HDRA?

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Yes there will Rusty and the ISA will be playing a major roll in the new "league" which will also feature 2 stadium races!!!

I don't know know what all I can say publicly yet but someone we are closely working with has also aquired rights to the Mint 400 race and it looms like UTVs will be involved there as well...... More news to come an it will all be posted here first...well and on our partners Race-Dezert.com! gonna be a big year!

Mike L

Kawasaki Kult Grand Wizard - We HATE Dem Bears
Feb 11, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.lashermotorsports.com
I love how they say affordable racing on the home page and then list the Pro Entry fee at $850. At that rate it would be cheaper for UTV guys to run BITD. Don't know what the Car/Truck fees are so it might be a deal for them.

tyler

Parkse5 - UTVUnderground Approved
May 27, 2009
mission viejo
Isn't HDRA drag racing or did I miss something? High Desert Racing Association? Is that such a thing?

HDRA1

old buggy dork - UTVUnderground Approved
Sep 3, 2010
Las Vegas nv
yes there are good things coming down the pipeline for sure the entry fee for utv i think will be different i have known about this for a long time just let things play out and you will see it will be right for the utv crowd ........so when was the last time you got a contegincy payback from BITD?

just saying :rolleyes:

Mike L

Kawasaki Kult Grand Wizard - We HATE Dem Bears
Feb 11, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.lashermotorsports.com
yes there are good things coming down the pipeline for sure the entry fee for utv i think will be different i have known about this for a long time just let things play out and you will see it will be right for the utv crowd ........so when was the last time you got a contegincy payback from BITD?

don't know your affiliation with it Lucas but with all the controversy over on RDC I wonder if the thing will ever get off the ground and up and running.... Could it end up like another MI7 event? Roger can't be happy with all the negative press. It really stinks to see the HDRA name drug through the mud.

Jeff Knoll

Carrera Performance
Oct 20, 2010
www.isxsa.com
I think Mad Media should start rolling tape right now for the best reality show ever. Multi sanction smack down drama. This is better than real house wives.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Now I will have a chance to influence the direction of our sport in a major way. This is by far the most exciting project I have ever worked on. We could not have a better group of people to make this happen!!! We are actively looking for a sponsored driver for the #8 truck to run the vehicle so I can concentrate on working with everyone at HDRA to make HDRA the best series by racers for racers.
I will work on getting us sports betting in Nevada. In order to keep it going we would need to have people making bets or the sports book will lose interest in offering it.

Double Down is Roger Norman....I think HDRA is gonna be sick! PLACE YOUR BETS!!! How rad would it be to be able to bet on UTV racing!!!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I think there is room for another pro UTV desert series. Since SCORE isn't the place for UTV's today I think HDRA could offer up a pretty nice alternative to BITD. I don't see BITD UTV racing going anywhere so with that being said HDRA could be another series for current BITD guys to also go race or for others who don't like BITD or can't afford the BITD series to go run.

The drama is to be expected, just like with any new organization you are going to have naysayers and people who will talk and down and wish failure upon them without even listening or giving it a chance. I know a couple of the people involved in this new HDRA and they are solid of people I have ever met!

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
I think Mad Media should start rolling tape right now for the best reality show ever. Multi sanction smack down drama. This is better than real house wives.
^^^^Hahahaha...MM should do it!

bajaleo

Apr 11, 2010

I'm stoked Lucas! For us that grew up with HDRA it will be great to see the series come back. Plus my first driving gig after I left my dad was for Ken Flippin, so I'm betting he will get behind the UTV's.
I hope this puts a smile on your Grandpas face up watching over us.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I think there is room for another pro UTV desert series. Since SCORE isn't the place for UTV's today I think HDRA could offer up a pretty nice alternative to BITD. I don't see BITD UTV racing going anywhere so with that being said HDRA could be another series for current BITD guys to also go race or for others who don't like BITD or can't afford the BITD series to go run.

The drama is to be expected, just like with any new organization you are going to have naysayers and people who will talk and down and wish failure upon them without even listening or giving it a chance. I know a couple of the people involved in this new HDRA and they are solid of people I have ever met!
Do you think that the UTVs arent racing Baja because of the cost,or that its in Mexico,or something else.BITD is cool but to me the 500 and 1000 are the top desert races.

Bajaxp

Jan 21, 2010
OC
Do you think that the UTVs arent racing Baja because of the cost,or that its in Mexico,or something else.BITD is cool but to me the 500 and 1000 are the top desert races.
Now that is a great question. My take is that it is multiple things; UTV's tend to be an entry class and let's be frank...Mexico is scary to noobs. Second is the cost. Entry is expensive, but chasing and pre-running makes it crazy expensive. And third, and this is my personal beef is that SCORE still has UTV's as a Sportsman class. No chance to make any of your money back or in my experience get sponsors interested in 'Sportsman.' I have spoken to Sal multiple times about a Pro class and he said we were slow and always break. I told him that was true five years ago, but not now. BITD is now the top of heap for UTV desert races as long as the ^^^^ issues are not addressed. HDRA? Who knows. Let's let them get a few under their belt. My only fear is that it dilutes car count at Casey's races.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Now that is a great question. My take is that it is multiple things; UTV's tend to be an entry class and let's be frank...Mexico is scary to noobs. Second is the cost. Entry is expensive, but chasing and pre-running makes it crazy expensive. And third, and this is my personal beef is that SCORE still has UTV's as a Sportsman class. No chance to make any of your money back or in my experience get sponsors interested in 'Sportsman.' I have spoken to Sal multiple times about a Pro class and he said we were slow and always break. I told him that was true five years ago, but not now. BITD is now the top of heap for UTV desert races as long as the ^^^^ issues are not addressed. HDRA? Who knows. Let's let them get a few under their belt. My only fear is that it dilutes car count at Casey's races.
I am with you on the pro class and I think if there was enough entries that could happen.
My trophy says sportsman and I dont care since we beat every other UTV.
Everything breaks in Baja thats why there is usually about a 50% finish rate.
I would have thought that being associated with Baja would help with sponsors since it is more of a household name than most desert races.

Bajaxp

Jan 21, 2010
OC
I am with you on the pro class and I think if there was enough entries that could happen.
My trophy says sportsman and I dont care since we beat every other UTV.
Everything breaks in Baja thats why there is usually about a 50% finish rate.
I would have thought that being associated with Baja would help with sponsors since it is more of a household name than most desert races.
Maybe the ISA can get SCORE to have a Pro class. I know that they need a rule book for UTV's. I have raced Baja five times but only one of those was in a UTV. I would love to race it again in the Bobsled.

Jeff Knoll

Carrera Performance
Oct 20, 2010
www.isxsa.com
I would be interested in giving Baja another go, and a UTV seems a better platform than the last attempt in a Jeepspeed. (missed the official finish by 20 minutes) I would caution that maybe a loop race like this year would be better suited for keeping costs down. but Maybe waiting another two years is too much?

I would be willing to pitch the idea to Sal, as the ISA, if we had an idea of what car count we could bring. Let's get the foundation set at ISA first, and than we can tackle stuff like that. IMHO the Norra Rally sounds like it might be more fun in a UTV. Not likely you would get a reduced entry and a Proclass at any rate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000