Pala Raceway Spring GP UTV Race Pictures & Results

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
they were saying they would be planning the rounds the week following Lucas Oil races? Not sure if it conflicts with BITD or not? One thing is for sure is there is something for every type of car. The desert cars will do great in the mountain type terrain and the short course cars will rip on the MX style track!! They will be widening the track, doing more rock clearing, and increasing the MX track allowing for better jumps and sweeping corners.

RHINOdan

RHINOdonkey
Oct 11, 2009

WHOA! Shannon are you staring @ a rock upside down? That rock looks huge. Is it a dinosaurs egg? :confused: :p Hope you and your ride are ok brotha!

YIKES! :eek:

Looks like Taylor was rippin on the track! Whats up wit that Fatrod in the background? Look like it wants to race? ;)

How did Mike V's old R1 do?

Great photo guys! I keep kickin myself in the @$$ for missin this race!

scmo777

Jan 20, 2009
Brawley, CA
Just to add what peeps have been saying, a HUGE Thanks goes out to PALA Raceway, Joey @ UTVUNDERGROUND, Dan @OFFROADSWAPMEET, Jose @ SUMMERSBROTHERS for a great event.
I also need to thank a few people personally for the weekend, Dan Fernandez for letting my nephew Marcus (lil'mo) barrow his kids 90, after his motorcycle blew his topend, it allowed him to race and for a young'in he has not stop talking about it since. and Pat and Shannon from Wagon Burners for lending me tools and stuff to work on the toys.
Keith the roll bar held up great and only damage was the aluminum and the wheel, (all easily repairable).
To all the guys in the stock class it was blast to run with all of you, Congrats to MOTOMEDIC for the win, hopefully you will be out there again. And luke from Wagon burners we had some great racing, Stealth a passenger definately makes for an anchor but I know you had agreat time.

Congrats to all the winners in all of the other classes, Hope to be able to return for the next race.:D

Rhino dan you missed it man, you would have loved it, and yes that rock was huge and that it what turned me over.:eek::eek:

MAGNUM OFFROAD

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor & Founder
What a blast!!! Thanks Pala, Off-Road Swapmeet, and Summers Brothers for a great event, and thanks Joey D for some AWESOME coverage!

Coming into the GP we knew all 3 of our cars would be underpowered compared to the competition, so we basically entered just to have a little fun. Thanks to the competitive nature of Bill Hogan in his Magnum / Voltage RZR-S we were able to take the top spot in the modified class. GREAT WORK BILL!!!

Carlos in his 660 Rhino managed to work his way through the pack and was running 3rd in the second to final lap when one of his brand new wheels decided to part ways with his Rhino. :( Great driving Los!

Our stock class driver Nina LeMay put on a great show before suffering defeat by the dreaded Pala boulders late in the race. Thanks Nina, and I have a new OEM rear arm for ya!

Lot's of awesome cars, and alot of great driving. What a show!!!

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
That was definitely a rock that machined down the rim. Happened to me last race and almost again yesterday. I'm going to step up to 14's!

Great pics guys! Looked like fun!

Hammertime

Mar 15, 2010
Great job Brent Fouch! I've been to 2 Grand Prix's this year as a spectator and saw you take 1st Place in both ( Lake Elsinore GP and Pala GP). Any plans for racing desert?

That was an amazing race to watch! Good job to all who participated.

Reactions: 1 person

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
Here's my story for the 1st ROUND @ PALA RACEWAY!

SLOW AND STEADY FINISHES THE RACE!!!

Wake up Saturday morning and take the kids for a practice run on the AMA TRACK.Tested the Rhino and everything was OK!!

1:30:
My boy is on the line with 4 other QUAD RACERS and some MINI MX bikes.
#96 DAYTONA FERNANDEZ.

This was his first race and he tore it up coming in 2nd in the quad class.

GREAT WORK DAYTONA!! I WANT MORE POWER LIKE A PIPE
said "DAYTONA"

3:30
All the SXS'S lined up for 1 Practice lap. I made it to the short course part and was driving melow.There went my SPINDLE,"SNAP"It was a matter of time with the same original spindles! Now I'm thinking I'm out of this race but I knew I brought all the parts I needed to fix this problem! I lost a spindle & tore the threads on the front drivers side AXEL. I left the car and ran TREVOR SMITH "AKA"747 INK down and he brought his truck with all the tools to fix it! We had 45 min before the RACE starts, TREVOR said no problem.Thanks to big moe for getting the other parts I needed..

747 INK Kept me in this race, I cant thank Trevor enough thanks bud!!!
I finished but not sure of what place I was in, I know alot of people went out!

Maybe 2nd or 3rd in the AMA class.

Over all the weekend was great and I'm glad to see all the people support and bring back the old days!!

SEE YOU GUYS @ ROUND # 2

Daniel Fernandez: Team Offroadswapmeet #45
Sponsors: UTVunderground #1,747 INK, SUMMERS BROTERS RACING,
PITBULL TIRES,DWT WHEELS. Thanks GUY'S..

Last edited:

floyd

Red, White, and Teryx - UTVUnderground Approved
Sep 19, 2009
joey, where is the pics of my clean rhino that started in the back of pack? :) lol

VOLTAGE LIGHTS

OLD DIRTY BASTARD
Oct 19, 2009
NC DAGO
Goodtimes !
Thanks to MAGNUM OFFROAD Pala-UTVUNDERGROUND !

Thanks to Joey Deez Nutz for the coverage and the ongoing hard work !

That was a treacherous course ! Bummed 007 DNF'd or we would have been battleing to the end !

The Rzr took a beat down !:D

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
It ripped off at the high rates of speed that rhio was traveling but thanks for asking ROG!! hahahahhaah JUST KIDDING.................kinda..................lol

You missed it Wayne! You would love this race. The next round will be in a couple of months!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000