1938 BITD 900XP Build

Big Guy

Havasu Racer
Jun 16, 2009
lake havasu city
That was a big dilema typically fuel cells are placed in the bed area but with the intake and air box where it is putting it back there is not really an option. Brian is having a custom fuel cell built to go under the seats. I will post pics. when we get it.

Big Guy

Havasu Racer
Jun 16, 2009
lake havasu city
Move the muffler to a new location, would that be an option?
Yeah we thought about moving the muffler and building a custom air box. But we were trying to fit at least a 16 gal fuel cell back there. Having a custom cell under the seats was by far the best option you are able to utilize wasted space and it also helps keep a lower center of gravity. The only bad thing was the extra cost.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
J and B:
Updates amigos? Pics? You guys know how to go fast, so I am curious how your hot rod is coming. Are you running stock rear trailing arms? Engine mods? What wheels and tires are your going to run? Shock choice?

Can't wait to see the beast.

Big Guy

Havasu Racer
Jun 16, 2009
lake havasu city
J and B:
Updates amigos? Pics? You guys know how to go fast, so I am curious how your hot rod is coming. Are you running stock rear trailing arms? Engine mods? What wheels and tires are your going to run? Shock choice?

Can't wait to see the beast.
Hey MP sorry I havent updated in awhile but there isnt a whole lot to show. We gusseted the front end and the trailing arm mounts and everything is welded. We are hoping the fuel cell will be here this weekend and we are still waiting for shocks from King. If we get our parts by the end of the week we will have it on its wheels and I will post some pics and give more details. We are hoping to be able to take it to start the body in the next week or two.

Big Guy

Havasu Racer
Jun 16, 2009
lake havasu city
I know its been a while since the last update but she is coming slow but sure. We finally got the shocks last week so we were able to finally reasemble the suspension and get it on its wheels. You will notice we went with the HCR LT kit. Damion at HCR was willing to help us out with a partial sponsorship. This kit is by far one of the best Ive ever seen the craftsmanship is top notch and everything bolted up perfect. Thanks again HCR!!! Since the last update we gussetted the front end, the rear trailing arm mounts, spare tire mount, and welded up the cage. We also decide to double scheer the front upper A arms for added stregth. It was alittle stressfull cutting into a brand new LT kit but Brian wanted it done. The fuel cell is done and will be here by the end of the week as well as the new radiator. We are hoping to have it reaady for the alum work by the end of next weekend. P.S. sorry about some of the blurry pics.

Attachments

Bajaxp

Jan 21, 2010
OC
Very nice Brian! Man that thing looks wide...70"? Good job!

Bajaxp

Jan 21, 2010
OC
Looks good Jeff and Brian. Keep up the good work. I have heard that there are 8-10 new BITD builds currently going on, should make for some good racing next year! :)

Big Guy

Havasu Racer
Jun 16, 2009
lake havasu city
Looks good Jeff and Brian. Keep up the good work. I have heard that there are 8-10 new BITD builds currently going on, should make for some good racing next year! :)
Thanks Matt.....yeah its getting there slow but sure! We really need to bust ass on it now The 250 will be here before we know it!!! Yeah next year should be really competitive! I wish they would release the Wildcat before next year...I'm sure we will be racing against a few of them next season!

Bajaxp

Jan 21, 2010
OC
Thanks Matt.....yeah its getting there slow but sure! We really need to bust ass on it now The 250 will be here before we know it!!! Yeah next year should be really competitive! I wish they would release the Wildcat before next year...I'm sure we will be racing against a few of them next season!
No...not the Wild Cat! Aaaaaahhhhh Ok I quit, I just know that I can't compete against them. 1000cc's? How could anybody compete against 1000cc's? I mean that is a lot of CC's. I think I need a tissue. FML.. :eek::p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000