What brand of lighting?

What lights do you run?

• Total voters

SoCal

I'm a Toy Haulin Hooligan - UTVUnderground Approve
Jan 16, 2009
Orange Ca.
I started out with 4 PIAA's on the bumper but they kept drawing the battery down so a friend donated 2 rectangle Acros. I like them but wish they were floods and not spots. Very sweet self contained light with a very nice installation kit (wiring).

Baja Designs

Official UTVUnderground Lighting Sponsor
Jan 22, 2009
www.bajadesigns.com
KJSmith84 - This is a cool idea for a thread and I like seeing people responses! Hopefully as the Underground continues to grow we will get a bigger group to survey. Keep the votes coming guys!

I will refrain from voting because I am sure everyone can guess my vote :D

KJSmith84

Banned Por Vida
Jan 15, 2009
somewhere up my own ...
KJSmith84 - This is a cool idea for a thread and I like seeing people responses! Hopefully as the Underground continues to grow we will get a bigger group to survey. Keep the votes coming guys!

I will refrain from voting because I am sure everyone can guess my vote :D
Yeah I have been wanting to do testing with lights for a while now and Nick beat me to it with the light bar shoot out.
So I want to gather info like this and compare the lights that most people use.

I am glad a vendor of a lighting company appreciates the thread. Hopefully when I get my car back we can do some testing. I want to get together with some guys and do desert testing at night riding. Put them in different cars and drive them and get every ones personal experience and then have a detailed write up on all the lights from all the drivers.

Alot of light look good on paper but the real test is trying them in real life situations from different non bias people.

So here in a month or so I might be contacting most of the top lighting companies to see if they will lend some product for testing and then returned.
I want to do all differnt models too. Different sizes, hids, led, halogens. I just dont want to test the best high dollars lights but make a solution for every application and budget.

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
Why test halogens? Dim and too draw too much power (unless someone out there knows something different)

KJSmith84

Banned Por Vida
Jan 15, 2009
somewhere up my own ...
for a dousher he did good

whats the non bias comment though??????????
I don’t want any shops or any sponsored riders doing any of the testing.
I want this to be a completely honest write up and testing. Not saying any of the testing before wasn’t because it was a good write up. I would like to get about 4-5 rhinos and drivers together and do testing with switching cars- testing pros and cons of light output, range, patterns, draw, etc. So this is why I wouldn’t like someone that has any connection with the lighting company so answers will be far. Make since?

Maybe a night run at the dunes and maybe something local here in the desert.
If anyone is interested in helping me set this up-please contact me. When I have more details I will be trying to locate different light configurations or contacting the lighting manufactures to make this all happen.
Dorian if you could help on this one again that would be awesome since you have some knowledge from the last testing with the led bars.

The main reason I like testing is because it doesnt lie. Facts are facts and are not just statements without any backup. Joining the band wagon because the cool guys are doing it or its the latest trend is not my style. Thats why I dont like being a white sheep; like alot are.

Last edited:

Double Trouble Hooks

Dorian's My Name, Pimpin DTH's is my Game - UTVUnd
Jan 15, 2009
good reply Kyle, I took it a little personally. Yeah I think the E won due to pure numbers but posted both lights are intense and up to choice as well. Both shops sell my shit so i felt no biased or my numbers could drop LOL

As for helping on this, anything I can do YOU let me know and I will be there for you guys. This really is a great thread as I cant afford an LED and had to settle for cheaper HID.

Let me know Kyle..

KJSmith84

Banned Por Vida
Jan 15, 2009
somewhere up my own ...
good reply Kyle, I took it a little personally. Yeah I think the E won due to pure numbers but posted both lights are intense and up to choice as well. Both shops sell my shit so i felt no biased or my numbers could drop LOL

As for helping on this, anything I can do YOU let me know and I will be there for you guys. This really is a great thread as I cant afford an LED and had to settle for cheaper HID.

Let me know Kyle..
cool - yeah I wasnt trying to point any fingers at anyone on that because I thought you guys did a killer job. I just want to test some more.

So maybe I will start another thread once this one gets a little bigger to see what the most popular lights are and what everyone would like to see compared and tested.

Reactions: 1 person

BrianAshby1

SilverBulletXP4 Sucka!
Feb 22, 2009
Menifee, CA
I just put two 7 inch kragens on my bumper, and I do have to say I am impressed with there performance!!

They have a nice beam pattern and are super bright, for the price they are a very good light. If I had money to through around and was really super serious about night rides, I would go with the new 6inch Baja Designs... but for the price these two lights will get my drunk ass through the night no problem!!!

J.T.

Terror-X #1 in my mind
Jan 16, 2009
VIsalia Ca.
I am running 2 Kragen 4" HID's and will be running probably 4 more in the Future, I would like to think that I could step these up to Bajadesigns in the end but Bang for the buck you can't beat the Kragens, Now if I was actually Racing or competing at all in any type of event that required a Quality solid depenable Light I would not have purchased the kragens and went with the Baja Designs,

Hapa

Ricky Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Oc
www.glamisdunesstorage.com
On my new build I only wanted the best lights. I ride at night alot, so I went with the E-series 40inch on top and the 10 inch amber e-series on the front bumper:D Rigid for me!

On my Baja bike I run the Soltek single HID 8inch I think it is.

kingck5

Bad Habits - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
pomona cali
damn whats going on alot hostility in the underground black$heep and dan know hapa and joey sweet.battle of the builds and power

SoCal

I'm a Toy Haulin Hooligan - UTVUnderground Approve
Jan 16, 2009
Orange Ca.
I just put two 7 inch kragens on my bumper, and I do have to say I am impressed with there performance!!

They have a nice beam pattern and are super bright, for the price they are a very good light. If I had money to through around and was really super serious about night rides, I would go with the new 6inch Baja Designs... but for the price these two lights will get my drunk ass through the night no problem!!!
Well I dont know about you but all the light made wouldn't help my drunk ass on the midnight drunk runs :cool: I always seem to aim for the wrong one when seeing double. ;)

BrianAshby1

SilverBulletXP4 Sucka!
Feb 22, 2009
Menifee, CA
Well I dont know about you but all the light made wouldn't help my drunk ass on the midnight drunk runs :cool: I always seem to aim for the wrong one when seeing double. ;)

haha well normally if i am seeing double is when i make sure the only trips i make are back and fourth from the camp fire to the bush to pee!!! that drunk no drive for me!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000