next year? I know cognito is killing it in his NA car right now but I've heard he has a turbo in the works also. I'm sure these have been asked before but I'm trying for the most current thoughts before pulling the trigger on the donor car! Thanks in advance.....

please call Scott Livernash he has the answer 253 307 4281

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000