Badassmav Baja 1000 updates ?

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
So, do we have a bet Johnny? If the Monster Mav finishes ahead of the UTV Inc. car in the 2014 Baja 1000, I don't pay for the tie rods you sent me a month or so back, and you hand over to me a cool thousand greenbacks. :D

If the UTV Inc. car finishes in front of the Monster Mav, then I pay you $1,000.00 for the 4 tie rods + another $1,000.00 to boot.:(

By "finishes ahead of ", I mean the official finishing position as recognized by SCORE. If we both DNF, the bet is off, and I'll pay your regular price for the tie rods before departing for home. It doesn't matter if Marc made 950 miles, and you only made three miles. At least one, or both cars have to finish within the allotted time in order for there to be a bet. Kapeesh?

If you'd like to up the ante, I'm all ears! How about this:

IF THE WINNER OF THE BET ALSO WINS THE RACE, THE LOSER PAYS AN ADDITIONAL $1,000.00 BONUS, UNLESS THE LOSER FINISHES SECOND PLACE, AT WHICH POINT THE PAYOUT WILL REMAIN AS OUTLINED ABOVE.

Yeah brr brrr. Now were talking a bet!

mearsman

Nov 2, 2011
I think I saw a cool G floating around the shop somewhere...............c'mon Moneybags, it aint no skin off your brow (nor mine;))!

Hey, Jim:eek:! You still in buddy, or what? Is Nick coming along too? If you show up here early, I'll put you up, after putting you to work! This will be the tightest one yet. I should quit posting then, huh?

I'm in, I talked to Marc last week and left him a voicemail this morning.
Nick can't make it because of his tommy John surgery rehab.

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
I'm in, I talked to Marc last week and left him a voicemail this morning.
Nick can't make it because of his tommy John surgery rehab.
Awesome! Don't use your frequent flyer miles. Marc will ante up for your ticket. I'll PM you his email address, and you can send him the confirmation. Once he reads it, he'll have his assistant book your flight. Be sure to include the departing airport, and the date you can leave.

jaggedx

Jagged X - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jan 14, 2010
www.jaggedx.com
So this is the Baja 1000 thread? Sounds like only two cars racing?

There are a couple other guys showing up to the party in La Paz!

Johnny

UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Mesa Arizona
ya ya well im showing up for the party but im guessing that showing up for the party late wont be as much fun as you think ..

it will look like this when you guys roll in Mr. Bill

we have a secret weapon that I have had locked up and we will be bringing it out befor the start of the 1000 Bill ....

opps ya that just happened ... didn't think Id be using it against you did ya ?

But really Good Luck to you all and be safe .. I hope we make it to the starting line

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
Is anyone watching the weather? There's a new hurricane passing south of La Paz how much rain will that produce on the peninsula?

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
So this is the Baja 1000 thread? Sounds like only two cars racing?

There are a couple other guys showing up to the party in La Paz!
And I fully expect your team to be one of them. We're hoping that we get to beat the competitors, and them not beating themselves! Nope Bill, it's the "Johnny calling Reid out to play thread". I don't know why it's got 3 times more traffic than the real 1000 thread. I guess people do enjoy watching train wrecks!:eek: This train wreck will be coming to a screeching halt shortly, so members will need to look elsewhere for their entertainment. I'll be leaving the sandbox soon.:(

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Boy Johnny, your car sure looks a lot closer than ours does. We have some clutch tuning scheduled for Sunday, so I guess it's time to dawn my mask and take on my after hours alias of Midnight Fabricator :(. I was really hoping not to see any all nighters this s:eek::eek:n. It looks like we'll finish off the season the same way we started it. In a whirlwind. But wait (as he says with the Barney Fife sniffle of confidence), yep, I believe we won the first race out.

Ah crap, racing sucks! Think I'll grab a shower and a nap, and find my second wind.

Attachments

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Boy Johnny, your car sure looks a lot closer than ours does. We have some clutch tuning scheduled for Sunday, so I guess it's time to dawn my mask and take on my after hours alias of Midnight Fabricator :(. I was really hoping not to see any all nighters this s:eek::eek:n. It looks like we'll finish off the season the same way we started it. In a whirlwind. But wait (as he says with the Barney Fife sniffle of confidence), yep, I believe we won the first race out.

Ah crap, racing sucks! Think I'll grab a shower and a nap, and find my second wind.
Reid why you wanna sandbag us? Thats the same picture you posted a week ago:eek:

Johnny

UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Mesa Arizona
First test drive went well today, tomorrow Mark Queen is coming to check the tune for our race fuel we have to run in Mexico .. because we don't want to run pump gas
:)
and my newly tuned shocks for the longer chassis we be back from Fox .. we did a lot of testing with Fox at Glamis

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000