XP 1000's burning to the ground

GOVACHO

Nov 8, 2011
Riverssippi
Well im glad everyone will be ok...
Hell I just stared caring extra fuel in my 800 and its always running through my mind if its getting to hot back there of if there leaking.. Hell its even race fuel I carry for it...lol...

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Well im glad everyone will be ok...
Hell I just stared caring extra fuel in my 800 and its always running through my mind if its getting to hot back there of if there leaking.. Hell its even race fuel I carry for it...lol...
KABOOOOMMMMM !!!

merha82

merha
Apr 15, 2012
Colorado
It is crazy, who hasn't carried extra gas in the back of there UTV from time to time….. wonder if its static electricity or gas leaking……

Andy

Maverick - UTVUnderground Approved
Dec 2, 2013
Buena Park, Calif
It's not just SXS either. Been 3 rails I know of since end of last season. 1 Maverick behind Osborne overlook the weekend befor Halloween, a RZR on Vetrans weekend, 2 more confirmed over Thanks Giving. Those sre just the ones in Glamis that I know of.

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
The problem is the cans are over a hot engine so if there is a leak it's in the worst possible position. A vendor needs to come out with a can we can use in a better location. There are so many stupid gas can laws now though getting it approved might be too hard.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Regarding the XP1K 4 that burnt up. This was posted buy the owner on the RZR forum.

"Ok now that I've had time to get home n unpack I'll she'd some light on the whole thing. The gas can was empty that was in the back. The fuel had gone into one of the rails. That was the reason they were back there. Enough said on that. It was a freak accident n I'll probably never know what happen. All I know is my buddy's son got the worst of it. Weather it was my fault for having empty cans with maybe a little gas left I don't know. All I know Is my friends son got hurt and my heart goes out to him. I fully take responsibility for everything and anything. Secondly he will be fine no skin Grafts needed but he's still in pain n still will need time to recover. I've known his dad since I was a baby and this kills me. Not only cuz he's my friend but being a dad n being human. To everyone that helped thank you and to all those that made some bullsh!t comments or stood and took pics to post up glad it wasn't u in that situation. To all those who wish him well I will let him know."
Todd,

I know your really down but don't be so hard on yourself. Shit happens, and he's going to pull through. Lesson learned and I'm positive you won't let this happen again. The heat in those beds is incredible. I have a lock box in mine and thought it was a good place to keep stuff. Well it is if you don't want it cold or melted. My guess is the vapor heated, expanded and that's what caused the flash. Good on ya' for doing what you could, and again, he'll be alright, so be nice to yourself, I'm sure he and his family know you didn't do it deliberately.

I wish the little man a speedy recovery and hope this doesn't scare him off riding off road.

Dan ...

Reactions: 1 person

dev's rzr

Jan 7, 2011
glandora ca
ONE THING THAT I DID WITH MY 800 WAS TOO PUT A OIL DRIP PAN AND HEAT INSLATION IN BETWEEN TO BED AND THE PAN
AND HAS WORKED WELL SO FOR

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000