2012 t4 help

Ryanmatthew1

Aug 28, 2013
Ohmd the wire from the tps to the ecu and it ohms out so I guess it's safe to say I have a bad ecu? Is there a way to know for sure? I wish knew someone with one from north Alabama or close lol

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
I don't usually steer people to other forums but in this case it maybe beneficial to you.

Are you on www.teryxforums.net???

If not you might be able to look their for somebody in your area willing to help, or that has had this problem before and can tell you where to look better or what the next step might be.

As with any forum take it with a grain of salt, a lot people that think they know a lot more then they do but it could be helpful.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I am going to assume that it is similar to automotive and tell you how to check the TPS although if it was bad it should run bad in neutral. If you unplug it and turn the key on you should have 5 volts to one wire and ground to one wire. The 3rd wire will be the reference voltage to tell the computer how far the throttle is open. With the sensor plugged in and the key on the reference voltage will be low probably around .6 or so volts. As you open the throttle it will increase ending up near 5 volts at wide open throttle. You will have to back probe the reference wire since it has to be plugged in.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Check the idle control motor. We had a 2012 with problems and cleaning out the IAC motor fixed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000