BITD adds new Pro Turbo Production UTV class

It'sYourLegacy

Banned Por Vida
Mar 29, 2015
Both teams lobbied to split the class, you should go back and read the threads as you have no idea what you are talking about.
Sooo..."lobbying to split the classes" immediately becomes "looking out for the little guy"...just as long as what is splitting the classes is in my engineer's hands NOW for evaluation, factory support, the list goes on..not to mention when the time comes for my lobbied-for class splitting/"Premier" car reveal. The single most significant event in UTV racing history (sadly allowed during the middle of a racing season) is now boiled down/'cleansed' for the history books to the following:
"....and in 2015, teams...stood up for the little guy and along with other racers got changes done...".
Wow...what would these "little guys" do without competing teams constantly lobbying/standing up for them! ;)

"...Everybody has played by the rules as written..."
Hey, if we're all willing to suspend reality/put the above in the history books?...why not rewrite the history of this season all together and teach our kids that '2015' was indeed the year that they should all emulate when we're gone.

Simply make certain that they don't actually read the rules or take them seriously for safety's sake.

It'sYourLegacy

Banned Por Vida
Mar 29, 2015
You would think a professional organization like the UTVRA would put together an official PR and send it to the sports media outlets and post through social media instead of group text messages? Maybe a PR from BITD would be nice, I mean, I like to think UTVs are a pretty important class in terms of growth and car count. I doubt the tech director for TT would just send a group text??
It's almost embarrassing at times....
Like somebody told me from the very beginning..."UTV racing is nothing but smoke and mirrors".
Sadly, the people in it are currently asking fans to believe that this grade of professionalism or see-no-evil participatory process will not necessarily translate in to safety issues for the drivers themselves/anybody else on the course.

A lot of us out here are old enough to know better. We also pray (as you have alluded to in the past) that teams would simply take charge of their own destinies or even legacies in this regard.

kornfed

May 13, 2015
Costa Mesa
www.tetraracing.com
Maybe I am a bit off base here, but didn't Cory just make Can Am the teams that have the best chance to win the "Premier" Class. He has a fully sorted Can Am, he locked the ECUs (Can Am can remove limiter without ECU Change) and it will be a smaller class without a bunch of the Natural Born Killers in it. My Polaris build is at the point where we are about to cut up our turbo car and drop it in. Am I being set up? Is Cory really that smart?

Johnny

UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Mesa Arizona
Holy Shit !!!!! I think ill just race a truck next year

I have two Premier Pro BITD SCORE race utvs for sale

2015 N/A RZR XP10004 UTVinc Baja 1000 winner ready to race 45000.00

2016 RZR XP2 Turbo Tagged and Race Ready approx 1000 miles on it 55000.00

Johnny 602-284-2430

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix

Johnny 602-284-2430
There's only room for one premier class asshole.

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
Class 10 is looking really good to me right about now!

NO Shit. You guys got what you wanted. It wasn't even what everyone wanted either and your still finding things to bitch about. . You guys are scaring off more new teams like us more then doing what you claimed to be doing at the start. Helping the little guys. We looked at Trophy Light too. I can buy a pretty sweet trophy light for 45K. Listen to no bitching and know for sure the guy next to me is not able to outrun me on a lake bed cuz he spent more money than I did TL looking better all the time

Last edited:

facteryfmf

Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Ha. I'd be willing to bet that money is winning TL class along with TT Spec still.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
NO Shit. You guys got what you wanted. It wasn't even what everyone wanted either and your still finding things to bitch about. . You guys are scaring off more new teams like us more then doing what you claimed to be doing at the start. Helping the little guys. We looked at Trophy Light too. I can buy a pretty sweet trophy light for 45K. Listen to no bitching and know for sure the guy next to me is not able to outrun me on a lake bed cuz he spent more money than I did TL looking better all the time
Based on that ^^^, I don't know if I agree with you are disagree with you. Not sure what you meant by 'you guys.' I didn't get what I wanted, so don't lump me in with the aforementioned 'you guys.' But you are right, whether it be class 10, TL or moneybags with his TT spec, it would be great to race in a class with stable rules and regular tech. My 2 pesos. I am out-y.

Reactions: NIKAL

acme

Jul 21, 2015
Having played in both C-10 and TL: I can tell you C-10 is not and will not be cost a effective class and the rules are constantly being challenged with how about this motor option and that. As for TL under the previous leadership; it was money game and those in the loop (inner fire circle) got what they wanted ie: Opened up the trans, updated hubs, SCORE legal cages/updates, motor size/brands increased, shock package changes, body change, rear end swap, mandated tire/wheel deals and lots of other "updates" etc... and at that time they had an HOA that proved itself less than interested with the racers concerns... Another issue is odd things seem to happen when you have a single or mandated supply chain and/or a dictatorship. There are only @ 30 total out there and a number have become play cars or are not updated = not nearly the comp even with the split classes... Fun to drive but a lot of work for the speed.

