A LOOK @ LIFE @ 60

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
WOW! ON MARCH 29, 2011 I WILL REACH THE LANDMARK AGE OF 60. I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD LIVE TO SEE 30. WITH THE LOSS OF JOHN BERRY & MY MOM RECOVERING FROM A SEVERE STROKE & BRAIN SURGERY. I HAVE REALIZED MY OWN MORTALITY. I HAVE HAD A LOT OF HEALTH ISSUES SURGERIES, ASTHMA, STENTS & I CAN BARELY SEE OUT OF MY RIGHT EYE. WITH ALL THAT I HAVE WRONG, I HAVE A LOT RIGHT. I HAVE A WONDERFUL WIFE OF 39 YEARS WHO LOVES ME NO MATTER WHAT. I HAVE LOTS OF FRIENDS & FAMILY. I HAVE MADE THE BEST FRIENDS IN THE LAST FEW YEARS THROUGH OFFROADING & SIDEXSIDES. THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR BEING THERE FOR MYSELF & JENNE. I HOPE TO ENJOY A LONG FUTURE WITH LOTS OF RIDES WITH LA FAMILA. 60 IS LOOKING MIGHTY GOOD. I EVEN GET SENIOR DISCOUNTS @ RESTARAUNTS. WOOO WOO!!!!!:D:D:D

Cisco Kid

Puro Corazon - UTVUnderground La Famila
Apr 17, 2009
DD, you look like 21 with your new style cut ;-)

Love yea man ;-)

DUNE DUMMY 29

Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
THANKS GUYS. I TRY NOT TO LET ANYONE SEE ALL MY AILMENTS. I HOPE YOU ALL REMEMBER TO PASS ME & TALK TO ME ON THE LEFT SIDE. MY LUCKY SIDE. I JUST CELEBRATED THE SECOND BIRTHDAY OF MY LEFT KNEE. IT IS STILL DOING GOOD. I THINK I NEED GRETIAN FORMULA OR SHOE POLISH FOR MY GRAY HAIR. HOW SAD, I STILL THINK IT IS BLONDE.

FBT

DD I am about 7 years behind you and have a list of ailments of my own, some of which we share. You have the right idea tho, life is for the living, and God wants us to live every single moment.
I was just sitting here complaining about this endless winter and came to the conclusion it isn't winter I am mad at, it is that it is cramping my style and the time I get to spend with my wife, sons, and granddaughter out at Sand Mountain and on the lake.
Hang in there, and cherish every moment...
You youngin's need to take these conversations to heart, you'll be here sonner than you think!

DUNE DUMMY 29

Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
DD I am about 7 years behind you and have a list of ailments of my own, some of which we share. You have the right idea tho, life is for the living, and God wants us to live every single moment.
I was just sitting here complaining about this endless winter and came to the conclusion it isn't winter I am mad at, it is that it is cramping my style and the time I get to spend with my wife, sons, and granddaughter out at Sand Mountain and on the lake.
Hang in there, and cherish every moment...
You youngin's need to take these conversations to heart, you'll be here sonner than you think!
THANKS JEFF. WE NEVER THINK ABOUT GETTING OLD WHEN WE ARE YOUNGER. ONCE YOU GET THERE IT IS A BIG SURPRISE. I DEFINITELY LOVE LIFE & PEOPLE. OH YEAH. 70 DEGREES & SUNNY HERE TODAY. WE SHOULD BE SOMEWHERE RIDING INSTEAD OF STUCK HERE @ WORK. OH WELL, WORK GETS ME TO THE FUN.

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
WOW! ON MARCH 29, 2011 I WILL REACH THE LANDMARK AGE OF 60. I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD LIVE TO SEE 30. WITH THE LOSS OF JOHN BERRY & MY MOM RECOVERING FROM A SEVERE STROKE & BRAIN SURGERY. I HAVE REALIZED MY OWN MORTALITY. I HAVE HAD A LOT OF HEALTH ISSUES SURGERIES, ASTHMA, STENTS & I CAN BARELY SEE OUT OF MY RIGHT EYE. WITH ALL THAT I HAVE WRONG, I HAVE A LOT RIGHT. I HAVE A WONDERFUL WIFE OF 39 YEARS WHO LOVES ME NO MATTER WHAT. I HAVE LOTS OF FRIENDS & FAMILY. I HAVE MADE THE BEST FRIENDS IN THE LAST FEW YEARS THROUGH OFFROADING & SIDEXSIDES. THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR BEING THERE FOR MYSELF & JENNE. I HOPE TO ENJOY A LONG FUTURE WITH LOTS OF RIDES WITH LA FAMILA. 60 IS LOOKING MIGHTY GOOD. I EVEN GET SENIOR DISCOUNTS @ RESTARAUNTS. WOOO WOO!!!!!:D:D:D
Even the tough things in life lead you to meet people that impact your life! Enjoy every day as much as you can. Always tell the people in your life you love, that you love them. Because we never know when the last time will be. Another website's saying is " When you wake up in the morning you can choose to be an A hole or not" Life is much better leaving the A hole part to others.

Congratulations on hitting 60 next stop 95 budd :D:D

megonzo

Jan 25, 2011
Cedar City, UT
Oh Gosh....as I see it... Happy Birthday!!

