BITD adds new Pro Turbo Production UTV class

cocojoe

May 14, 2012
The fans don't think anything less of the latter..

It's Desert Racing there are no fans, the only people that care or follow a race are the people in the race, otherwise everybody else could care less, just the way it is and always has been.

Reactions: acme

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
It's Desert Racing there are no fans, the only people that care or follow a race are the people in the race, otherwise everybody else could care less, just the way it is and always has been.
That's not true I follow and don't have a car and know several other people that do. I've been to races before with my uncle in a class 9 and have always been interested in desert racing.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
That's not true I follow and don't have a car and know several other people that do. I've been to races before with my uncle in a class 9 and have always been interested in desert racing.

Agreed. I always check the results and follow the teams. Especially the AZ UTV teams.

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
Agreed. I always check the results and follow the teams. Especially the AZ UTV teams.
The Mexican people sure seem to be crazy for off road racing it. Maybe a big reason why loors went down for short course .

Last edited:

motive

Jan 12, 2014
Pleasant Grove, UT
Go back to the "Should turbo cars be allowed to race" thread!:) More than a few fans chimed in that the turbos should run. More "FANS" chimed in than racers. Its seems to me that perhaps the fans got what they wanted and the racers paid the price of having to build new cars. Then after building new cars, the class splits and the perfectly good car they already had is suddenly still competitive in the NA class. Don't get me wrong, at this point I think the classes should be split because that can of worms has been opened.

Sure, it will take time for the turbo class to build up the same number of entries as the NA class. I imagine in the future that almost anyone building a car will be starting with the turbo. But for right now calling one class over the other "Premier" is BS. Both classes will have some very talented teams. The NA class will be just as fun to follow as the Turbos. That is until all the top teams go turbo and Cognito is left to sandbag.:D I'm looking forward to the UTVUG videos following 2 races instead of just one! The class that has the tightest fought battles will be the most interesting to follow. Or the class that has the biggest characters, shit talkers, and drama queens.

I also think that the unlimited class will start to gain some traction. With the new entries like 2900 car from S3, hopefully there will start to be some more interest there. The possibilities the rules allow in that class hasn't even been scratched yet. If someone really wanted to chase an overall UTV win they would crack open that rule book!

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Go back to the "Should turbo cars be allowed to race" thread!:) More than a few fans chimed in that the turbos should run. More "FANS" chimed in than racers. Its seems to me that perhaps the fans got what they wanted and the racers paid the price of having to build new cars. Then after building new cars, the class splits and the perfectly good car they already had is suddenly still competitive in the NA class. Don't get me wrong, at this point I think the classes should be split because that can of worms has been opened.

Sure, it will take time for the turbo class to build up the same number of entries as the NA class. I imagine in the future that almost anyone building a car will be starting with the turbo. But for right now calling one class over the other "Premier" is BS. Both classes will have some very talented teams. The NA class will be just as fun to follow as the Turbos. That is until all the top teams go turbo and Cognito is left to sandbag.:D I'm looking forward to the UTVUG videos following 2 races instead of just one! The class that has the tightest fought battles will be the most interesting to follow. Or the class that has the biggest characters, shit talkers, and drama queens.

I also think that the unlimited class will start to gain some traction. With the new entries like 2900 car from S3, hopefully there will start to be some more interest there. The possibilities the rules allow in that class hasn't even been scratched yet. If someone really wanted to chase an overall UTV win they would crack open that rule book!
I can promise you we aren't coming to sandbag in 2016. Matter of fact, you guys might shit yourself when you see what we come with

Reactions: kornfed

motive

Jan 12, 2014
Pleasant Grove, UT
That was a joke if it didn't come across like that. haha

Shit ourselves, huh? Tire slicing hubcaps? A bigger war hammer? OH, wait, let me guess... Skulls!:D

Despite some grumbling about how the rules are made, 2016 will be a good year.

Reactions: facteryfmf

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Well, maybe I meant we might throw in the towel and give Johnny a run for his money bags in 6100 ?

cocojoe

May 14, 2012
Of course there are fans especially in Baja, I've enjoyed interacting with my friends and the fans in baja for almost 30 years. Some of my fondest memeories of racing have been with the fans in Baja, breaking down at 2:00am in the middle of no where in the wilds of baja before the days of GPS and decent radios and having fans seemingly come out of know where to get you going again when all hope is lost. Priceless! I wish the fan base here in the states was as avid. With the advent of the internet it has made it easier to follow desert racing and quite a few fans do follow it on the internet. I only wish more of them would get out from behind their keyboards and actually go out to a race. When I mentioned earlier that there are no fans, it was a comparison to other motorsports. Millions of F1 fans all over the world can tell you that Nico Rosberg won the Mexican Gran Prix last weekend, because millions of people all over the world watched it live either in person or on tv. Desert racing never had or never will have a following that can compare to that or other forms of motorsports. Desert racing just doesn't lend itself that well to having a large fan base. First of all it's just hard to spectate and follow a race that happens over hundreds and sometimes thousands of miles of open desert. Short course racing on the other hand is building a very large fan base, it's easy to spectate the race from the grandstands and easy to televise and it's clear to the fans whom is winning and losing. But Short course racing is NOT desert racing, they both take place on dirt, and some of the same racers particpate in both, but they are completely different animals. I dont know how many races I have been to or participated in that even a day after the race I couldnt tell you who won, even in my own class let alone another class. Hanging out after a race with friends and fellow racers over a few beers at the Tree Bar I bet if you asked the class 10 guys who won the UTV race or the UTV guys who won the class 10 race they wouldnt be able to answer the question. Thats what I ment by the only people that care about a race or particular class are the people particpating in or involved with that class.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Didn't see that coming! But I did get it half right. You are going to sandbag the 6100s!

...And there will be skulls.
Sandbaggers? Hah! We've been called alot of things.....But sandbagger?....Lets see how the rules shake out....we may end up being called the underdog next year.

Sandbagging ; (racing) Deliberately qualifying slower than what the car actually perform, Deliberately playing below ones actually ability.

I don't know your definition of sandbagging but when Has anyone ever seen us NOT bring our A game????

Last edited:

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Silver State? Just saying, LOL!
we brought our A game there too...battery shorted out.... Hard to predict that kind of failure...

It sucks having to be redundant on a battery....they are usually good or bad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000