wheel and tires for racing desert

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Thanks Darryl89
Is it starting to get cold over there in your part of the country yet.
Low to mid 40's a couple times in the past week at night, still mid 80's during the day. Within 2 weeks though, we'll have the first significant snowfall 50 miles north of us in the mountains. We have about 2 months of prime riding time coming up now on the high desert plateau. The in late November, it'll start snowing here more and get down to about 30 during the day. Then winter riding starts...

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
the Sector weighed in at 10lbs when we weighed it at DWT the other day...its a SICK wheel!!

Mark Holz had a set to run at LOORRS Glen Helen....

You know Joey, a set of those might look really sweet on that pissed off kitty, don't ya think.
Ty, those are some slick looking wheels.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Those are sweet looking!! Whats the Price going to be on them....Im not a racer but a set would look sweet on my rig for SEMA:D

RZRUAE

UAE #1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Sep 11, 2010
UAE,ALAIN
the sector and diablo both look nice wheels,OMF and HIPER make nice wheels ,too.

Douglas Outlaw II - 9.4 lbs
Douglas Outlaw - 9.7 lbs
ITP C Type 7 - 10.6 lbs
Douglas Rattle Snake - 11.4 lbs
Douglas Rok Star - 11.4 lbs
ITP SS112 - 11.8 lbs
ITP SS108 - 12.2 lbs
ITP SS106 - 12.4 lbs
Douglas Spyder - 12.6 lbs.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
I run Maxxis Big Horns and Walker Evans wheels...and I am extremely happy with them!

DWT

DWT/Motoworks Racing - Official UTVUnderground Spo
Sep 10, 2010
www.dwtracing.com
Well the wheel we put on the scale was 17.2Lbs. they may offer other wheels that I'm not aware of. I also think there website advertises the 17. Lbs.

DWT

Sep 10, 2010
www.dwtracing.com
The diablo is only available in a 12" and it weights in at 11lbs whitch is also a great wheel and is considered to be one of the litest beadlocks in the industry.

DWT

Sep 10, 2010
www.dwtracing.com
The all new DWT 25" and 26" tires coming soon. We took a lot of advise from all of you side by side owners and put it into a tire that we think is a nice fit for the sector wheel and the utv industry. Look for them on the web site.

I will post some pics of them tomorrow a long with some specs. On them

DWTRacing

Sep 10, 2010
DWT MOAPA UTILITY TIRE
After a long period of designing, engineering and testing; the all new DWT MOAPA UTILITY TIRE is here! It’s aggressive tread and top notch construction are sure to make it the best utility tire on the market.

The DWT MOAPA tire’s wide contact patch gives it the right amount of traction in many applications. The MOAPA’s awesome looking and awesome performing sidewall design is full of protection with it’s unique wrapped tread design. It’s lightweight bias ply construction makes acceleration easy without draining power. The specially engineered carcass design gives a high performance smooth ride. This is a strong yet lightweight 6 ply tire.

Sizes Available:

• 25x8x12
• 25x10x12
• 26x9x12
• 26x11x12
• 26x9x14
• 26x11x14

Last edited:

rupert14

Raber Racing - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 14, 2010
Those wheels are sweet. I just got 6 hyper wheels and decided to try out the Pit Bull Growler tires. They are 8 ply sidewalls and three pounds per tire heavier than the bighorn. I tried to get the 27" bighorns for my 12" wheels and had trouble getting them. I ran the bighorns for two seasons and they did well with only two sidewall flats. I have really bad luck with tires. I am debating whether to put the tire balls I ordered in the tires or just run them. The balls make the tire heavier but I would not have to carry a spare. I will take some pics of my setup and get them posted. The pit bulls are 27.5 tall but actually measure 28". Whe on the car,on the ground they are still 27.5 tall.

Is there a price on those sector wheels yet?

Goodtimes

Jan 17, 2009
Ramona
Those wheels are sweet. I just got 6 hyper wheels and decided to try out the Pit Bull Growler tires. They are 8 ply sidewalls and three pounds per tire heavier than the bighorn. I tried to get the 27" bighorns for my 12" wheels and had trouble getting them. I ran the bighorns for two seasons and they did well with only two sidewall flats. I have really bad luck with tires. I am debating whether to put the tire balls I ordered in the tires or just run them. The balls make the tire heavier but I would not have to carry a spare. I will take some pics of my setup and get them posted. The pit bulls are 27.5 tall but actually measure 28". Whe on the car,on the ground they are still 27.5 tall.

Is there a price on those sector wheels yet?
The Pit Bulls are 3 lbs heavy'er than the Big Horns ?. I wonder what that converts to in HP loss. i do like the idea od haveing a 8 ply side wall over a 6 ply

rupert14

Raber Racing - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 14, 2010
Well, 3 hp per wheel is a great price to pay considering the teams that are winning run tire balls in every tire and don't carry a spare. The weight is much better than a flat. Sure rotating mass is more important than a spare on a roll cage but changing a flat costs a ton of time. In a 75 mile race in snowflake I had a 6 min lead 25 miles in but got a flat and had to change it in the mud. I lost 16 minutes and caught back up to lose by less than 60 seconds. I would have rather had an extra 3lbs per tire than a flat. Just my .02. I am considering running the tires without tire balls until I get a flat. If I never do, then I will keep the tire balls on the shelf. The 6 ply bighorns are pretty durable so I am hoping these are even better. I like all the pit bull products I have seen so far. I will let you guys know how they do at the Henderson 250.

bonesguy

Jul 11, 2010
Upland, CA
No one runs a DOT approved tire? I know the BFG is not in production anymore but General makes a 27 that is supposed to be lighter than the BFG... has any one tried that tire? how about the Toyo?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000