WORCS #6 Washougal WA

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
No Practice at this event. This will be a busy weekend with bikes running Friday and part of Saturday, UTVs have been moved to Sunday right before the PRO ATV main. Should be a fun race.

Note: Sean from WORCS has been impressed with our numbers this season, he is exploring ideas about adding a race or time to our race for more track time next year. You CA racers if you miss this WA round, dont be shy about approaching him at Glen Helen or Adelanto and letting him know how you would feel about additional track time or races..

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
Dave, I have thought about this alot... I agree with both of your ideas. 2 motos would be great. One Sat and one Sunday or both one day.. not sure. But I like the idea of 2 races for us.

I think the parade lap would be great. I honestly dont think its out of the question. 90% of the quad riders ride multipule class or enter the "un classified" class in order to get a peek at the course. This is something we could ask Sean about. I feel it would could be considered a saftey issue also, There have been some scetchy sections that would be nice for us to see before we are actually racing through them..

SGM4Life

Oct 29, 2009
Valencia,Ca
I know my best friend that wrenches for pro riders says that Washougal is the best track on the motocross circuit! Anyways that should be really cool to race with a utv.

SomeGuyFromOlympia

Aug 4, 2011
I haven't done THIS (WORCS) event, but have attended SxS events there before.

I'm going to guess that the course will be close to the same that was used in the past.

in the past the whole National MX track was used
most of the ridge was used (trails)
the infield was used the in the past
and the parking area that is used for the Natl' events are used
(large fields with a marked course)

fun and fast we had a stock RZR and we were on the rev limiter in the straits!!!

I think it was 3-5 mile loops?? It was soooo muddy then, I wouldn't even try to think the odometer would be half right

Todd
your ride is looking good, I see you got some graphics since I saw you at the Olympia round last year

(and he won that round FYI)

Lucias

Jul 21, 2011
Will someone please buy my sled so I can come play.. I want to come race this series. Looks like a lot of fun!! Good luck to everyone and take lots of pictures.

Apr 11, 2011
Santa Clarita
Just got back from Washougal, man that was a rough track not what I expected. The motocross track was ok, but no practice so noone was flyin off stuff, super tacky black clay type dirt, off road sectin was like a rain forest super narrow and rough..I now have alot more respect for those gncc guys I see on tv. They also used an open grass field, and that was the best looked kinda of boring but that was the best part of the corse just pin it and rip super wide

SomeGuyFromOlympia

Aug 4, 2011
Rght on!!

sounds like they used a track layout like of like the event that I went to.

I know it was fast enough for my RZR to use the rev limiter in spots!!!

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
Hey Dave, Sorry I didnt make the connection to the site here and you at the track... I realized after I was on here yesterday. Anyways, Glad you made the trip up to race.

I agree with Dave's track report. That was the roughest track ever. Olympia last year was a blast. This was brutal. Had some issues, wrong turn, hit a tree and tipped over.. But ended with a win and the points lead. Good car count. Class one out numbered class 2 again. Awesome. I really want to join those guys, they have been having some awesome races. Plus I just want an XP :)

Apr 11, 2011
Santa Clarita
Yea I saw you mixing it up with us in the flat hills we were all ripping. i had a good lead going on the last lap about 3 1/2 minutes on second and was cruzin in for the checkers when I came up to a slow rzr..I let him know I was there and backed off knowing he had no where to go, then suddenly he pulled off the corse giving me alot of room I had my right wheels about a foot into the weeds and hit a log or something and snapped my rack I could barely drive it and came to the bridge and decided to stop or risk getting stuck on the bridge and blocking the whole corse..in hine sight I should have just blocked the corse and got my win LOL.

hotrod44d

Apr 10, 2011
idaho
Wow!! The course was very challenging! I walked part of the track the night before but did not prepare me for the tight, technical, border line brutal course.. my hats off to those that competed..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000