warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
When you get it in the sun take some pictures

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

moto4life9099

Jan 17, 2011
ok so here is what i just did as per a conversation with someone who knows how they want them measured. dropped the front tire pressure to 14(tims high recommendation) and the rear to 11(tims low recommendation) and ended up with 94 3/4 front and did my calculation (height of tire without paddles (29 3/4x 3.14)) to eliminate using paddles in the formula and got 93.415 for the rear so I'm assuming that how tim got his 1" front difference with the front being larger to help with 4 wheel drive. and here are come more pics. only put them on the one side because i have to run stockers to get it to fin in the trailerunnamed-6.jpg unnamed-7.jpg

Reactions: ALEX and warlock

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Looks good. I cant wait to here how they work and compare to the others.

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Haha! You couldn't have positioned that puppy any better if you tried!

I dig the looks of the skats, they look so mean.

Thx for posting up the numbers you found/

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Well that's good. I'm still barefoot but not pregnant lol. Which is a damn good thing hehehe. I will sneak in to Tims shop and steal a set while he's napping.

scubydo

Nov 15, 2015
Would these work well on a XP4 1000 (no engine, or clutch mods) at Little Sahara Utah about 5000 feet. It's a heavy XP4 with a Polaris roof, 30 inch light bar, Bumper lights front and rear, Full Glass wind sheild, RYfab cargo box, full doors, SSS full skid plate, Front and rear bumpers, Full Stereo with Amp, Glove box sub, and 4 speakers, 4 Harness's, and 2 harness bars. I haven't weighed it, but suspect it's close to 1900 pounds.

I'm leaning on towards the 30 in skats for clearance when crossing between dunes, but not sure the Stock motor will pull them. Usually ride with about 360 pounds in the front, and 100 in the back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

moto4life9099

Jan 17, 2011
Would these work well on a XP4 1000 (no engine, or clutch mods) at Little Sahara Utah about 5000 feet. It's a heavy XP4 with a Polaris roof, 30 inch light bar, Bumper lights front and rear, Full Glass wind sheild, RYfab cargo box, full doors, SSS full skid plate, Front and rear bumpers, Full Stereo with Amp, Glove box sub, and 4 speakers, 4 Harness's, and 2 harness bars. I haven't weighed it, but suspect it's close to 1900 pounds.

I'm leaning on towards the 30 in skats for clearance when crossing between dunes, but not sure the Stock motor will pull them. Usually ride with about 360 pounds in the front, and 100 in the back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My car is a 2014 1000 4 seat. And I'm 300 lbs alone. I have a clutch kit but stock motor and these paddles are awesome. I drive away from my buddy with "those other" paddles and they dune great. My experience is in Glamis though so not sure about other locations but they are awesome in every aspect in my mind. I vote 10/10

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
My Buddy Jimmy has a 4 seat Polaris and his son rides with him and he loves them, and another buddy with a heavy TMW built car just went out last weekend with the new Skats on the CMS wheels and said it was like a new car and had he drove it before he bought his new XPT he would have stuck with his old car. He thinks there really going to be awesome on the Turbo car.

Sent from my Magic Wand!

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
We haven't had to re clutch any of the cars as weight is usually the culprit that causes the need for clutch work. The little extra height doesn't hurt the gear ratio as its not like you went to a 35 tire. Weight of tires and wheels is the one thing that hurts the performance the most

Sent from my Magic Wand!

Turbo925

Dec 5, 2015
Hey so have you measured the roll out on the new Skats in relation to each other? ?
! I was stoked upon ordering my new Skats.... but when I received them and aired them up they looked off from one another so I aired all 4 of them to 12 psi exactly .
Measured the rollout by laying the cloth tape measure on the floor straight then putting tire/wheel vertically over tape and reaching down and pulling tape straight around tire. ONE of the Rollouts measured 1 5/8" longer than the other on the front to front measurements and the rears where 1 1/2 rollout difference.....!!!!!!!!!
I thought well that's absolutely terrible not only will my car handle very poorly it's gonna fry my cv joints and my diffs. I called skat they said it should be around 1/4 - 1/2 rollout difference max!!!! I sent them back to exchange them and called them out on the jacked up tires and now they won't replace them. Very sad but I'm glad I was smart enough to catch the poor quality control issues thats going on here with these tires. I want Skats that match each dimensionally not ones that are 4 different sizes by a huge number... everyone that has them should measure theyre rollout to make sure they are safe to run dimensionally.

Turbo925

Dec 5, 2015
Oh and to confirm I only called skat directly to get the 1/4" , 1/2 " max tolerance.
I purchased from xtreme tire

Maverick4me

Nov 16, 2015
Oregon
I drove to Skat personally and picked up a coupled sets. They sell them in matched sets. It is possible that xtreme tire got a matched set mixed up. Rollout is measured at Skat during the buffing stage if I remember correctly. Tim at xtreme should understand your situation and be able to at least swap out one tire front and rear to get you set up correctly. Fronts should always have a larger rollout than rears, but not side to side!

Reactions: mearsman

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000