WORCS Havasu????

fyrfly6

Oct 25, 2009
Salt Lake
I should be there with the rhino if I can be up and running this weekend. Had some problems in Primm that I need to fix first.

RZRS EDGE BILL

Cuttin' Up The Desert! - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 24, 2009
Anyone coming to Havasu on Mar. 20th for the WORCS race??? Im planning on racing.

Whats up Jeff, tell me about the course, were still waiting on some parts though that could be a possibility.....

AZCourt

AZ's Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
It's a a sandy whooped out island. As rough as it gets. Lots of turns, couple jumps, and did I mention the whoops! More like moguls or just big damn holes by the end of the day when utvs race.

Big Guy

Havasu Racer
Jun 16, 2009
lake havasu city
It's a a sandy whooped out island. As rough as it gets. Lots of turns, couple jumps, and did I mention the whoops! More like moguls or just big damn holes by the end of the day when utvs race.
I dont know if you were there last year but they graded right before our race and it was a lot better then the year before and a lot more fun then the whiplash race there. Bill the course is a couple miles long the race is 45 min, it is a combination of short course and desert the course is definatly one of a kind it has a beach section that runs along the lake. They have practice on fri where you get an opportunity to run the top section of the course which is where the motocross section is. The costs are as follows $10 for transponder rental ($150 deposite) weekend race pass $10, $55 for entry fee $25 each for weekend gate fee camping is $10 a nite. Practice is usually $25 or so. Last year I think there were 17 utvs in our class. you can go onto the WORCS website for more info. Hope to see you there.

AZCourt

Feb 11, 2009
All I can say is WOW. What a fun race that was. It was rough, whooped, nice jumps, deep ruts, and a whole bunch of turning.
I believe 17 started. 3 in class 1. There was Mark Holz, Justin and a gsxr 750 powered rhino. Class 2 was 7 rzrs and one rhino. The rhino got the hole shot. Class 3 was 5 rhinos and a prowler 650. I was in class 3.

The classes start 1 min apart

I managed to make it into turn 1 in 2nd place. Stayed there until first pulled away and third was right on my bumper the second lap so I moved over and let him by. Third lap the guy by let by was gone? I caught the rzrs and started picking them off. Finally about the 4th lap couldn't get around one clean so I looked for anyone else in my class. No one in sight so i just stuck on the bumper of the rzr in front of me and waited for a mistake. He didn't make any!

Finally the start of the last lap Holz caught me and I was determined to keep him in sight. I let him by in a wide spot and stuck to his bumper. Finally the two rzrs in front let Holz by and I just stuck with him and made the passes also. Thanks for the tow Mark!

Mark checked out the last few turns but I was determined to put down a good lap time and like a moron ended up on my side 5 FEET from the finish. Yes 5 FEET. That cost me a position in the overall as it took about 30 to 45 seconds for them to flip me over. Still got 2nd in class 3 and 4th overall.

Damn good time. Thanks to XMF as my suspension soaked up the whoops like they were nothing and took the jumps in stride. Thanks to Justin for letting me borrow his 686 as my motor is still in pieces. Thanks to Kelly at Pdm for building that motor. Thanks to 2x Motorsports for all the parts support. We couldnt do it without all you guys. And last but not least, thanks UTV underground for supporting the UTV scene and racing so much!!!

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
Great job!! I raced that course last year in my Rhino when it was still a Weller 800cc! Really tight turns and a lot of work to go fast! Not a lot of places to pass - I remember "knocking on a few doors" last year to get around people who just weren't aware of the train behind them!

How come Greg Row was DQ'd in UTV 3? Just noticed that!

Congrats again - great job!!

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
I created a huge back up at the scoring chute bc I couldn't make the tight turns and I believe it was Greg who cut the course to get around.

AZCourt

Feb 11, 2009
Yep, apparently not allowed to pass at scoring. Yellow flag waving there.
It was the most fun I have had since that first round of M4SX over a year ago. I like finishing second from first better than second from last. Need to wear earplugs next time, my ears are still ringing.

