Who has the most advanced race UTV???

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Mavericks because they have Turbos?

Who ever builds a Honda Pioneer 1000 for racing because of paddle shifting?

Just stirring the pot here, look forward to some real answers from people in the industry.

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
Honda pioneer with some engine work and long travel could be fun to watch.

Who has most Advanced ? Hell I have no idea ... never even seen any of these builds in person.

ironworks

Jan 18, 2010
As far as desert builds, they are all going to be quite similar due to stock pick up points. Some guys might have fuel controllers or stand alone ecu'a but nothing crazy like trophy trucks

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
They are all superior and advanced from where they came from Golf Carts, rhinos Race UTV LMAO.

Johnny

UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Mesa Arizona
Joey are you not asking what team currently has built the most advanced UTV for racing ?

IE Cognito
Jagged
Bush Racing
ectect

Reactions: JoeyD23

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
They are all the same polaris car except one team runs fox internal bypass and others don't. Its the team that prep the most and has one hell of a driver to run fast and keep the Polaris together. I would say can am but stock sucks, maybe there new 2016 will do better in stock form.

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
alot of the machines are standardized. most have the same suspension builds, nearly identical shocks, similar frame builds. the exceptions are the interior layouts and accessories. you see a car with bare bones minimum frill and no fancy gadgets like Sims, being extremely competitive and fast. you see johnny with a stripped down light weight car that flies. you see S3 with a sleek car and a new turbo machine. thats almost all stock doing very well too. i myself think Burnetts 1905 is a trick car. Carbon fiber dash with all the same wiring and gauges you see in a trophy truck. alot of custom one off parts make his machine look cool and set it apart from the standards. there are quite a few cars with beautiful tin work from big name builders. but being that they are all pretty much held to certain constraints, they are all extremely alike. for wild, i think Lanskys maverick is one of the farthest from stock looking. the suspension is way wilder than stock. the body looks more like a buggy than a maverick. not sure about the inner logistics, but the tin work is nice on it too.

Johnny

UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Mesa Arizona
I think its amazing what people dont see ! or the things people do to throw other teams off track ..I think some people would be amazed at the things we have tried or tested or might even still run .. of course I wont tell joey the answer to his question and I would guess he probably already knows .. Id love to spill beans but some people look at a car and see tubes and sheet metal ...

Reactions: JoeyD23

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
i have seen cars with pumpers plumbed in thru the inner frame tubes to save weight and several other tricks similar to that. i have seen alot of inner workings in several teams and everyone is looking for an edge and a way to save weight and go faster than the other guy.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
IMO the most advanced Race UTV has not been seen in public yet, but it is the RedLands / Motive Engineering car. This car is very thought out and is very out of the box thinking compared to what you see out there right now. There are custom parts so deep in this car that most will never see or know about.

The other two cars that are racing and come to mind are the GlazzKraft car, and the Jimco. The GlazzKraft car is all 100% custom and does not use off-the shelf or modified off the shelf suspension components. They are also using a lot of carbon fiber parts. The Jimco while not the lightest car, and it using a off the shelf suspension kit, the chassis design is by far the best in strength & design. You wont find dead end tubes on this chassis. This chassis was also built to take a nerf or hard hit. Jimco does not want their customers to be a casualty, as many would be in some of the other chassis we see out there.

And I agree with Johnny, most don't look past the body work or some tubes to see what is really going on under there. Roberto Balderama 1090 car while the chassis looks funky, there is way more going on under all that. Just look at the wheels and lug pattern and you will see he is doing things way different.

But also many times these radical builds don't have success and are changed, or were just ahead of there time and come back out later in a refined design which then becomes the best latest & greatest part.

motive

Jan 12, 2014
Pleasant Grove, UT
As far as cars already racing I would give it to Holz car. The black and orange one with the front shocks on the lower arms. Glasscraft has some very well though out features that are missed by many. Jagged's car is so simple that most people don't see some of the changes they have made. They did a very good job of making their car look close to factory as possible which helps the belief that the UTV class is the working mans class.

There are some other cars that are very militaristic that have no issues hanging in the front of the pack. There are a few cars that aren't as trick as everyone thinks they are. Some with bad tube placement, dead end tubes, poor shock ratios but are still able to pull respectable finishes. This is a sign that this class has so much room to grow and get faster as better engineering and build quality come into play. Such as the Waynes Jimco built car. Nothing I have seen on it blows my mind but a very well thought out package.

Rockstargirls unlimited class RZR is sporting some air bumpstops which add to cool factor. I believe the unlimited class has HUGE potential to lay down some impressive average speeds for the class but no one has maximized the potential as written in the rules.

Overall there is a huge spread of cars in the class and as fun as it is to check out the latest builds, it is just as impressive to witness some drivers abilities to dominate with nothing more than bolt on components. So who would be the best driver if everyone was given an identical car? I'm sure prep would still play into those results as well!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000