FYI, Race Around The Lake

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA

After a 4 or 5 year hiatus Shane Tritteler (former MX/SX racer and factory test rider) has revived the Race Around The Lake and included both TK's and SXS's in the schedule. Check it out.

Race Around the Lake - October 28-30th

Spam it Joey.

Enjoy

Last edited:

mark#63

Apr 27, 2011
NoHo,CA
I might be able to get some inside info on the race my brother is friends with shane. If i can get info I'll report back.

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
If you read the entry form it looks somewhat similar to worcs, Im sure it will be fine tuned as the day gets closer.

My advice here, be constructive. This is his first offering to something other than the bikes only of the past. Try not to split too many hairs, go preppared and have fun.

Joey, maybe you could make a call and ask for WORCS rules to be used, that would clear the air for everyone including the promoter.

PS. IMO, You really should be wearing a minium SFI-1 firesuit, ask my son.

Looks like a good time, too bad its the weekend before LOORRS or I would take the boy and his SR1.

Enjoy.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
If you read the entry form it looks somewhat similar to worcs, Im sure it will be fine tuned as the day gets closer.

My advice here, be constructive. This is his first offering to something other than the bikes only of the past. Try not to split too many hairs, go preppared and have fun.

Joey, maybe you could make a call and ask for WORCS rules to be used, that would clear the air for everyone including the promoter.

PS. IMO, You really should be wearing a minium SFI-1 firesuit, ask my son.Looks like a good time, too bad its the weekend before LOORRS or I would take the boy and his SR1.

Enjoy.
Doug I hear you guys had a rough weekend. Justin told me about the carnage yesterday over lunch. Glad to hear Cody is ok!

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Maybe me, this lake is 45 minutes from mi casa and 20 minutes south of Frazier Park:D

T-wrecks

Apr 7, 2011
Corona CA
It sure would be nice to see a rule book with class break downs and safety gear requirements. I think I would meet most rules for a stock motor long travel class. I dont know if my induced fab opening doors would be allowed and I dont have window nets.

Hopefully they post somthing up or reply to my email.

SGM4Life

Oct 29, 2009
Valencia,Ca
Got back from races it was pretty good. My dad took 4th in the class 2 race. Seemed like it was all about getting a good start due to no passing spots really on the coarse. Right when I got there I pulled my camera and caught a rollover with a xp. I will get it uploaded to youtube and post here tonight.

TJWIZ

Double Tap Racing #803
Jul 30, 2011
Moreno Valley, Ca.
www.facebook.com
THE GOOD: I had a great time out there. I met alot of cool pepole and the weather was great. I never did a cold start before (that was interesting). I beleive we were 13 wide at the start, with the first left turn, wide enough for two LOL. Forget about a hole shot. I just wanted to make it past the first 5 turns with out rolling over. Sure enough, turn 3 and 5 roll overs.

The course was nice but, on the left side of the mountain had hair pin turns ( great for MX. Not so great for UTV's). That's where the majority of the roll overs happend. You were in the mountains, beach area and pavement which made it fun.

THE BAD: There were some people that should of been in class 1 instaed of 2. I didn't care, I was there to have fun. The registration never gave a break down, the difference between the two (no fault of the drivers, so people didn't really know which one to sign up for). The even also had "Kodak Event Photo" to photograph the event. The photo's turned out great if you were MX or ATV. They had technical difficuties and didn't photo any of the UTV's :mad:. I spoke with the young lady working the Kodak trailer and she said that they only had one photogragher and he had technical difficulties. It would of been nice to have a PHOTO.

Over all, the event was fun and I can't wait till next year to do it again.

66cummins

moab junkie
Dec 4, 2009
Buddy of mine Brian took a first place in one class and I think his son took a second in the other class.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000