BOBONTHIS

#64 PRO UTVUNDERGROUND RACER - UTVUnderground Appr
Jan 27, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Great Job Court. Congrates my friend. Great job as well Justin & all the other racers.

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
I created a huge back up at the scoring chute bc I couldn't make the tight turns and I believe it was Greg who cut the course to get around.
Ohhhhh dang - yep, that'll get you DQ'd real quick! I can't believe they had you guys go through that scoring chute - it's tight even for quads....I think last year they had us bypass it somewhat.....

AZCourt

Feb 11, 2009
Came home dirty

Now all cleaned up and ready for the next race! Plled the rear suspension and greased it all up, replaced a torn CV boot, tightened everything up.

Thanks everyone for the kind words!!

Big Guy

Havasu Racer
Jun 16, 2009
lake havasu city
Great job!! I raced that course last year in my Rhino when it was still a Weller 800cc! Really tight turns and a lot of work to go fast! Not a lot of places to pass - I remember "knocking on a few doors" last year to get around people who just weren't aware of the train behind them!

How come Greg Row was DQ'd in UTV 3? Just noticed that!

Congrats again - great job!!
He got DQ'd because there was a car that was high centered in the scoring area and instead of waiting in line he cut the course and went around, unfortunatly I followed him before I realized what was going on. I stopped and went to back up and get back in line and when I did I got high centered.... nobodys fault but mine I was watching the guy in front of me instead of paying attention. But before that happened I was having a great race I was running in third place and waiting for the last few laps to make a move for second. I was over driving my car on the second to last lap and was catching 5th and 6th when I rolled it over in a corner, again my fault....... All in all it was a good weekend compared to last year I was catching and passing guys instead of being passed. I really want to thank my sposores, Pit Bull tires, they sent me a set of growlers for this race and they were hooking up and turning awesome in the corners. Makin Trax Suspension, Steve has been a great help with my shocks he sent me a set of progressive springs that also made a huge difference off the jumps and in the corners. I also want to thank Rockstar Customz, unfortunatly the owner Erick rolled over in one of the corners and broke his arm.

Big Guy

Havasu Racer
Jun 16, 2009
lake havasu city
All I can say is WOW. What a fun race that was. It was rough, whooped, nice jumps, deep ruts, and a whole bunch of turning.
I believe 17 started. 3 in class 1. There was Mark Holz, Justin and a gsxr 750 powered rhino. Class 2 was 7 rzrs and one rhino. The rhino got the hole shot. Class 3 was 5 rhinos and a prowler 650. I was in class 3.

The classes start 1 min apart

I managed to make it into turn 1 in 2nd place. Stayed there until first pulled away and third was right on my bumper the second lap so I moved over and let him by. Third lap the guy by let by was gone? I caught the rzrs and started picking them off. Finally about the 4th lap couldn't get around one clean so I looked for anyone else in my class. No one in sight so i just stuck on the bumper of the rzr in front of me and waited for a mistake. He didn't make any!

Finally the start of the last lap Holz caught me and I was determined to keep him in sight. I let him by in a wide spot and stuck to his bumper. Finally the two rzrs in front let Holz by and I just stuck with him and made the passes also. Thanks for the tow Mark!

Mark checked out the last few turns but I was determined to put down a good lap time and like a moron ended up on my side 5 FEET from the finish. Yes 5 FEET. That cost me a position in the overall as it took about 30 to 45 seconds for them to flip me over. Still got 2nd in class 3 and 4th overall.

Damn good time. Thanks to XMF as my suspension soaked up the whoops like they were nothing and took the jumps in stride. Thanks to Justin for letting me borrow his 686 as my motor is still in pieces. Thanks to Kelly at Pdm for building that motor. Thanks to 2x Motorsports for all the parts support. We couldnt do it without all you guys. And last but not least, thanks UTV underground for supporting the UTV scene and racing so much!!!
Hey Court there are some good pics on atvriders.com they have a picture at the finish of you on your side.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000