Will 1 pit crew work for VtoR

noceros

Jan 22, 2011
Folsom Ca.
Will 1 pit crew work for vegas to reno, or will the race car out run the crew. I figure we'll have to gas at every pit. Also does anybody know what time the awards meeting is. Thanks Rich

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
I pit crew last year for Cognito and stopping at every pit will require 2 crews and near the end you will need to rely on baja pits for fuel. We ran 2 trucks for pit last year. We are going to run one this year but we have a much larger fuel tank this time.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
I have raced V2R and also pitted a few cars at V2R, but never a UTV. I can say you should have at least 2 crews. They will need to leap frog to stay with the race car. Also remember if you are needing a crew at every pit then your whole race is dependent on that one crew. What happens if they run into traffic? Have a mechanical issue? Heck I have seen and been blocked in the pits before. It might take a few minutes to locate the driver of the truck blocking you, and get them to move so you can get out.

Keep the race on the course and not in the pits and highways. Have at minimum two chase trucks.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
I pit crew last year for Cognito and stopping at every pit will require 2 crews and near the end you will need to rely on baja pits for fuel. We ran 2 trucks for pit last year. We are going to run one this year but we have a much larger fuel tank this time.
Some of the pits were only 30 RM's apart last year, I doubt it would be necessary for you to hit every one. Last year we ran 2 crews as casey mentioned, both crews hit every pit up until about pit 10. After 10 it will get tricky

jaggedx

Jagged X - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jan 14, 2010
www.jaggedx.com
If you need fuel at every pit you definately can not do it with 1 truck. At least two and you will have to skip rawhide (remote pit)

If you caould go over 100 miles on fuel you might be able to do it with one truck but your race car is going to feel pretty alone in a couple spots.

1910RLEARD

Sep 28, 2010
I THINK IT MIGHT BE WISE TO INSTALL AT LEAST A 12 GALLONS FUEL CELL IN YOUR RACE CAR.. YOU NEED TO BE ABLE TO GO 100 MILES ON A TANK.. I TRIED TO DO V2R IN '09 WITH ONE CHASE TRUCK AND THEY GOT TO EVERY PIT JUST IN TIME, BUT THEY DID NOT HAVE A BREAK AND WERE EXHAUSTED.. REMEMBER THAT WAS WITH A 800 RZR AVERAGING AROUND 30MPH.. NOW THE XP ARE AVG 40-42MPH.. WE ARE BRINGING THREE THIS YEAR..

Hey guys- long time lurker- first time poster...

I chased 2 bikes (324 and 014) last year, and we needed 3 crews in order to maintain independence from any Pit organizations. We leapfrogged all of the pits until we hit pit 7. The crew that went to pit 7 broke off and headed straight to remote pit 13. The other two continued the leapfrog effort through 8-12 and 14-15.

the crew that goes to pit 13 will go straight to the finish, and no, they wont get there in time to watch the vehicle cross the finish (assuming all goes well, anyway).

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Does BITD have Baja pits or are they only in SCORE?We use them in Baja, even if we dont have a scheduled stop with them we give them spares and fuel.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000