Laughlin Desert Classic

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
I think we need to somehow make a TT type class in the UTV world, full of hype, sponsors and recognized driving athletes with endorsements just like the TT world.
Wise observation! There's some fresh thinking right there because let's face it, drive train aside, there are not many stock components that will fit or work on any of the top "production" class UTE's currently out there anyway. Then, all the BAMF's will have a place to shine. Kinda like a class 1, but with limited track and wheelbase. BUT, open motors, as long as the factory block and heads are used. Any transmission for now, until which time the manufactures either do away with the vulnerable belt design, or innovate the current drive system to reliably handle the ponies. Minimum weight is probably important for safety, and for the sake of appearance, maybe 33" max tires. Gotta maintain semi stock appearance (i.e., a hood, and a couple of stock fenders), 'cause it's all about the heritage.
Yeah! Finally a package that caters less to policing and bickering, and more to balls out racing. Then, the wiser Geisers will enter the scene, rendering all us current fabricators "has beens" Haha!
Finally, all this whining will be just a bad memory! Aren't you guys just fed up with the same old arguments, being ignored by the same set of ears race after race? I couldn't see Polaris or Can Am minding at all when their average speeds are just a nick shy of 6100 times. WITH A TWO CYLINDER ENGINE! WTF?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000