WTF, my cash was not good for a business transaction today.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
so i stopped by a business today and went to purchase something. this is not a small little business, they sell things worldwide and some of thier stuff is very expensive. They made an invoice and told me how much it was, so i reached into my wallet and pulled out cash and handed it to him. he then tells me he does not have any change and i WILL have to go get the exact amount or pay with a card. the change amounted to $37, nothing too big. So i say fine i will just go purchase the same thing at another business and we left.

WTF!!!! is cash a thing of the past? i am i crazy to want to pay with cash?

El Kido

Aug 29, 2011
Corona, CA
Maybe a horrible or lazy rep. Sometimes its also they do not like to take cash because they do not have a safe way/proper way to handle it.

Sucks but has happened a few times with me. I pay card mostly but sometimes ill sell something, have cash and wana buy but i cant

rhinoadick

Mar 1, 2010
so i stopped by a business today and went to purchase something. this is not a small little business, they sell things worldwide and some of thier stuff is very expensive. They made an invoice and told me how much it was, so i reached into my wallet and pulled out cash and handed it to him. he then tells me he does not have any change and i WILL have to go get the exact amount or pay with a card. the change amounted to $37, nothing too big. So i say fine i will just go purchase the same thing at another business and we left.

WTF!!!! is cash a thing of the past? i am i crazy to want to pay with cash?
same thing happened to me on the fight to hawaii.Only credit cards excepted,so you can pay even more for those over priced drinks.!total bushie!

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
You just should've given him what you had, taken the merchandise, then beat the $37 change out of his a$$ and left. It'll be the last time he doesn't have "correct" change!!!:D

I'm JK of course. Welcome to the new world of consumer finance. My son and I stopped at the Del Taco on 62nd and 86 at the ARCO coming back from the Little Rubicon. We dumped then went to get something to eat and they don't take ATM cards!!! I had zero cash in my pocket and we were hungry.

Del Taco is a major food chain and they don't take plastic? I was extremely bummed, let the girl behind the counter know along with everyone in the restaurant, even the CHP and Border Patrol. I then told her I knew it wasn't her policy, and left. I won't be back.

The reason they don't take it? Because the banks decided to up the rate they charge the business to process the transaction after the card holders screamed about the $5 a month charge for having the ATM card. Seems we get screwed either way, and now you're scaring the hell out of me saying cash isn't good either!!!!!

I guess it's time to start carrying the ol' Ruger Blackhawk around. They'll honor that I bet!!!
:eek:

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
You just should've given him what you had, taken the merchandise, then beat the $37 change out of his a$$ and left. It'll be the last time he doesn't have "correct" change!!!:D

I'm JK of course. Welcome to the new world of consumer finance. My son and I stopped at the Del Taco on 62nd and 86 at the ARCO coming back from the Little Rubicon. We dumped then went to get something to eat and they don't take ATM cards!!! I had zero cash in my pocket and we were hungry.

Del Taco is a major food chain and they don't take plastic? I was extremely bummed, let the girl behind the counter know along with everyone in the restaurant, even the CHP and Border Patrol. I then told her I knew it wasn't her policy, and left. I won't be back.

The reason they don't take it? Because the banks decided to up the rate they charge the business to process the transaction after the card holders screamed about the $5 a month charge for having the ATM card. Seems we get screwed either way, and now you're scaring the hell out of me saying cash isn't good either!!!!!

I guess it's time to start carrying the ol' Ruger Blackhawk around. They'll honor that I bet!!!:eek:
THE DEL TACO IN EL CENTRO, BY WHERE WE USED TO LIVE, TAKES PLASTIC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000