XL edition 10" longer

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
well i finally finished the XL edition came out bad ass. we ended up making it 10" longer than a stock xp. My goal was to make it look like it came off polaris assemble line. The frame was the easiest part the rest alot of work just so many small things driveshaft,water lines,wiring harness seats, plastic plus how to cut it to make it look good. We ended up tossing the stock fuel tank and building a aluminum 10 gallon tank. i placed that behind seat on the floor. plus made a storage container right above fuel tank to fill area. Lowered the triple xxx seats and put them on sliders. Complete chrommoly cage with aluminum roof plus 30" light bar and turn signals. Plus ssv overhead radio. Suspension all repowder coated. walker evan shocks re-sprung and needle valves installed. utv inc stiffner plates for pick up on arms and there rocker switches and panels. pro armor doors lenghthen 10" and re paneled. full wrap on XL edition. the best part Queen motor built just like our race car.I wll tell you it will roast those big horns on asphalt easy. thanks mark.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Looks good! Did you leave the seats in the stock location?

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
well this weekend i went out and put some miles on the car. all i can say is holly crap. walker evans needle valves and re spring and re valve is amazing. i hit stuff harder and faster then ever and not once did it bottom out plus it never jarred me never bucked me once. those shocks are amazing. i had to mess with clutch alot but got it dialed in. I have the k&n air box system on it but it is pretty restrictive have to run with out lid. maybe works with stock motor but not right box for built motor just doesn't have the volume. summer bros axle work great but xp900 cv exploded now i see why everyone puts 570 cv on. But not me turner cycle axles is the only way to go. they just warrantied both sets of our race axles out no cost. 2 year unlimited warranty and they stand by it. i will only by there axles.

Oc1

Apr 21, 2011
Great job. It looks like it could be factory. Have you thought about adding a little more cage?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000