WORCS Pala

Matt Martelli - CEO

Mad Media
Staff member
Jun 17, 2013
madmedia.com
70 cars - great track - great racing! I have to give props to the WORCS guys, they put on a great event! I predict big things to come for this series. If you want to try racing UTVs this is the series. I was wanted to be racing rather than shooting!

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
I agree that WORCS is a great series, you just have to have large cojones to hit the big jumps they have on their tracks.... and if you don't have the $ to make the power, you're coming up short :eek: So for that reason I have stayed away... I did race the sportsman class twice and had a blast, but realized unless I was ready to dump some $$$ or my purse, I couldn't compete with the big boys :rolleyes: Big props to those guys that can and do, makes for exciting racing to watch.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I agree that WORCS is a great series, you just have to have large cojones to hit the big jumps they have on their tracks.... and if you don't have the $ to make the power, you're coming up short :eek: So for that reason I have stayed away... I did race the sportsman class twice and had a blast, but realized unless I was ready to dump some $$$ or my purse, I couldn't compete with the big boys :rolleyes: Big props to those guys that can and do, makes for exciting racing to watch.
I agree with the cajones part, but for me it was containing my cajones lol I overshot 2 jumps like a dummy and could have ended my race. As for the motor part, while I do agree that a built motor is going to give you an advantage guys like Ryan Piplic prove that you don't need a big built motor to be fast, competitive and go for a win.

Goodtimes

Jan 17, 2009
Ramona
Agreed, the top 2 in the XP900 Pro production class, Nick Granlund and Ryan Piplick both run stock motors. The track was cool it had some detailed motocross and some BITD style racing. Congrats to the 70 + UTV guys that came out and put on a great show. For WORCS, it just keeps getting bigger and Better!
I cant wait to see the footage from you guys at Mad Media. you were all over the track, I mean every where I turned my head there you guys were.

Last edited:

skunx

OG SXS Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 30, 2009
california
www.imgms.com
The track was awesome at pala, i wish i wouldn't have used up my car during practice though.. oh well part of racing and trying to be out front. the turnout was awesome and worcs offers top notch courses that are unmatched..

nottoli

Apr 24, 2013
The WORCS series has proven to offer both short track and some off-road flavor in a 50 minute moto format.....for some of us this is ideal as we don't have the desert resources or crew to support but want some desert type running.....but be careful what you wish for as this past weekend the off-road portion was challenging and brutal.
With respect to juevos............yes there are BIG motors and lots of air but we race sportsman/production 1000 (back of the packer) and have really enjoyed watching Prod Class 1000 Car #14, female driver consistently race and finish all races and laps in what appears to be an entirely stock XP with roof, doors a slip on exhaust and beadlocks. Now standing we think 3rd in Class points!!!!! Proving WORCS can be done affordably. We are hoping Sean @ WORCS may even consider for next year a Sportsman only class for those of us not caring about points or standings. This is our first year racing WORCS and we encourage all to give it a try if you can.......you don't always need to launch the double.....just get to the other side.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
WORC's can be done on a budget. There are several guys out there with a small budget. This racing is more about being consistant and finishing every race.

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
x2 on what BigJim said, Don't be discouraged by the guys with sponsored motors.
There are plenty of cars out there now that no matter where you are you will have someone to race with. If you want to run up front and do not want to spend $$.. check out the 700 or 800 class

nottoli

Apr 24, 2013
For what it is worth here is what we have learned this year:

1. Don't overbuild the car, save the money for travel and a race prep/maint program.

2. If in need of stuff, support the suppliers/vendors that support and are often present at WORCS races....as in our case we often get help if we have a reasonably simple issue from those whose products we use. This is key if you do not travel with a maintenance posse.

3. Do not overlook the smaller cc classes......we have an XP so logically it was our car of choice, but the small cc classes are as formidable if not more competitive than the larger classes.......if we had to do it all over again......my weapon of choice would be a rzr 570.

4. Put a governor on or 2x4 under your gas pedal.....speed breaks things......we have learned this year the hard way this often applies to a WORCS course: REMEMBER- Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.

5. Race as much in the sportsman class as you can.....this gives you a chance to follow and learn from the smaller cc classes that have proven to have some of the most technically capable drivers in the series......sportsman and 850 below classes run prior to Production and Pro 1000 classes, so this also gives you a chance to watch Amateur and Pro races as well........

6. Initially race easy: It can be cool in the back........it has been rumored the back-off-the-packers often stop along the course to enjoy a margarita and group pic.

7. Don't take it to seriously at first........enjoy the spectacle

Not sure if this helps..........

Car Owner: Wife
Crew Chief: Dog
Driver: Husband

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
WORCS Series is one of the best series around down here in SoCal. Im pissed off that I missed a race so close to home.I can't wait to see the Mad Media video soon.

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
After racing almost 3 years of WORCS SxS. RZR 800 and RZR XP, I would have to agree with everything Steve just posted. Great post

These cars are very capable with minor mods , seats, wheels n tires, cage , bumpers .

Tim Shelman is a long time friend of mine and its great to see him taking over. Expect great things from him.

Dirty

DIRTY iPhone Photog / Lucas Oil - UTVUnderground A
Feb 27, 2009
Murrieta CA
Props to WORCS on a successful event. Wow a staggering 70 UTV entries that's pretty Bad Azz. UTV racing is on the rise with 40 Utv entries at the So Cal Regional on the same day. Again many props to Sean and his crew at WORCS for putting on a great show.

Reactions: 1 person

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
UTV's Have been on the rise and you promoters are doing a damn good job! Polaris way to keep everybody in the game. 110 UTVs racing with in 30 miles of each other in So Cal this past weekend!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000