We have a lot in common, but let me address the 'knee'. April 8th will be the 1st anniversary of my new knee. It has been awesome. In May of last year is when I chose to participate in 'my last act of defiance(of age).. I entered in the KOH, and died my hair purple...no regrets. Well, that has not been my last act. My new 'issue' is my Thyroid. It's complicated, but the growth on my thyroid(which is about the size of the gland itself) is wrapped around my juggler and carotid artery...plus the jury is still out as to what type of cancer I may have. So...my next act of defiance will bet to participate in a 'BID' event of sorts, or some other demanding competitive event.

so, again...Happy Birthday, and many more to come. Trust me, I will stop ya and we can compare knees. :D

Joanne

DUNE DUMMY 29

Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
THANKS EVERY ONE. I TELL MY WIFE I LOVE HER EVERY DAY. WHEN I TALK TO MY LOVED ONES ON THE PHONE I ALWAYS END WITH I LOVE YOU. JOANE. YOU ARE MY HERO. GOOD LUCK WITH THE THYROID & THE BIG "C". OUR THOUGHTS & PRAYERS GO OUT TO YOU. MY WIFE HAS THYROID PROBLEMS, JUST NOT AS SEVERE AS YOURS. THE KNEE WAS ONE OF THE BEST THINGS I EVER DID. WE HAVE TO COMPARE SCARS. MY NEXT THING IS I HAVE TO HAVE ANOTHER SURGERY FOR THE 4TH TORN ROTATOR CUFF. THIS WILL BE MY 14TH ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY.

Last edited:

FBT

Surgery gets to be ho-hum after a few. In '07 I became a guniea pig for a new artificial dsk program, I have lots of new parts in my spine and a scar that goes from my navel to my n...nether regions.
Then last year a minor heart problem and a stint, then got home and there was a message from another doc, a colonoscopy had found some cancer...
But, the Good Lord was watching over me and now all is well.
Which is why I try to, "live every moment, and love every day because before you know it your precious time slips away"...like REO Speedwagon said. That song has a new meaning to me, these days.

ageekwithajeep

UTVUnderground La-Familia
Oct 13, 2010
Spokane Wa
DD baby your gona be 60 wow baby thought you were 29 this year. You have been a great friend and i am sure you will be around for quite a few more years. Thanks for everything you have done for la familia and me. We love you buddy

tomcav

Let ride ,bitches
Feb 6, 2011
the oc
You know your "Old" when you start comparing illnesses, operations, and scars! To me hitting 6 0 means seeing a lot of land closed and freedoms taken away because we have what youth doesn't prospective and it sucks more than the operations and scars! The legacy of bigger government we are leaving our Grand Children is criminal to say the least! We were the rulers of the world and now we are ruled! :eek::eek::eek: I plan on living forever and so far my plan is working!
x-2 :)

DUNE DUMMY 29

Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
Surgery gets to be ho-hum after a few. In '07 I became a guniea pig for a new artificial dsk program, I have lots of new parts in my spine and a scar that goes from my navel to my n...nether regions.
Then last year a minor heart problem and a stint, then got home and there was a message from another doc, a colonoscopy had found some cancer...
But, the Good Lord was watching over me and now all is well.
Which is why I try to, "live every moment, and love every day because before you know it your precious time slips away"...like REO Speedwagon said. That song has a new meaning to me, these days.
WAY COOL YOU USED AN REO SPEEDWAGON SONG REFERENCE. THEY ARE OUR FAVORITE BAND. WE HAVE SEEN THEM 6 TIMES & 3 OF THOSE WERE WITH STYX.

Last edited:

FBT

WAY COOL YOU USED AN REO SPEEDWAGON SONG REFERENCE. THEY ARE OUR FAVORITE BAND. WE HAVE SEEN THEM 6 TIMES & 3 OF THOSE WERE WITH STYX.

Have never seen them, have a couple of there albums and those lyrics have always hit me at home. I lost my Dad when I was 22 and he was 57. He missed seeing his first grandson by 6 months.
So those words run deep, ya know?

-My favorite Band from back in the day...BOSTON! Seen 'em 4 times, once in Reno at an outdoor amphitheater, we were center stage 3rd row back...they killed it.
It won't be the same with Brad Delp gone.

DUNE DUMMY 29

Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
Have never seen them, have a couple of there albums and those lyrics have always hit me at home. I lost my Dad when I was 22 and he was 57. He missed seeing his first grandson by 6 months.
So those words run deep, ya know?

-My favorite Band from back in the day...BOSTON! Seen 'em 4 times, once in Reno at an outdoor amphitheater, we were center stage 3rd row back...they killed it.
It won't be the same with Brad Delp gone.
WOW. MY DAD DIED @ 57 & HIS DAD WAS IN HIS 40S. I WAS IN MY 30s WHEN HE PASSED. NEITHER MY BROTHER OR I HAVE KIDS SO DAD DIDN'T MISS THE GRANDKIDS. I LOVE BOSTON TOO. NEIL YOUNG, LED ZEPPELIN , LYNYRD SKYNYRD, LINDA RONSTADT WERE ALL MY FAVORITES & I WAS ABLE TO SEE THEM ALL IN CONCERT. ONE CONCERT @ BALBOA STADIUM WAS: ROD STEWART, LOGGINS & MESSINA, LYNYRD SKYNYRD & FLEETWOOD MAC. I LIKE BOSTON BUT NEVER SAW THEM. I WAS IN A ROCK BAND, I PLAYED BASS & SANG BACK UP VOCALS. I SANG LEAD ON ALL OF THE NEIL YOUNG SONGS. I THINK I HAVE LED A PRETTY FULL LIFE FOR 60. I LOVE MUSIC & BECAUSE I WAS IN A BAND THE LYRICS ARE IMPORTANT TO ME. REO SPEEDWAGON HAS REALLY GOOD LYRICS. I LOVE COUNTING CROWS BUT ALL OF THEIR LYRICS ARE SAD. I HAVE SEEN THEM IN CONCERT TOO.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000