All right, to who ever whined to LOORRS...

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
about having to put on mudflaps, thanks. :mad:

Effective immediately, UTVs will no longer be required to run mudflaps. All UTVs will now be required to cover the windshield area with a rock guard. The attached document contains the new rule & a diagram. This is the same safety rule that has been in place for all trucks and buggies. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this requirement.

Attachments

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
Seriously! Everyone I talked to was happy to have them - who wouldn't want them??

I am going to send a note to LOORRS about the SR1's - we are required to have them for the SR1 class - and anyone who has been in the roost of one will appreciate the fact that they are there - it's a definite safety item for us.......I would hope the SR1 rules supercede the regular UTV rules. I am running mine regardless......

SO.....SR1's....remember, we need to have them still. I hate those screens they are going to make us run - talk about hard to see through!

Zerofield

Pit Junky - UTVUnderground Approved
Dec 13, 2009
Arizona
The mud flaps are a great idea. Dan Kelly, Corry, and Austin set up looks bad ass! I'm sure Bobby's will to on the new car...

Someone was tell me they were getting pounded with big rocks in vegas. Its for the driver safey, itdont add much weight...

BOBONTHIS

#64 PRO UTVUNDERGROUND RACER - UTVUnderground Appr
Jan 27, 2009
Mesa, AZ
The mud flaps are a great idea. Dan Kelly, Corry, and Austin set up looks bad ass! I'm sure Bobby's will to on the new car...

Someone was tell me they were getting pounded with big rocks in vegas. Its for the driver safey, itdont add much weight...
My Car went to powder today & it doesnt have a place for mud flaps. But it does have a wire Screen.

450grl

Mar 15, 2009
My car is going to powder this week too - and it's going to have mounts for both. Man, I HATE looking through those screens!

dnf736

Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Neither did ours but after the boy spent some time in a dwarf he would rather everyone run mud flaps than look through a mud covered screen. Cant say I blame him either.

LSRGreg

#877 SR1 UTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 26, 2009
I would rather keep the mudflaps, and from what i can tell, the screens are required.

LSRGreg

#877 SR1 UTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 26, 2009
not sure. i did some searching yesterday and was unable to come up with anything. So we are going to make ours on our laser machine. It will be kind of costly, just because there is soo much cut time involved, but i don't have the time to search around for it. Once we get ours cut, i could get you a quote if your interested.

G-

dnf736

Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
were do we get these screens
Who ever built your cage Gary, since all of our cars are custom so are the screens.

UTVR-19 Windshield Area
A. UTVs must have complete left half of windshield opening covered with a LOORRS approved rock guard. Rock guard must have a minimum 1/8 inch rod and a maximum 1.5 inch square opening welded at each intersection.
B. A 7 inch by 10 inch section may have vertical bars only. See diagram.

450grl

Mar 15, 2009
Industrial Metal Supply - welded wire mesh or woven wire mesh...comes in many different guages and sizes. I would go with the 1 1/2" squares....sucky thing is they only sell it in sheets....looking at getting a sheet, and maybe cutting it up and selling off some pieces. Or getting a laser cut screen....whichever is cheaper. :)

KJSmith84

Banned Por Vida
Jan 15, 2009
somewhere up my own ...
Industrial Metal Supply - welded wire mesh or woven wire mesh...comes in many different guages and sizes. I would go with the 1 1/2" squares....sucky thing is they only sell it in sheets....looking at getting a sheet, and maybe cutting it up and selling off some pieces. Or getting a laser cut screen....whichever is cheaper. :)
yeah that stuff can get expensive for just a little piece.

Wire mesh, Hardware cloth, Screen, Wire Cloth

gives you guys some ideas on whats out there in the wire mesh.

can Bobby get this from his steel company??

Reactions: 1 person

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000