Rugged Radios Releases the BELL BR-1 Race Helmet

RuggedRadios

Official UTVUnderground Communications Sponsor
Jan 20, 2009
Arroyo Grande, CA
www.ruggedradios.com
Rugged Radios is proud to announce the new Bell BR.1. Designed for the next generation of racer, the BR-1 combines futuristic styling and all-purpose performance. The Bell BR.1 has been SNELL SA2010 rated. The BR.1 features a lightweight composite shell, leading-edge styling, aero front lip and a large eye port. The standard BR.1 is sold in the rear vent configuration (Top Picture) featuring a Venturi air exchange system. As air flows over the helmet, the Venturi effect increases cooling inside the helmet and prevents the shield from fogging by creating a vacuum that pulls airflow through the helmet. The BR.1's rear facing chin bar vents and top vent provide ventilation while preventing dirt and dust from entering the helmet. Thanks to the versatility of the BR.1, racers no longer have to choose between a side forced air or top forced air model. By installing either the side (Left or Right) forced air or top forced air kit, the BR.1 becomes a full ventilation forced air helmet.The BR.1 is pre-drilled for use with head and neck restraint devices.

BR.1 Basic = $439.00

BR.1 Forced Air = $469.00

BR.1 Wired & Forced Air = $525.00

LouDiamond

De Oppresso Liber - UTVUnderground Approved
Aug 9, 2009
Directly under the sun
Rugged radio, is it possible to offer a more economical helmet with a forced air option and comms? While I am sure that those who are racing want a top shelf helmet, I am pretty sure I am not the only one out there that really just wants a full face helmet so they can run the pumper and not suck dust while riding.

If it could be kept in the low to mid $200 range I think they would sell quite well.

ZTFab

Zero Tolerance Fabrication - Official UTVUndergrou
Mar 25, 2009
Upland, ca
Rugged radio, is it possible to offer a more economical helmet with a forced air option and comms? While I am sure that those who are racing want a top shelf helmet, I am pretty sure I am not the only one out there that really just wants a full face helmet so they can run the pumper and not suck dust while riding.

If it could be kept in the low to mid $200 range I think they would sell quite well.

Try the Zamp helmets.

They have an SA rated, blown model for $199.95.

...and they have some closeout specials right now.

I have no experience with them though....

RuggedRadios

Official UTVUnderground Communications Sponsor
Jan 20, 2009
Arroyo Grande, CA
www.ruggedradios.com
They are a great helmet for the price. As far as putting out a more economical helmet, we have thought about that and have come to realize that the more and more we look into it... How much is your head worth? I have been looking into getting more economical helmets and have tried them on and wasn't to happy with the fitment of them. When in an impact with a poorly fitting helmet it could be worse to wear one that not. But to each it's own.

LouDiamond

Aug 9, 2009
Directly under the sun
They are a great helmet for the price. As far as putting out a more economical helmet, we have thought about that and have come to realize that the more and more we look into it... How much is your head worth? I have been looking into getting more economical helmets and have tried them on and wasn't to happy with the fitment of them. When in an impact with a poorly fitting helmet it could be worse to wear one that not. But to each it's own.
Perhaps I was not clear enough in what my requirement is. Head protection is not why I am looking for a full face helmet. Head protection is important to me but it's secondary in this case as the helmet is simply a means of ducting air in and keeping dust out during trail riding where speed is fairly slow to moderate but the dust is high. I agree my head is worth a lot but I don't need a F1 racing helmet where a simple Protec helmet would be sufficient for the recreational driving I am doing. I am really just looking for a full face shell to pump air in/keep dust out and have comms in it that doesn't cost and arm and a leg. Perhaps what I am asking is something you don't wish to do but I do know that many people currently recreationally ride without any type of head protection but would consider wearing it if it did everything I described and was affordable. Thanks for your time and for making a great product.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
that is one bad ass helmet!!!!! I love the styling and the ability to have a top or side inlet for the parker pumper. Sweet looking helmet Rugged!!

Mr Lou Diamond, you can also turn to Simpson for an affordable option. I know they were selling some older model helmets such as the one I got for just a couple hundred dollars. Check it out! Black Rhino Performance - Black Rhino Performance is a dealer of Simpson products and are also a solid UTVUnderground.com sponsor. Consider contacting Goodtimes here on UTVUnderground to ask for a member special.

LouDiamond

Aug 9, 2009
Directly under the sun
that is one bad ass helmet!!!!! I love the styling and the ability to have a top or side inlet for the parker pumper. Sweet looking helmet Rugged!!

Mr Lou Diamond, you can also turn to Simpson for an affordable option. I know they were selling some older model helmets such as the one I got for just a couple hundred dollars. Check it out! Black Rhino Performance - Black Rhino Performance is a dealer of Simpson products and are also a solid UTVUnderground.com sponsor. Consider contacting Goodtimes here on UTVUnderground to ask for a member special.
Joey, thanks for the info. I didn't see anything on the black rhino website for pumper helmets but I'll give them a shout when I have a chance and see what they can do.

rupert14

Raber Racing - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 14, 2010
Try the Zamp helmets.

They have an SA rated, blown model for $199.95.

...and they have some closeout specials right now.

I have no experience with them though....

I ordered three Zamp helmets before going with the AR-10 from HJC. The Zamp helmets are very very uncomfortable for anyone with a round head. If your head is cone shaped, or if you have been in a race accident and had your skull run over, they they should fit great. All three of us tried them on when they came and they were so uncomfortable, we paid the re-stocking fee and the overnight fee to get better helmets. I see the affordable point as I was looking also. I just don't think Zamp helmets are going to help in a desert race. Go with a quality helmet with real ventilation features and you will be very happy in the long run.

LouDiamond

Aug 9, 2009
Directly under the sun
I ordered three Zamp helmets before going with the AR-10 from HJC. The Zamp helmets are very very uncomfortable for anyone with a round head. If your head is cone shaped, or if you have been in a race accident and had your skull run over, they they should fit great. All three of us tried them on when they came and they were so uncomfortable, we paid the re-stocking fee and the overnight fee to get better helmets. I see the affordable point as I was looking also. I just don't think Zamp helmets are going to help in a desert race. Go with a quality helmet with real ventilation features and you will be very happy in the long run.
Wow,thats good info to know, I appreciate your posting your experience with that brand helmet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000