Official UTVUnderground.com 2015 Baja 1000 Update Thread

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
NIKAL we took a solid hit to the rear from a BC car, and it shifted our entire rear suspension to the passenger side. The rear of the frame and diff plate were cracked... It sucked the driver axle in tight and kept eating the inboard, and it pushed the passenger side out making it constantly fall out.... we went through all 5 spare rear axles and had to call it @ mile 575. A little bummed as I was to get to drive for the first time at mile 588 Check 5, but oh well.

All in all we had a good showing for our motors and have now won 3 in a row with an NA car... also, Wes Miller is now running our motor, and as most can agree he was hauling the mail, and had a good shot at the podium before he had a mechanical failure with the suspension. Add to that Alonso securing a 4th in the series and we are very proud! We look forward to next season!!!

Nate
Alba Racing
You know what we call (BC) Baja Challenge cars? We call them Bucket Chasers as they are all buy a rides and most are using them to check off thier Bucket List, dont know how to race and inturn screw up those who are real racers, racing for a Championship or a win. I can't tell you how many Sunday BC drivers we would catch to only get jack rabbited on. Or you pass them in our limited car only to have the guy try to nerf me as I complete the pass. I guess nerfing or wreaking others is on their bucket list too!

Don't know about now, but they used to start infront of the 5/1600 and I would walk the starting line and talk to the BC drivers, explaining that I was racing for a Championship and to please understand this and to understand we are in different classes. So if I catch you move over and we will go right by and the race will go on. If you don't move I will tap you and then take you for a ride. And then you can pay your BC damage bill after the race when the back is pushed in or you were pushed off the road.

The cars that were cool got a thumbs up as we passed. The guy who gave me shit at the starting line. I would tell My race partner at the start which car #s to take for a ride if they don't move.

We have F up a few BC cars rear bumpers before! And we rarely ever nerf others as most of the time they move when caught or I pass on another line. Our car looked new for every race, so if we damaged or dented our front bumper, then we just had to repair or build a new one for the next race.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
LOL oh ya one of my chase teams forgot they were supposed to be chasing the race car and decided to do what ever the fuck they wanted .. more to come in the race report
Johnny your not the first to have this happen. Years ago I was up at Ojos doing a visual for a 10 car. And some Herbst guys in a fully loaded Herbst chase truck were there to do a visual and haul ass. Well I guess the got into the race and forgot they were suppose to take off. By the time the TT's were gone and the class 1 were coming threw they remembered what they were there for! Next issue is they left the keys in the truck and locked it up. I guess Herbst did not hand out spare keys which should always be in someone else's pocket as back up. So after trying to get in we helped them get in. We broke the rear slider window and sent a kid in to unlock the doors. By this time the 10's were coming and we left. One dude as close to crying as he was now going to miss the next pit and he will have to explain it and the broken window!

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
I'm kinda disappointed you don't have anything to rant about this race George. I always and enjoy reading them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I could rant on my own team including myself I suppose......it was a race full of irony. We had 16 spare tires divided between two chase trucks and 4 pits yet the first big trouble was we couldn't get a tire.....really? Then bought two drums of race fuel divided it and the fuel jugs yet ended up with just ONE fuel jug that had a spout that would fit the fill hole...fuel stop looked like this....dump a 5 then fill it from an 11 twice and maybe a partial.....that's just retarded! Had 2 spare rear axles and a front axle on the car and every part imaginable in the truck except a spare key and a master cylinder......guess what we needed. Communications all checked out including the Text Anywhere or did it? My other driver used to work for me but when he left I took his phone and case put in my SIM card. So he tells the guy setting up the sat comm the number on the phone is his old number which is now in my old phone in Ensenada. So when the car had no brakes just off the highway we couldn't find it cuz we couldn't reach the car. Everyone thinks the sat comm didn't work but once back in Ensenada there are a hundred position updates on my old phone. Stupid shit like that cost us this race! Oh and I need to thank Dan Fresh who raved about the Tensor tires we were running said put 15 psi they work great. I blew out two wheels in 80 miles. I knew better and should have gone with my initial instinct 20 psi. There was more stupid shit I just need more time to find it funny enough to laugh about.

Btw, the new guys from Dallas Rookie Motorsports well they broke w motor issues right where our chase truck was at rm 345 but we didn't see them or know they needed a motor which we had and would have gladly given them. I'm sure they feel better knowing that.....Then there was that squirrel I swerved for that caused me to lose a position to Cognito and was a pivotal turning point in the race for them. I'm pretty sure they caused all the fog on the beach too. They should be DQ"d!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000