Reactions: COGNITO

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
Having played in both C-10 and TL: I can tell you C-10 is not and will not be cost a effective class and the rules are constantly being challenged with how about this motor option and that. As for TL under the previous leadership; it was money game and those in the loop (inner fire circle) got what they wanted ie: Opened up the trans, updated hubs, SCORE legal cages/updates, motor size/brands increased, shock package changes, body change, rear end swap, mandated tire/wheel deals and lots of other "updates" etc... and at that time they had an HOA that proved itself less than interested with the racers concerns... Another issue is odd things seem to happen when you have a single or mandated supply chain and/or a dictatorship. There are only @ 30 total out there and a number have become play cars or are not updated = not nearly the comp even with the split classes... Fun to drive but a lot of work for the speed.
Thanks Acme. My mechanic spent a bunch of time talking to the guy. You are saying the same things we are finding out. Lots of work for a bit more speed. He does seem to have things pretty well put together we think though. The 10-15 teams per race thing is a big factor too for us like you mentioned. He's got some pretty good sponsers going but that won't last at 15 trucks per race. If we go class 19 though that's what the turbo class is going to be next year also though. We also think the turbo cars are going to be pretty competitive with the TLs' with in the next few years too. Maybe I'm way off there but class 19 was only a handful of Avg MPH off of the trucks in the last few races . I'm still holding out hope they let N/A cars race in the turbo class to keep the numbers up for the 1st couple of seasons. I know there are a few Yamaha cars that would prefer to race in the faster class. Weather it will actually be faster or not is just a wild guess right now.

facteryfmf

Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
I'm not exactly sure why you have accused me of making up all this info and starting rumors, but all I have done is relayed accurate info. So before I am accused of starting rumors maybe you should do some research or call Corey. Also it's Sims with 1 M just like it is spelled when I post
Cory

Reactions: Bajaxp

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
“Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it”.
Winston Churchill

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”
George Santayana

"Those who don't know their off-road history are bound to repeat it"
Nikal

Reactions: Bajaxp

acme

Jul 21, 2015
No worries. We just jumped into a non turbo car ourselves and look forward to racing whomever is there for the few events a year we will run. Turbo/non turbo is not the issue IMHO: It seems that the class (or a majority of it)would be better off if the rules stayed consistent for 2-3 years as opposed to the disposable car mentality without worrying about allowing any new or mid year change the manufacturers come out with. The biggest issue in any class is keeping the rules simple and enforceable, allowing a maximum amount of cars to compete without the constant need to chase changes or updates. Hopefully the rules will catch up and allow everyone to compete evenly and without the need for throwing away perfectly good cars to compete with the whomevers and worry more about the racers than the manufacturers...

Regardless, we will race the events we want and the wife is stoked about the RZR. Our only hope is the Queen Racing power keeps us competitive whatever the rules are over the next few years...

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona

Johnny 602-284-2430
Haha,don't go read the 6100 threads on Race dezert. You're gonna love the truck but I hope it's light.

It'sYourLegacy

Banned Por Vida
Mar 29, 2015
“Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it”.
Winston Churchill...."Those who don't know their off-road history are bound to repeat it"
Nikal
In terms of the 1900 class and those who quit dreaming of the same shot at (legitimate) glory that they were at the beginning of this season? (which never materialized)...good advice.

"..The biggest issue in any class is keeping the rules simple and enforceable.."
...and when simple rules aren't enforced...things don't become simple anymore.

"...The class will still be bad ass regardless. It will just get better when there is some real leadership pushing it to its full potential. I think both Pro Production and Pro Turbo classes will be stiff with competition and car count.."
While I agree with most any car presently racing in this class both today and tomorrow being exactly as you described; my initial interest on race day in two cars even looking exactly the same?..is the latest one on the market. If I have the time, I'm going to absorb everything to do with the 'real' race and then glance over to notice: "Oh..and Black Rhino Performance won the Production Class.." I want 'news'..not what my outdated XP in the garage could do if I chose to go out and race it against other outdated machines.

The majority of current and future racers happy with this news are in two camps:
The ones who are going to race the very best machines that an international manufacturer can produce regardless..
..and the ones who believe that a championship in any class is a championship none the less.

The fans don't think anything less of the latter..yet I'm not buying parts from Black Rhino Performance anymore either. What breaks on mass production cars that I don't even own (yet) is still the draw for me. The video I posted (post #105) of Polaris engineers claiming to have finally got it right in their continual battle with bean counters/clueless leadership is 'news' to me. Proving these (latest) claims on the course itself (honestly) will most likely be the only excitement that I care to witness next year or any other.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000