>>>> Official Thread for the PURE "200" -JUNE 27-29, 2014

lucho

Sep 28, 2010
GET LIGHTS...YOU'RE GOING TO NEED THEM.
The start for the PURE "200" will be at 6 p.m. Chances are that most racers will have at least two or maybe three of the eight laps in daylight. The rest, be prepared to have to depend on great lights and good navigation.

What's going to make the "200" unique is that AVE is using a brand new route with trails seldom used. In fact, Race Director, Alan Bell says, "It's been well over a year since we have used these trails. The wash I know we have not used. So it's going to be fun and driving at night for most of the race will test the drivers and navigators."

In a constant effort by AVE of switching courses and never using the same course twice in at least a year, they also try to stay on County un-maintained roads, easement and grandfathered trails that have been around for at least 45 years.
After every event, a big effort is put by the AVE crew to clean up the course of ribbons, arrow and signs so that within a few weeks, the desert rejuvenates itself.

For more information go to: www.averacing.com or contact AVE at [email protected]

####$​

Attachments

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
Hey Lou, great to see a thread started for the "200" I just got my schedule for the summer and I'm looking forward to making this one... I do have one question or suggestion, however you might see it... Seeing that this race will start at 6pm, any chance we can qualify for starting positions in the morning? I know last year you did this at least once and I had a blast!!!

lucho

Sep 28, 2010
Hey Lou, great to see a thread started for the "200" I just got my schedule for the summer and I'm looking forward to making this one... I do have one question or suggestion, however you might see it... Seeing that this race will start at 6 pm, any chance we can qualify for starting positions in the morning? I know last year you did this at least once and I had a blast!!!
Interesting that you should bring that up. At the last event I had a chance to speak with several of the racers who have been racing with us for quite a while. I would say that the great majority did not want to have qualifying especially on the same day as the race, just in case something gets wadded up, they may not have much time to fix it. I kinda agree.

However, I would love to do qualifying on a short course right around our property where everyone can see it. Eliminate the rough stuff and just do a speed run, but as I said, the sentiments from the majority is not there at this time. I'm working on a "carrot" - That is finding a sponsor that would put up dollars for top qualifiers.

In the meantime for this race, we are going to draw for starting positions by Class and Division and start everyone in 30-second intervals. I think a good majority wanted that.

Nonetheless, thanks for the input and believe me it's in my head.

lucho

Sep 28, 2010
Wait, let me take my shoes off...200 miles...uhnm divided by let's see...8 laps...take away one, add three plus the X factor...ughn ... I'd say each lap should be around 25 miles!!! That's it! 25 miles +/-.
Hope that helps.

Lou

Mar 7, 2012
menifee ca
Wait, let me take my shoes off...200 miles...uhnm divided by let's see...8 laps...take away one, add three plus the X factor...ughn ... I'd say each lap should be around 25 miles!!! That's it! 25 miles +/-.
Hope that helps.

Lou
Lol smart ass. I think you for got to carry something over haha.

lucho

Sep 28, 2010
You're going to love the 25+ miles we have laid out. Somebody get me a car and I'll race it, let Alan run the show--is that good! Just saying.

As before, when you sign up and have paid your entry fee and you are in the drawing for starting positions (BY CLASS) Thursday, at 7 p.m., we'll be glad to send you the course map and "kml" file for your GPS so that you can pre-run to your heart's content on Friday, from Noon until Midnight.
Special Tech hours: Saturday, between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.

Race starts at 6 p.m. exactly.

In between it's OK to take a "siesta."

lucho

Sep 28, 2010
Remember we will honor your membership to the ISA if it is still current. However if you don't have one, please go to: www.futvi.com for additional details and application form.

Those of you who have already signed up, you membership card is on its way.

Lou

lucho

Sep 28, 2010
Remember entries are now official open for the PURE "200" and if you did not get your FUTVI membership card, you can download that information now. Go to www.futvi.com and of course visit our site: www.averacing.com for more information and to download the entry and stuff.

lucho

Sep 28, 2010
After coming back from the 500 and logging over 1100 miles, pre-running, chasing, racing, I'm ready for our "200" at the end of the month. Funny, I drove all over Baja for almost a week and there are quite a few spots that look like our course here for the "200" except ours are just in short spurts.
It's going to be a classic starting at 6 p.m. on Saturday night.
Remember, Tech will be from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m.
Sign up by Thursday at 6 p.m. to get into the drawing for starting spots by class.
We will have a new starting and finishing area within our property but never used as such before.

Attached is the entry and you will get the "kml" file if you request it after Thursday night at 7 p.m. or any time during Friday and Saturday.
Prerun Friday from 12 Noon until midnight.

Remember; anyone who participates and does not have a current ISA Membership card must purchase a FUTVI (Formula UTV International) membership card to participate.

See you in a couple of weeks.
Let's make this one the biggest entry yet, it is shaping up that way.

Lou

Attachments

ironworks

Jan 18, 2010
Why the 5 hour wait inbetween tech and racing? That will be a long time in the heat for those of us without campers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000