wheel and tires for racing desert

AZCourt

AZ's Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
I like 26x9x12 bighorns on a 5+2 offset omf or beadlock specialties beadlock. I think mine are 4+3 offset Douglas wheels by beadlock specialties.

RZRS EDGE RACING

Sharp As A RZR - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 23, 2009
Arizona
We run OMF bead locks love em, maxxis bighorns 26.12.12
26.9.12. Not one flat last year in BITD.We sure would like to get some other manufactures tires to do some testing...since Maxxis is showing no love we get new tires every 3 races or about 400 miles :eek:

DWT

DWT/Motoworks Racing - Official UTVUnderground Spo
Sep 10, 2010
www.dwtracing.com
Check out the all new (Sector) wheel by DWT, available in 12" and 14" made for the toughest conditions but still light weight.

As always we are devoted to producing the best performing wheels on the planet. After almost two decades of innovation, industry leadership and an impressive number of championships in a wide variety of motor sports, DWT continues to lead the way in performance wheel technology.

Don't hesitate to call if you have questions about our products, trust me we are here to help you choose the right wheel for your needs. 760-758-5560 1-800-racerim www.dwtracing.com

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
i have crashed lots of times on my billet center OMF's. no bends or issues at all. i bought extra billet centers when i ordered my wheels 2 years ago and never needed them.

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
I have run/race tested many different types of tires/wheels in many different situations.....I always have to go back to Maxxis Big Horns when it comes to the toughest tire I have run. The original Big Horns are knarly tires.....and will last a long time. I would run nothing else in a desert race.... I never even ran a spare all last season....crazy!

I'm also running Walker Evans wheels - not only are they strong enough to handle the rigors of racing, but they look nice doing it! :)

DWT

Sep 10, 2010
www.dwtracing.com
DWT will be accepting racer support resumes for UTV classes starting on Oct. 1st

call DWT for details and ask for racer support.

We support the sport.

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
The ITP Bajacross' are definitely tough, but as already mentioned, very heavy. In sand, that weight helps kill your speed but on rough hardpack with rocks, they help carry momentum. Big trade offs.
I'm looking at other tires to see what might work and hold up in the desert while being lighter.
Interested in the DWT and Walker Evans wheels both. Glad to hear you really like them Corry.

DWT

Sep 10, 2010
www.dwtracing.com
walker evens has very nice product, but I think we are talking about two totally different wheels. The new sector wheel from DWT is the only alum. Spun three piece wheel in the industry that allows you to be able to change your offset by changing the halfs or change bolt patten by changing the center.

This wheel is what the UTV industry was needing and weighs less than it competitions. It's a must see they will be on display at the sand show on 09/17--09/19 come by the DWT booth.

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
walker evens has very nice product, but I think we are talking about two totally different wheels. The new sector wheel from DWT is the only alum. Spun three piece wheel in the industry that allows you to be able to change your offset by changing the halfs or change bolt patten by changing the center.

This wheel is what the UTV industry was needing and weighs less than it competitions. It's a must see they will be on display at the sand show on 09/17--09/19 come by the DWT booth.
Interesting Ty, I'll be in touch, need to figure out what I'm going to do real soon, my new car is almost done and we need to line out the wheels and tires for both short course and BITD racing...

DWT

Sep 10, 2010
www.dwtracing.com
Sounds good I look forward to talking to you.

I also have some interesting news on some new tires that are coming real soon that we can discuss.

Thanks

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield

So your hyping up this sector in multipule thread....can we get a picture of em?:confused:I dont see nothing on the website

DWT

Sep 10, 2010
www.dwtracing.com
Sure, the pics are on the website if you go to the banner on the top of this page and click on dwt logo it will take you to our website then click on atv/utv then click alumi on the left it will then take you to a line of wheels and the sector is the first one click on it and you have all the info you should need.

This is also available in a non bead lock or you can buy just the outside half and make it bead lock or non any time you want.

Check it out and if you have any questions please ask them I'm here to help.

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
Is this what your looking for guys!
PALA RACEWAY,CA
DWT has came up with a unique system where the rim is split right in half,If you bend one side of your wheel you can just simply replace the bad side of the wheel.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000