Vertex Radios

Flatblack

Mar 28, 2013
Menifee ca
found two Vertex VX-510L radios at work. Will they work for in car radios? If so how or what do i need to get them set up? I know nothing about radios. They were used on a Military project we did a couple years ago.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
called Rugged Radios and ask. I believe they need to be programmed for the offroad frequencies.

Ruggeds handheld is only $220 i think all programmed and ready to go. I bought one a few years ago to listen to race chatter, i also give it to the wife or daughter to use as a spotter when i am jumping.

Flatblack

Mar 28, 2013
Menifee ca
called Rugged Radios and ask. I believe they need to be programmed for the offroad frequencies.

Ruggeds handheld is only $220 i think all programmed and ready to go. I bought one a few years ago to listen to race chatter, i also give it to the wife or daughter to use as a spotter when i am jumping.
would u use the same set up if u were just out trailing it with a few others with utvs? just to communicate between the cars??

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
would u use the same set up if u were just out trailing it with a few others with utvs? just to communicate between the cars??
yes, if you all have the same frequency. But you will find out that most people have intercom only and not car to car. I run across this alot since i have been looking for a new group to ride with.

Mar 7, 2012
menifee ca
I only have car to car for right now tell I get more money for intercoms. But some times it nice when my girl is yelling at me to slow down or be carful. Lol

Mar 7, 2012
menifee ca
found two Vertex VX-510L radios at work. Will they work for in car radios? If so how or what do i need to get them set up? I know nothing about radios. They were used on a Military project we did a couple years ago.
It would awesome if they will work for our upcoming trip. Makes the rides so much better.

Flatblack

Mar 28, 2013
Menifee ca
Bummer :( even if you did just get a hand held one you could still plug it into your helmet and it will work just as good.
I'm looking at a few different options. I'm not sure I can come up with the cash before this trip but a radio seems like a solid investment. I'm not sure what set up I would get for the headset part. I don't do helmets that often. But the big dome ear pieces on the headset seem bulky. Going to really look into all the options.

Mar 7, 2012
menifee ca
I'm looking at a few different options. I'm not sure I can come up with the cash before this trip but a radio seems like a solid investment. I'm not sure what set up I would get for the headset part. I don't do helmets that often. But the big dome ear pieces on the headset seem bulky. Going to really look into all the options.
You heard they past the law where we have to wear helmets right? Just past the 1st of the year.

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
If you get in a jam, I can loan you a set-up for the Barstow trip. You'd have to come down to Miramar Rd. to pick it up. :cool:

Mar 7, 2012
menifee ca
There is a thread on here about it. They jut paste it the 1st of the year a couple people have already gotten tickets for it. I don't really mind my helmet I feel safer. I don't like that I have to put one on just to cruse to the bathroom. But yes you will have to invest in a dot approved helmet. Sorry to be the bad news bear.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000